Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 FVD++ g-force control

FVD++ g-force control

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post October 31st, 2014, 4:33 am

Points on hand: 2,253.00 Points
So I'm working with FVD++ and I am having some problems controling the g-forces. Problem is while the center car has acceptable g's the front and back seat is experiencing some intense forces at places (-1,5 vertical g's at one point).

How do I know what the g's are gonna be front/back seat in the simulator while still being in FVD++? Can I set the g-force calculator to another position on the train? Is there any trick or tips you can give to make it easier? Maybe like having some limits to what g's to use for example. '-0,5' - '3,5' to make sure the extreme points of the train won't kill you? I'm guessing the pitch of the track will affect the g's as well; sections with high pitch during short intervals will get stronger back/front seat g's?

Help is appreciated! :)

Post October 31st, 2014, 4:41 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I don't believe there is a way to change the position on the train. I've scrapped many coasters for this exact reason, except in newton. I say stay around (for airtime, im not sure about positives) -0.6 to -0.9
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post October 31st, 2014, 5:05 am

What sucks most about it I can't really go in and change anything without having to redo everything that comes after the sections that need to be reworked. About the forces, in FVD++ the most extreme verticals are +3,9 and -0,7. Yet in the simulator both + and - (the negatives in particular) are way stronger.

I guess I could make one car trains :lol:

no but seriously, it seems a little stupid to have to completely redo the coaster because a few sections f'd up. There must be a less painful way.

Post October 31st, 2014, 5:22 am

Points on hand: 4,689.00 Points
Bank: 1,372.00 Points
The default friction is higher in FVD than the default friction in NL2, so any speeds/G-forces fvd has is going to be slightly skewed.

Like I tried making a B&M hyper in FVD, all the airtime hills were set to be 0g's, but in the sim, by the time the train go to the third airtime hill, it was getting ejector (around -0.5g's in the middle seats, -1.1g's in the end seats).

The solutions I've found for this is to either put the friction value lower in FVD (I can't remember off the top of my head, but I think it's either 0.3 or 0.03 by default in FVD. I've found 0.27 or 0.027 to be the closest to the default NL2 friction) or (if you have NL2 Professional) set the custom friction to the same value that's in FVD.

Post October 31st, 2014, 8:09 am

You know what, that must be the problem, because I just looked at the speed on the mcbr section. In FVD++ it's 42 km/h and in NL2 it's 50,9 km/h.

I don't understand the friction parameters because it's the exact same value in FVD as it is in NL2, so how can the speed possibly be different?

I tried changing the parameter to 0,027 and it did help a bit, but it still feels a bit off. And it's still going too fast through the mcbr.

Post October 31st, 2014, 10:02 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
1. Always always underestimate in force vector design because the extreme seats will have significantly higher G's
2. If it's going too fast through the MCBR, then trim it! That's part of its functionality. :P

Post October 31st, 2014, 3:15 pm

I have been actually been underestimating the forces in FVD and it seems they get a looooot bigger once in NL2. But as I said before I'd guess it's because FVD doesn't take into account the speed difference for the back and front car. The front car will always enter the airtime hill at a higher speed, so if the pitch on the hill is high the laterals will be much bigger for the front car than the rest. Same goes for the end of the airtime hill and the back car. I guess I'm gonna need to make a few trial coasters before I can be truly proud to present.

I was just using the mcbr as an example to show the difference in g-forces on the same exact spot between FVD and NL2. Anyways, I'll try to trim the mcbr a lil bit, unfortunately one of the big problems is a very potent corkscrew that I wish to make less intense, but there's no good way to make it better. It's reminiscent of the maverick horseshoe corks but a lot crazier with +3,6 vertical. Everything else about it is in check, but it looks increadibly odd tbf.

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2