Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Monolith - Kings Adventure

[NL2] Monolith - Kings Adventure

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post October 30th, 2014, 2:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
(My attempt at "storyline"-ing the construction of my new coaster)

While it may not be the greatest or even the most well known park, I've been coming here for as long as I can remember, It's practically become my second home now to the point where I'm going almost every other weekend off.

Sorry about the poor quality on some of the pictures, I only really had my phone with me and I was taking them from the car.

As we start nearing the park, Windseeker can be seen above the treeline

The Southern car park seemed to be closed, which is odd, since it's both the largest of the 3 and also the one the park tries to fill up first

Though, I'm not complaining, it means there are no cars obstructing the skyline of the pa....hang on...

...How didn't I see that before?

...to be continued.
Last edited by Projektion on November 10th, 2014, 7:52 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Looks interesting, I like the teasing as well! Can't wait to see what this is about, looks like a twisty coaster!

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Damn I thought this was real at first and got really hyped :lol:. Looks really great though and you even got the parking status sign. How did you do that? I mean it looks like it could be the real thing (I've never been to KI)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Coaster Hero wrote:
Damn I thought this was real at first and got really hyped :lol:. Looks really great though and you even got the parking status sign. How did you do that? I mean it looks like it could be the real thing (I've never been to KI)

I thought it was real too lol

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 907.00 Points

I tried to do it with one of my rides but it's not as good as everyone else's :lol:

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
what makes this interesting to me is that you've not only made a park, but you decided to develop the area outside of the park. That a lone will put this project on top but I'm also excited to see what the main coaster is we're supposed to focus on
What are these for?

Coaster Hero wrote:

i don't think the real park even has those signs, but I just wanted to add a bit more realism and make it so people that are arriving at the park could see the parking situation before they even come to the first car park.

CKidd wrote:
what makes this interesting to me is that you've not only made a park, but you decided to develop the area outside of the park. That a lone will put this project on top but I'm also excited to see what the main coaster is we're supposed to focus on

The park is mostly just there as a background, when I get around to releasing the ride, I probably just going to release the area around the ride and maybe the things outside the park (roads, tollbooth, parking, etc).

----------------------------------------

One week later...

We decided to back to the park again this weekend, mostly just to see if my eyes were just deceiving me last week.
As the rest of the family went on to the park, I got them to drop me off at the Southern car park so that I could get up close and personal with the track.

There's a good bit more stuff here this week, and it looks like construction has already started on the site.

Very strange blocky supports and some really twisty track. I'm not even sure how that thing is still standing.

These massive things were in the corner of the car park, I don't have a clue what they are, but these pics do not do justice on just how massive they really are.

Construction has started on site, as it looks like they have started to pour the footers. It also looks like that big one is digging out a pretty big hole or something.

I decide to head on into the park and have a bit of fun means I'm here. I quickly snapped this picture while I was on Windseeker where you can see a good overview of the construction site at the moment.
I don't know what it's going to be, but judging by the footers and the lot they've cleared out, this thing is going to be big.

At the rate they are going with the construction, I imagine they could have all the footers done and maybe have gone vertical by next week.

...to be continued.

Im calling Intamin Giga right now! Watch me be right :P
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I would agree, but its got a skyrush figure 8 going on it looks like. Whether its above or below 300 feet is irrelevant though
What are these for?

Sorry about the lack of picture this week, I genuinely completely forgot about the coaster, it wasn't till I was on Windseeker and looked over towards the construction site that I remembered it. I quickly snapped one off Windseeker and then another one as we were passing the Southern car park as we were heading home

Looks like the footers are done, and they are starting to put up the supports. The trench looks to be filled it too.

A closer shot of the supports as we were passing the car park, looks to be an overbank or something.

...to be continued.

Looks like a pretty wild overbank if the track will connect to the black part of the supports!

