Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports SFOT and SFFT Photo Trip Report (Pictures Posted)

SFOT and SFFT Photo Trip Report (Pictures Posted)

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I'm traveling to Texas next weekend with tiepilot35 (December 12 - 14). We're visiting Six Flags Over Texas and Six Flags Fiesta Texas. It's going to be swell because we're both in some bulls**t Midwestern weather right now and experiencing hard off-season blues :cry: :cry: :cry:

I could not be more excited for this heavily stocked selection of roller coasters. What I'm hoping for is some advice from people who know a lot about these parks. We're going to SFOT Friday (12/12) and Saturday (12/13). We're going to SFFT Sunday (12/14). Batman the Ride is backwards at SFOT right now evidently, but we've both already ridden Namtab at SFGAm. A few firsts for me like, first Premier spaghetti bowl and Premier inverted tophat shuttle. First RMC coaster period, let alone Iron Horse makeovers =D Woooooooh RMC's. Also, I've never been on a bobsled before.

Does anybody have any crowd mentality tips? Should we expect large crowds? Six Flags doesn't have a published maintenance schedule anywhere does it? Any kind of suggestion is welcome.

(I wet my pants daily thinking about Iron Rattler and New Texas Giant, so much pants-wetting) :cry: :cry:

Also I'll follow up with pictures to the best of my ability.
Last edited by GerstlCrazy on December 17th, 2014, 10:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
Figuring Titan, and Batman are the same coasters at SFMM, my advice is to sit 60-75% back on the trains.
After multiple trips, and rides, I have found the forces to be the strongest on this part of the train.
Best airtime on Titan (goliath SFMM) Front of the train has the most airtime, but the back has the strongest, and those are completely different things....
The front and back of Batman's trains are weak, middle back is the strongest (also on the outside seat) I suggest row 6 or 7.

Wish i can make it out there one day.... :lol:

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
You're thinking of Goliath at SFFT and Batman at SFMM, Titan is like SFMM Giovanola Goliath

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
^Everything Helo said referring to ride names is correct and makes sense; I don't understand your post.

Also, Texas.

Yeah LuckyK your post is bunk.

Helo9797 wrote:
The front and back of Batman's trains are weak, middle back is the strongest (also on the outside seat) I suggest row 6 or 7.

We have both been on Batman, and this sentence is bunk. The middle rows of the trains may hold a more consistent force throughout elements, but physically, the front and back are the strongest.

We don't need advice on where to sit on specific rides I mean come on you guys lol. We're mainly looking for crowd patterns, if anyone knows enough about that? Has anyone caught wind of any spotlight rides being broken down recently or anything? If a certain Mikey could visit this thread I'm sure he would have a mouthful about SFFT :lol:

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Take pics of sexy RMC track pls.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 2,153.00 Points
well

both batman and mr freeze are closed after fright fest at six flags over texas,
i need to go ride texas giant again XD

Points on hand: 680.00 Points
Bank: 1,513.00 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Any kind of suggestion is welcome.

I guess not....

and middle is the best......

Wow. I can't even believe both parks have a few coasters closed after the main season. We really should have taken that into consideration when we planned this out. We midwesterners are used to the parks being open for a relatively short season and having all rides open during that time. I'm really upset I didn't look into it at all; it's like, I subconsciously assumed everything would be operational and it didn't even half cross my mind to even consider checking for seasonal ride closures. Just another few ticks on the list of reasons why I absolutely despise Six Flags. I suppose, overall, I'm not surprised.

:cry: Kinda sad for a few minutes, aaaand, over it because there's nothing we can do.
At least Iron Rattler, New Texas Giant and TitanDamnfuck will be open. That's really a main focus. I'm disappointed but it will still be an amazing trip.

Moving onward, and yay RMCs =D

Take pics of sexy RMC track pls.

Will certainly do.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Hope you'll be happy there! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

U maik me cri cuz I can't go nao. I want 2 ride RMC hybrid.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Park opens in less than 2 hours... SkyScreamer and Titan and New Texas Giant are all sooooo big ughhhh. We're antsy to go on roller coasters. Should be uploading pictures tonight.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Paradox User avatar

GerstlCrazy wrote:
sooooo big ughhhh.

That's what she said :lol:

Have fun! Remember that you will leave broke!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

We have season passes and don't plan on making many purchases in park.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
LuckyK wrote:
You're thinking of Goliath at SFFT and Batman at SFMM, Titan is like SFMM Giovanola Goliath

Yup Helo was correct.

Sorry it took so long to post. I just kept putting it off lol. But here are my reviews of the rides we hit, and some photos! SFOT was dead on Friday night and SFFT was *dead* on Sunday!! We never waited more than 6 trains at SFFT, and that was for Iron Rattler, once. The rest of IR's waits were like one or two trains. A lot of walk-ons had on this trip and we had a blast!

I'll just post them in the order that I think I remember that we rode them...

Six Flags Over Texas

1) New Texas Giant- We did not waste any time. We just hauled ass right to this because we were excited for it. We waited one train for the back row. It was pretty fun. It got a lot faster during the night and by the end of the night on our last ride, it was absolutely flying through the layout. So many moments of airtime and quite a few sporadic lats too. It was a great ride. We rode it about 5 times. The only thing I want to add is that it was not as good as everybody is hyping about. Like really? This is the #2 steel coaster in the world? Not a chance.

