Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Six Flags America, Labor Day

Six Flags America, Labor Day

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post September 1st, 2014, 9:18 pm

Points on hand: 1,157.00 Points
I had a terrific time, the 120 mile drive was the best drive I've ever had that long with no traffic jams at all going to or coming back. It was delightful. Had a great time, every ride we didn't have to wait more than 2 turns to jump in the seat, now lets get to the coasters.

Shipwreck Falls was the first ride we went on, loved it. When you splash you're sucked into a big huge tornado of water and you can completely drenched. We rode it twice. But its not a rollercoaster, its a water ride.

Roar - Kinda rough but not too rough, lots of overbanked turns into either turning drops or straight drops, didn't seem too intense to me but I wouldn't call it a bad ride. 5.5/10

Apocalypse - Pretty disappointed, lots of padding around the head, but for a B&M standup coaster, I expected more, pretty tame actually and not too intense and kinda short. Dissapointed, but still enjoyed it. 6/10

Joker's Jinx - It was fun to finally ride Flight of Fear in broad daylight seeing exactly how the track looked like. Its a good ride but lets get to the real superstars now. 6.5/10

Superman Ride of Steel - Now we're talking. This ride has terrific ejector air and a nice turning ejector air drop. The 5 or so airtime hills were excellent. In between is I believe an upward helix that's pretty intense too. Only small problem I have with this ride is it kinda goes straight forward a lot of the times between the different intense times. 9.5/10

Batwing - Wow! First time ever on a flying coaster and what an absolute fantastic feeling. The feeling we got of not really seeing the track and just seeing the earth and sky as we go through heartline rolls, twists and turns, one VERY intense loop, and helix. Its a sensation that's new to me which I want to visit again. Now this is a new type of thrill I never experienced before and I definitely want to travel to see different types of flying coasters. 9.5/10

Wild One - Rode it 3 times since my friend loved it. First two times I thought it was really rough. Last time we sat in the front seat, front seat is good and not too rough with nice airtime hill, last helix isn't too tough, and nice thrill. ONLY ride the front though. But its a shame finally getting to visit all these theme parks, Grizzly is still the best wooden coaster I've been on. Guess I gotta travel farther to really search for the wooden gold (though, I would like to say we couldn't catch Lightning Racer at Hershey since we didn't have the time) 7.5/10

I thought the park was very underated and we had a terrific time. It was very clean, not congested at all, and had it share of thrills. Overall score (based on the time I had there, not average score of rollercoasters), 10/10
Attachments
Splash.jpg
Shipwreck Falls
Roar.jpg
Roar
Apocalypse.jpg
Apocalypse
Joker's Jinx.jpg
Joker's Jinx
Superman Maryland.jpg
Superman - Ride of Steel
1908421_703178233092295_4643324136548334168_n.jpg