Definitely an IntaRide style ride now. I can see the Skyrush and I305 style square supports
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Can't wait to see a pov.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

With the season just coming to an end for Kings Adventure, they announced the new coaster on their website.

Kings Adventure to Introduce $27 Million Steel Giga-Coaster
Monolith will be the Most intense experience in the US

The most exciting ride in Kings Adventure??????s 25-year history will debut in the coming months, as the amusement park introduces a steel Giga coaster measuring at over 6630 feet in length.

Monolith, the fourth Giga-coaster ever built in North America, will be the most intense roller coaster of its type in the US. The lift hill will stand a towering 302 feet at its
highest point; descend a drop at 86?????? and thunder along the track at speeds in excess of 92 miles per hour. The trains will roar through eleven airtime hills, 3 high speed turns and a 145?????? overbank which will have guests screaming for more.

??????Monolith will break records as the single largest capital investment in the history Kings Adventure,?????? said Mick Ryan, Kings Adventure??????s vice president and general manager. ??????The numbers speak for themselves, at a cost of $27 million, a lift hill and first drop close to the height of the park's tallest structure, Windseeker; you??????ll have to see it to believe it.?????? Monolith will be located in a brand new section of the park where the ride will be the centerpiece.

Guests will have the opportunity to see the ride being built from the ground up during the remainder of the park??????s season. Residents of the surrounding area will also be able to watch as Monolith grows ever higher over the treeline and the surrounding area, for ever changing the skyline at Kings Adventure.

Intamin AG of Wollerau, Switzerland, a recognized industry leader in roller coaster development, designed Monolith. The ride is scheduled to open next season.

Ride Stats
- Track Length: 6,638 feet
- Maximum Height: 302 feet
- Lift Hill Angle: 45 degrees
- Length of First Drop: 300 feet
- Angle of First Drop: 86 degrees
- Airtime Hills: 11
- High Speed Turns: 3
- Overbanks: 1 (145??????)

- Fastest Speed: Excess of 92 MPH
- Hourly Capacity:: 1,350 riders
- Number of Trains: Two
- Vehicles: Four passenger open design trains with over-the-shoulder harnesses

- Investment: $27 million

About the Designer
Intamin AG is a designing and manufacturing company in Wollerau, Switzerland. It is best known for creating thrill rides and roller coasters worldwide. The U.S. division of the company is located in Glen Burnie, Maryland, and is headed by Gary Palmer, MD and Arnold Bernsteiner.

Intamin is a major player in the amusement park attractions industry, supplying some 22 different styles of rides to a variety of parks.

Intamin is well known for being innovative and creative with their rides. They were some of the first to create a magnetic propulsion system (Linear induction motors/Linear Synchronous Motors) and remain one of only a handful of manufacturers continuing to use such technology on roller coasters. Intamin also created the first hydraulic launch system.

Intamin is known for their massive "Giga" (over 300 ft/91 m) coasters. Their designs currently occupy the top 2 spots of the Golden Ticket Awards.

Sadly they didn't provide any promotional shots of the ride, but they did provide some up close shots of the construction, showing that the supports are practically finished and that the track is starting to be put into place:

An aerial view of the current state of Monolith

The track as it dives into the tench, then up into the overbank

The end of the track leading into the brake run
Last edited by Projektion on November 2nd, 2014, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
That is a really professional press release! Any reason you didn't go with Double Spine track?

I don't think it's in NL2 yet is it? I tried using the 3ds export in FVD to get the track but it doesn't line up with the in game track for some reason.

Points on hand: 1,343.00 Points
Bank: 826.00 Points
It doesn't line up right. It is proportional but it's a pain to get the scale right. If you are savvy with the Object Creator and Construction Kit, that's another way you can do it.

If I didn't know any better, I'd say that's a real press release. Excellent work! Can't wait to see what it looks like :D

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
You said Intimidator 305 in the second paragraph.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Damn, the fact I used the I305 press release with some modifications has been revealed

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area