Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Survey about a new virtual queueing system company I founded

Survey about a new virtual queueing system company I founded

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Hey everyone, I know it??????s been a long time since I??????ve come around this forum (college will do that to you!) but I was pretty active on the site back in the day and I??????ve got a favor to ask of you. My dad and I have recently co-founded a company and built an app called Accelowait. In a nutshell, Accelowait reduces the amount of time that guests spend waiting in line at amusement parks by allowing them to direct electronic ??????buddies?????? to wait in virtual lines instead. We want to know how much normal people are willing to pay for this capability so that we have some data when we pitch to potential clients. The survey asks how much you??????d be willing to pay for a ??????premium?????? version of such a service, though the ??????base?????? concept is intended to be included with every admission to the park. It??????s really quick (3 multiple-choice questions) and will really help us as we move forward with our business. Thanks!

Survey link: http://accelowait.com (click on ??????Survey??????)

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Done! Looks like an interesting idea. I wish you luck!

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Honestly, its a great idea, however, Disney's fastpass is a very similar concept, except that you have only 1 hour to claim your spot (theoretically)
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

Just took it, and I must say I like the idea. I spend way too much time in lines :D
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 3,978.00 Points
Took the survey. Another nice feature, if not already in the system would be accurate. real-time wait times for the other attractions. A phase three thought might be attraction appointments set for the whole day w/ windows of opportunity to join the 'express' lane for each ride.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,058.00 Points
artistyle wrote:
A phase three thought might be attraction appointments set for the whole day w/ windows of opportunity to join the 'express' lane for each ride.

Used to do that at Alton Towers then it got ditched in favour of fast pass systems as they would appear to make more money.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

artistyle wrote:
Took the survey. Another nice feature, if not already in the system would be accurate. real-time wait times for the other attractions. A phase three thought might be attraction appointments set for the whole day w/ windows of opportunity to join the 'express' lane for each ride.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. Kind of like disney's fastpass plus, but, with more flexibility. I like the idea of the real time wait. A smartphone app similar to Mousewait. Honestly. I would comtact other companies that created the smartphone apps like mousewait and ask for input there. As far as your general concept for the queue system, it seems way too similar to disney's fastpass to get a patent or endorsement. Just be careful you dont end up in a copyright or patent dispute.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Is the idea behind this that another person will get paid to wait in line, or the person is a virtual person in a virtual queue?

Points on hand: 1,601.00 Points
Thanks for all of the kind words, folks!

A few things I'd like to reply to:

Disney's fastpass is a very similar concept

Not at all, actually. Disney's Fastpass has no concept of "virtual queues"; everyone with a Fastpass is simply in a set of people who can show up and ride at any time in their window.

A phase three thought might be attraction appointments set for the whole day w/ windows of opportunity to join the 'express' lane for each ride.

Unfortunately, there are a host of reasons why this would be impossible in the Accelowait system. Since these reasons are both boring and proprietary, I'll stop there! ;)

Is the idea behind this that another person will get paid to wait in line, or the person is a virtual person in a virtual queue?

Everything is virtual, and it's entirely independent (at least in implementation) of the physical "stand-by" queue at each attraction.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Great to see you're kinda back boneplaya!

Filled out the survey for you.
The idea is very good because instead of park guests being stuck in a queueline, they can actually spend more money and time in the actual themepark. More money spend is good for the themepark and more time usefully spend by the guests makes them feel a lot better about the park and their visit. Win-win situation.

Although, I'm wondering. Is this system eventually going to replace the regular queueline at certain rides. Or is it going to be another fast pass type of system? If it's actually going to replace the regular queueline. I'm seeing some issues that might happen with this system. If you can claim a ride anytime after you've waited in the virtual queue. Wouldn't you get the issue that you'd get entire groups of people walking in and claiming their ride at the same time? Thus creating a long stand-by queue next to the virtual queue.
For example, 500 people slowly enter the virtual queue around 3 and the virtual wait at that point is an hour. So somewhere after 4 slowly everyone receives their notification that they have queued and can enter the queue. First one from that group claims it sometime around 4:30 and the last one from the group receives it at 4:30 and claims it immediately on the spot. If everyone in between, would somehow end up all at the same time claiming their ticket. You end up with 500 people at the same time at the ride entrance. Everyone has the right to ride it because the system tells they have queued. But because of 500 people at the same time you're creating a stand-by queue that is possibly another half hour long. (If the ride handles 1000 pph)

The only way to avoid such problem seems to me, is forcing people to ride claim their ride between a certain time, so it keeps the actual stand-by line around 5 minutes maximum or so. Just to keep the ride fully populated with riding guests.

If the system is like a fast pass, to be used next to a normal stand-by queue. Than it sounds quite a lot like the Q-bots currently in use at many Six Flags parks. The only difference would be that this is available to every regular guest. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ Thanks Dirk.
I wanted to say the same thing, but I didn't know how to say it is constructive criticism :P

Return to General Theme Park Discussions