Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 Switch Troubles

Switch Troubles

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post September 1st, 2014, 11:31 am
BBH User avatar

Points on hand: 167.00 Points
I'm trying to create a Mack launch coaster with a station/transfer track setup similar to Escape from Gringotts.

The first train, in the left station, proceeds to the brake sections to the left as normal and as it should. However, when the second train is ready to dispatch, both switch 1 and switch 2 change to the right, sending it to the transfer track. How do I lock the position of switch 2 during automatic operation?

Post September 1st, 2014, 6:42 pm
BBH User avatar

Sorry to double post in my own topic but I've found the solution of someone is looking for an answer at some point in the future.

I simply switched the transfer track to start out in position 3/4, in a storage position. There's an error when the coaster is started up, and it needs to be left that way after trains are switched on, but it works.

Post September 1st, 2014, 7:18 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
If I'm understanding what you're saying. Since the transfer track is connected to the switch it reads it as the switch is supposed to turn over, but if the transfer is in a different section then the switch knows to not switch because there is no block to catch the train on the other side?
What are these for?

Post September 1st, 2014, 8:15 pm
BBH User avatar

Yes, exactly. The transfer track is hard-wired not to automatically switch positions, so if there is no block to catch the train on the other side, Switch 2 will remain in the "correct" position.

Post September 1st, 2014, 11:52 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Lol, it's all based on the scripting engine, which I think is still buggy, so errors like this occur. Hopefully it will be fixed in the future! Glad you got it to work though!

Post September 2nd, 2014, 12:46 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^ True, I was just thinking this insight could be great for an indoor "choose your path" type ride
What are these for?

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2