Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Reviews Oakwood Theme Park ????? Family Fun in Wales

Oakwood Theme Park ????? Family Fun in Wales

Staff approved theme park reviews are posted here. Read the sticky topic for details in posting your reviews.

Post December 10th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Points on hand: 805.00 Points
Located in Pembrokeshire, Wales, the Oakwood Theme Park has been delighting families for over twenty years. When it began in the late 80s, the park was just a small family-owned park offering traditional country fair type attractions with a few unique offerings such as BMXs and their water chute ride. Today, while having grown considerably and adding a number of thrill rides, Oakwood Theme Park still retains a large part of that country fair charm.

Oakwood Theme Park is touted as one of the top ten theme parks in Europe and many say they are number one tourist attraction to be found in Wales. The park sees more than 400,000 visitors every year. The theme part of the park is rather lacking, but they do pack in a lot of great rides and attractions for the whole family. One of their most famous rides is the Megafobia, a roller coaster that enthusiasts rank as one of the best wooden roller coasters in the world.

The park features five thrill rides, providing excitement to the most daring members of the family. If you like speed and heights, you will enjoy spending the day at Oakwood Theme Park, that's for sure. The newest ride is Speed, a Gerstlauer Eurofighter roller coaster, featuring a breathtaking 97????????? drop. The coaster also has a heartline roll, helix, sharp overbank and a vertical loop included along it's length. Megafobia, as mentioned above, is another roller coaster which features only a 55????????? drop but has enough twists and turns to give thrills to coaster lovers anywhere.

The Hydro is Oakwood's awesome water coaster ????????? one of the largest in the world and the tallest water ride to be found in Europe. Riders will be scared spitless at the 100 ft. drop almost straight down into a million gallon pool. The impact is so great, it generates a 45 ft. wall of water!

The Bounce is a height ride ????????? you whip straight up into the air and then bounce back to the ground. Each successive lift is gentler but goes up higher until at last you go all the way up the 160 foot ride before coming back down. That's a heart-stopper! The Vertigo is another height ride of the free fall type. Riders are hoisted up to the very top of the tower and then unclip themselves when told to fall. You get the sensation of weightless free fall and then the feeling that you are flying. Enthusiasts say that it's exhilarating beyond anything else.

Post December 10th, 2010, 9:06 pm
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Post December 10th, 2010, 10:31 pm
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,833.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

to be fair, it's worth the journey for Megafobia alone.

Post December 10th, 2010, 10:34 pm

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

agreed with gould, megaphobia is awsome and i love speed, just that one airhill does it for me, i love it
Making screams come true

Post December 11th, 2010, 1:00 am

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Megaphobia looks awesome.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post December 11th, 2010, 8:58 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Hydro looks nice too.
All RCCAs should be RMC'd. And that event shall be henceforth known as the Rollercaust.

Post December 11th, 2010, 9:09 am
gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

Hydro looks nice too.

Hydro is a cool ride, but if you had ever been to Wales, you would understand why it is ridiculous to have a water ride there! [lol]

Post December 11th, 2010, 9:53 am

Points on hand: 5,761.00 Points

oakwood has alot of waterrides aswell

i still think the waterfall is better than hydro because its much more dangerous and scary
Making screams come true

Post December 11th, 2010, 10:11 am

Points on hand: 209.00 Points
Bank: 311.00 Points
Originally posted by gouldy

Originally posted by Live on earths ass

Hydro looks nice too.

Hydro is a cool ride, but if you had ever been to Wales, you would understand why it is ridiculous to have a water ride there! [lol]

*Cough*Cuz your ass is freezing all the year over there?
Not to mention that goo pile,former a girl who fell out of Hydro.

Points on hand: 132.00 Points
I would not recommend it. I guess it depends on how expensive this park i think in all of the park oakwood is most expensive in all of these i visited this park first and last time in 2010..

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,243.00 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

kasi wrote:
I would not recommend it. I guess it depends on how expensive this park i think in all of the park oakwood is most expensive in all of these i visited this park first and last time in 2010..

Whatch'u talkin'bout, Willis?

Oakwood is SO cheap. It was like ?????15 last time I visited, compared to the ?????50 at Alton Towers.

mkingy User avatar

gouldy wrote:
kasi wrote:

Whatch'u talkin'bout, Willis?

Oakwood is SO cheap. It was like ?????15 last time I visited, compared to the ?????50 at Alton Towers.

I believe Kasi was a spam / troll account and I don't think he visits anymore.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

mkingy User avatar

gouldy wrote:
...Odd

He was the ultimate necro-thread-er
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Yea it was a bot based out of the UK, been banned for months now.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Thanks for telling us about him.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Return to Theme Park Reviews