2) Titan- I cannot express how underestimated this ride is. It is freaking insane. So fast, so powerful, such a cool layout. The drop is incredible in the back with a very noticeable radius tear that I don??????t think a lot of people know about. It creates a lot of airtime. The ride literally feels out of control towards the end of the night. The hammerhead is filled with lats and the camelback is indescribable. So long and so fun. The first helix was bending my neck and the second helix made me suffocate during the last ride of the night... I like it like that. This was definitely one of the top rides of the trip. We rode it 6 times.

3) La Vibora- A first bobsled ride for me. It was a lot of fun actually. Way more fun than I thought it would be. It??????s a really awesome sensation.

4) Judge Roy Scream- We both enjoy classic wooden layouts as much as the next guy, but this one did not have any good moments of air at all. Very disappointing.

5) Runaway Mountain- Impressive actually. It has a strong, concise layout, and it was a lot smoother than I would expect from a layout like that.

6) Shockwave- Queer shaping and ridiculously powerful Schwarzkopf loops. A lot of fun and always worth the ride.

7) Runaway Mine Train- The finale on this one through that odd final scene into the underwater tunnel in the back row was actually pretty fun. Just a typical mildly fast three-lifted Arrow mine though.

8) Mini Mine Train- Not sure exactly why we decided to ride this but it was hilarious and kind of entertaining.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

1) Iron Rattler- There are literally no words for this roller coaster if you have not ridden it. The fact that NTG is doing so much better than IR in polls is just so completely incorrect I cannot even hope to explain it, other than with the fact that NTG has 2 full seasons on IR and more people have ridden NTG. NTG is great. IR is absolutely remarkable. The back row with the curving drop has insane laterals and airtime, and it's so crazy! The amount of airtime on the ride in general is retarded. Way more powerful than NTG. But the most notable, impeccable feature was that fantastic roll. Perfect zero-g feeling with a very constant rotation, and it flies into a small pop of airtime at the end of it. The roll is unparalleled and I miss it painfully as I type this. The overbanks were insane and the smaller overbanks were fun and lateral filled. The final drop over the cliff was insanely strong and long lasting in both front and back rows. The turn into the brakes has incredibly powerful laterals and airtime at the same time. It??????s extremely underrated and its current reputation in comparison to NTG's is vomit-worthy. Iron Rattler is the boss. We rode it 8 times in one 5 hour operating day haha.

2) Poltergeist- I was glad this ended up being open because we were told it would not be. Awesome forces and a lot of disorientation, in a good way! I was happy it did not make me dizzy at all! It??????s so much fun, especially after chugging a beer. This ride has an insane banking transition towards the end. All of the moments are very strong and fast and it??????s just a spectacular experience! We rode it 4 times.

3) Boomerang- I absolutely hate this ride. It??????s useless and I hate it. Okay?

4) Goliath- I love this layout. I know it??????s a clone but it??????s so much fun. We rode it 3 times in about 20 minutes.

Picture Portion

Titan against the parking lot.

La Vibora looks cool with the tri-coloring.

NTG's sexy shaping.

NTG is so SEXY during the sunset.

All stations remained this way for SFOT on Friday and SFFT on Sunday haha.

Titan is amazing.

Again, Titan is amazing.

Titan's station... be jealous.

SkyScreamer at night... I was pretty much petrified the entire time.

A picture of the park from Judge Roy Scream's station. It's such a beautiful park.

Day #2 at SFOT. We were so excited for Titan. Most lines were a little longer on Saturday so we did not ride as much later in the evening.

Hammerhead sexiness.

More Titan... obsessed with Titan.

And more Titan...

Goes from 100 to 0 real quick.

Insane Schwarkzopf RIDICULOUS Double Loop Green Track Coaster!

Wow!

So high up.

I did not get very many pictures from SFFT because my phone died, but Keegan has some that he'll probably upload. Especially of Iron Rattler's ridiculous station traffic :lol:

We were sad to see SKC was closed but we were expecting it. What we weren't expecting was that Road Runner would be closed instead of Poltergeist! Amazing news.

Coaster count is now 68 (going to Orlando in 3 weeks... gonna push it up even more, but I'm moving up slowly at least :lol:)

Here is what my coaster ranking stands after this trip! This trip caused for a lot of revisions. I stand by this list.

1) Iron Rattler
2) SheiKra
3) Kraken
4) Titan
5) Raging Bull
6) Poltergeist
7) Dragon Challenge: Chinese Fireball
8) Manta
9) New Texas Giant
10) Montu
Last edited by GerstlCrazy on December 17th, 2014, 11:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post December 17th, 2014, 10:35 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Nice report. Glad that you liked the rides. If you knew why SKC was closed, I don't think that it usually is, but it was getting a well deserved and much needed new coat of paint. It is one of the best floorless coasters out there, and the way that it interacts with the canyon wall is amazing, and somewhat terrifying and unexpected.

And here are my photographs. Yes some of them are terrible, and some of them are really pristine. Whatever iPhone.

Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports