Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster Newton Article

Newton Article

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post February 9th, 2011, 8:57 pm
RideWarriorNation User avatar
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Points on hand: 1,533.40 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Here is a Tutorial/Article on Newton 2, expect a Part 2 in the future
Tutorial
< article pasted below>
Also, can i get this stickied?

Ok, open newton 2 and the interface should look something like this

N2_Interface.jpg

To begin, lets go over the 4 Tabs. The first tab is the Single-Zone Force. Single as in you can only work on one Force at a time. You can adjust the Roll Setting, the Normal Force Settings, And the lateral settings shown here

N2_Force_Zones-1.jpg

Changing the Roll settings will change x BY not TO "x". So if you have a roll of say -40 degrees, and you change BY 70 degrees, it will not be 70 degrees, it will be 30 degrees! So moving on to Normal Settings, if you change the Normal (force) Settings by 3 (from the default 1g) you will need to make a 2g alternation. Works the same as Roll Settings. If you want to make a -0.5g hill, you would need to make an alternation of -1.5(starting with the default 1g). And now the Lateral settings, they work the same as Roll, and Normal settings. If you want to make a transition of say -0.6, you would change by 0, to -0.6. Although you don't really use this setting unless your making a recreation or a Wooden Coaster. Now that we have discussed the Single-Zone Force, lets move on to the Multi-Zone Force. Multi-Zone Force lets you work on multiple Forces at once. So lets build a simple hill with a -57 degree banking end. First, switch from the Single-Zone Force to the Multi-Zone Force, after you do that go to "Initial Values" under the Parameters Section. Change the Speed to 25 M/S, change the Normal (g) from 1g, to 3.3gz, and change the Y position to 10m. Then under the Parameters Section go to Global Values and change the heartline to 0.9 (to know what "heartline" your coaster needs, go to the conversion panel, looks like this,

N2_Conversion_Panel-1.jpg
N2_Conversion_Panel-1.jpg (11.57 KiB) Viewed 6844 times

Then you can see the heartline references at the bottom(you can also convert m/s to kmph or mph, and same with kmph and mph) and M to Feet. You can ignore the friction for now. once you've set the Parameters we can begin. Start by decreasing the Normal gz by -3.8, and Increasing the Time by 1.9 Seconds. You can then add a second time zone by clicking the + buttoned circled in grey. This Zone will be a "constant" Zone of -0.5(for airtime). Make this Zone 0.81 seconds. Then add a third Time Zone that will be 1.8 seconds. Increase the Normal gz of this section by 3.8. Now for the -57 degree Roll, so unlock the Roll Time Zone and make the existing Time Zone 3.11 seconds long. Then add a new Roll Time Zone and lock it. And then change the Roll by -57 degree's. Then make one more Normal Force Zone and change the Time to 0.5. If you've done this correctly the hill should look something like this,

N2_Force_Zones-1.jpg
Attachments
N2_Hill_1.jpg
Last edited by Tetsu on February 9th, 2011, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post February 9th, 2011, 9:07 pm
slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
link doesn't work.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Post February 9th, 2011, 9:08 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Article approved, lets wait for feedback now.
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post February 9th, 2011, 9:10 pm

Points on hand: 5,657.00 Points
Oh god, now more n00bs will make 2 second newton rides and clog the exchange.
[19:34:14] RideWarriorNation: jim
[19:34:27] RideWarriorNation: can you pls change sig
[19:35:22] Jcoasters: ok
[19:35:39] RideWarriorNation: ty

Post February 9th, 2011, 9:17 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

lets hope they use this article wisely. and not over do the hills, and the next article will show what the transitions do and cover straight and curved geometry. then the last article covers a whole coaster.

Post May 5th, 2011, 1:39 pm

Points on hand: 903.00 Points
Oh god, now more n00bs will make 2 second newton rides and clog the exchange.

I'm a returning user of No Limits. Before now all of my rides were hand-built, and some were AHG'd. Now, I've noticed that lots of people are using Newton, which didn't exist (or at least I didn't know about it) when I took a break from No Limits a long time ago.
So, I've got the program now, and am slowly learning to use it correctly.

Anyway, don't worry. I won't try to be a 'n00b'. I won't upload any of my Newton rides until I basically understand the program and have created a ride that I believe is decent and well-made. Meaning I'm not going to upload every ride I make just because I made one.

...though I'm not so sure about everyone else.

Post May 5th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I've got like 70 rides I've made in Newton just to see what I get out of it, and I've only uploaded one of them and the second in the near future. Even though I still make a ton of pumps, and I still suck at inversion, I honestly like hand building a little better. Newton is fun to use though when you're bored on a computer that has nothing but NL, RCT, and Age of empires.
What are these for?

Post May 5th, 2011, 6:40 pm
Beta Tester
Beta Tester

Post October 11th, 2014, 10:19 am

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
I realize this was last posted in 3 years ago but it is a sticky so... is this link ever going to be fixed? (AKA, it's broken now.)

Post October 11th, 2014, 10:50 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,527.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

zacattack1104 wrote:
I realize this was last posted in 3 years ago but it is a sticky so... is this link ever going to be fixed? (AKA, it's broken now.)

I updated the original post in this thread to include the article with pictures. :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post October 15th, 2014, 8:51 pm

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points

Return to No Limits Coaster