Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Great Adventure Power Outage 9/14/14

Six Flags Great Adventure Power Outage 9/14/14

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post September 14th, 2014, 1:19 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
sfgadvpowerout91414.jpg
Credit to 7online.com for the photo.

During the early afternoon today at Six Flags Great Adventure, the power without warning, went out. After investigation, it has been said that the power outage was due to a blown transformer. The reason for the blown transformer, while not yet confirmed, is that a driver drove into a power pole and knocked the transformer out, therefore knocking the power out at Six Flags Great Adventure. Park spokespeople have said that all the stranded guests on riders were evacuated safely in just under 20 minutes after the power went out. The power company JCP&L is currently working on getting power resotred, and the park has already begun to get power in certain places again. The spokesperson says that once the power is restored to any ride, it will be safety checked, and then cleared for reopening again.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
At least this time it was a power outage. Unlike Nitro.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
so basically six flags forgot to pay there bills and they shut off there power and there saying it was a transformer.. im just surprised people buy that

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

There was supposedly a car crash so that would confirm that the actual transformer blew and not SF forgot to pay to power bill, although that does sound like something Six Flags would forget to do :P

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
They make people walk out to talk to people on the brakes in a high visibility jacket? Soooooo glad I didn't work there.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 571.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
They make people walk out to talk to people on the brakes in a high visibility jacket? Soooooo glad I didn't work there.

Having worked at Amusement Parks, I wish that we had to wear them when I where I worked. I almost got hurt on a ride because they restarted the ride without telling me. It's a smart safety feature.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
alias1236 wrote:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:

Having worked at Amusement Parks, I wish that we had to wear them when I where I worked. I almost got hurt on a ride because they restarted the ride without telling me. It's a smart safety feature.

One of the only things that Six Flags has done right.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Knowing them, they probably still turn the rides back on with the orange shirt/cover people still out on the track.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!