Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions LuckyK's General coaster coaster thread of pics and stuff

LuckyK's General coaster coaster thread of pics and stuff

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
I have a ton of pics I have no idea where to add as well as request pics from when I go on trips so I thought maybe I could just make a general thread and have them here.

First up is for Helo9797

I was finally able to remember/get some pics of the new track on Mean Streak. Two weeks before the park closes for good haha. Sorry it took several months!

Also Managed to find a better angle to get some pics of TTD's supports going up to the tower. They are literally just single supports.

Love the doors on the tower XD They seem as useful as gates with no fence to me. I don't get why they needed sliding doors for low catwalks...

Don't think I've seen many pics from this angle so... yeah, here ya go

LOL

[No Limits 2 suspended coaster rant]

Suspended coasters don't have the ability to lock like in NL2. They are always free swinging. On the bottoms of the cars there is a wheel that juts straight down...

When the trains go into the station they is a "Y" arc that catches that wheel and stops the cars from moving.

That rail is embedded in the station, goes around the turn to the lift and is embedded in the lift platform. There's nothing trackside that stops them from swinging like in NL2. They completely made that up. As you can see it's only like three feet wide so in order to catch that they have to already be still and stationary. To do inversions like on some tracks that have them you'd need that rail all the way around. You can't just click "lock" and call it realistic. [/ No Limits 2 Suspended Coaster rant]

paradox

Sorry I couldn't get good pics of the Lift supports. You can only really get those as a regular park guest at the beginning of the season before the trees grow leaves now, tried to grab some from the train but they bark when you stick your arms out and it's so close and tall you get mostly train roof shots.

BUT I did get some cool pics of the lift cables. It basically looks like a less beefy version of TTD's system and works the same way. And is left out of almost every recreation I've seen lol. Especially since it's out in the open and bright yellow

I even snagged a pic of the the little guide wheel near the apex of the the hill

As you can see for almost like 1000ft. The steel cord is just free floating in the air unprotected and out there. No wonder it snaps all the time

Also snagged one of the drum itself connected to the motor house.

This part is directly below where the cable stops at the top. You can see the cord going straight up to where it arcs over the track

I did manage to get a halfway decent pic of the turn though. This is the only spot I've seen with a good clearing. I rode the whole train circuit twice to get this one good shot for you... FEEL SPECIAL NOW!!!!

also... if a phone can do this to a cast iron cap, imagine what it can do to a face. I saw a lot of people with phones on rides and several times I saw rides stopped because of it. Dammit GP! Stop it before we have horrible locker rules like Rip Ride Rockit everywhere :evil: :evil: :evil:

and on that note, slightly illegal secret Graveyard shot!

Saw the Wildcat cars from the Mean Streak. And noticed they weren't too far from the line to a haunted house in an old shed in the middle of the coaster. They do have a huge wall so you can't see over it, but I was able to jump and take blind shots until I snagged a decent one. Everyone in line was looking at me like a special needs case lol

Wonder what that is for...

Busch Gardens Tampa has free roaming Peacocks. Cedar Point has free roaming chickens... Ohio FTW! \o/

FYI....

@Scorpion BGT

If your schwarzkopf lift doesn't start at the brakerun and go through the station it's not realistic. The whole station is the lift hill. Which is kinda crazy when you think about it... The train can never be reversed for any reason. So if you somehow get hit, they can't pull the train back off of you bc of the ratchetdogs

I never go to a park with less than two other states worth of merch on haha. Makes other coaster fans jelly ;) PA and OH o/
Image[/url]

I really hope they keep this lit. Too bad the flame didn't photograph well.

Banshee is an awesome ride. But it still doesn't have the snap that old B&M's have. They really lost their punch lately

mmmm that's what I'm talking about lol. Airtime is cool, but I like raw force and pressure. And for that, Kumba still gives the best hugs <3

so yeah... ran out of stuff to say right now

Updated with more pics

Random Maverick shots

Love how the Stengal dive on Maverick starts heartlined and then ends... not... heartlined? what is that called?

also, I didn't want to spam with the original sizes but the pics are quite large. This is the real size... Posting as a trial

LuckyK wrote:
Mantanisha doesn't have an area lol. it's literally a dead end in the woods.

Can't think of any coasters that have terrible transitions there. At least not bad enough you can tell from pics that they are messed up. Cedar Creek Mine Ride maybe counts, but those aren't transition errors, it's like tilted trick track

Gatekeeper everything
Maxair (that one is easy)
TTD everything
Maverick station and trains

mission achieved (except for Maverick *slides that under the rug when nobody is looking >_>)

It was extremely overcast when we got to the park at 5:30 so there wasn't that much light to grab pics like I was hoping to. even still I took over 100 pics, uploading far less haha. Here goes:

Maxair:

Pretty much the entrance to Gatekeeper's Plaza. Personally I like this one over Delirium because the area is much more open and really gives a much greater sense of how high it actually goes.

Gatekeeper

Still didn't get good pics of the trains due to them really getting people through the line this time, lucked out and going AGAIN next Sunday for the last day \o/

Got some really good pics of the station and area though!

TTD:

Died like a million times last night @___@ It was in a very uhmmm... Not going to run for crap mood lol. Made for some really interesting pics for a better photographer than I. I did what I could though. Shout out to TTD03!

Someone had asked for tower base supports. I raised them tower base PLUS elevator shaft!

never noticed how they butchered that tree before...

TTD03! Since it was in "I hate running and you can't make me!" mode I was able to get some rare close up shots of the launch run, and the guy working on it XD Man he was pissed

Earlier I posted pics of MF's cable spool. TTD is basically the same thing with a lot stronger and faster wind up time. here is the feed in and out of the... Powerhouse?

Shots of The Corkscrew bc I love that ride <3

Love how it screws over the midway (in a good way)

Not as bad as other much younger Arrow loopers, but yeah, bad transition

Iron Dragon again

More pics of the "lock" rail and how it goes all the way around as well as pics of how the cars are attached to the Bogie

While we are on Arrow...

And also...

Last edited by LuckyK on October 25th, 2014, 4:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
Great shots full of details I could have never imagine!!
Thanks for sharing!

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Nice, never knew about the schwarzkopf station / lift setup!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I do feel special :lol: thanks for the pics. I have always loved the first turn supports as they are just so aesthetically pleasing not like the supports on newer Intamins. Also, I have heard that Maverick's restraints are very painful and almost ruin the ride. Is that true?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
They can be painful if you ride wrong but if you position your head to hit them comfortably you barely even notice them.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

I never notice them except how big and cagey they are. I'm a bigger guy and even still the bars don't touch me, I don't see how they would say that. Granted, I tend to puff my chest and stomach out on rides for looser fits (but not Texas Giant loose) bc I like that free feeling but even when I don't and ops make them tight it's not bad. I guess if you mash them into you they would be uncomfortable just like any other coaster. But especially on Maverick bc it's so flipping forceful. The lats and G's on Maverick really are super extreme.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

probably going to keep updating the pics I post in this thread. If anyone wants to pick through pics I haven't posted pm me

Return to General Theme Park Discussions