Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 A couple of questions

A couple of questions

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post January 23rd, 2014, 12:18 am

Points on hand: 101.00 Points
When using Bing Maps how do you adjust settings on the simulator to match the size of the map image?? I'm not sure if that makes sense or not but hopefully someone will understand what Im asking. Just trying a recreation and want it accurate so Im using a Bing map image and just need to know how to get everything to scale. Also and I know this is a stupid question, on steel coasters where do I find the cat walks and handrails?? It used to be in the section settings but unless I looked right over it I cant find them. Thanks in advance!

Post January 23rd, 2014, 1:41 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
I don't like Bing maps, use Google maps...
But seriously, careful with map images, sometimes things look a certain way on the map, but don't look the same way on the ground.

Post January 23rd, 2014, 9:33 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Originally posted by TTD03

I don't like Bing maps, use Google maps...

It doesn't matter.

Post January 24th, 2014, 2:28 am

Points on hand: 2,891.00 Points
Originally posted by vendettarox

When using Bing Maps how do you adjust settings on the simulator to match the size of the map image?? I'm not sure if that makes sense or not but hopefully someone will understand what Im asking. Just trying a recreation and want it accurate so Im using a Bing map image and just need to know how to get everything to scale.

Both Bing and Google have a scale shown in the lower left or right corner of the map. What you need to do is grab a screen shot of that scale along with any other portion of the map at the *same* scale. Take these into Photoshop or Gimp. NoLimit's Overlay feature requires a meter/pixel value. So simply measure the pixel width of the scale then divide the number of meters shown on the scale by the number of pixels it spans. In other words if the scale is 10 meters and the scale ruler is 96 pixels across then the value you want to plug into the Overlay parameter is 10/96 = 0.1041666666666667. Hope that helps.

Also and I know this is a stupid question, on steel coasters where do I find the cat walks and handrails?? It used to be in the section settings but unless I looked right over it I cant find them. Thanks in advance!

Those are on the Segment Style Properties dialog. For regular track sections, simply double click. For stations, brakes or other sections Alt+Double Click.

Post October 23rd, 2014, 8:27 am

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Post October 23rd, 2014, 11:07 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
You don't need too, there is a bookmark button at the bottom of the page that you use instead of just posting!

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2