Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 NoLimits Coaster 2 Tutorials and Templates Car Texture Requests - updated coaster styles 9-9-15

Car Texture Requests - updated coaster styles 9-9-15

A place for NoLimits Coaster 2 Tutorials, Seeds, Flat Rides, 3D Files and Designs.

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Personally I've been hoping for a recolorable stripe, but I'm not going to look a gift horse in the mouth. I would also be very happy if the stripe were simply white again, so it went with more/most color schemes. I have a similar issue with the aqua/salmon at the front of each of the B&M Sitdown looper cars.

Edit: Sorry, I didn't actually understand what you were asking in your last post. For me just the non-stripe version is fine.

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 355.00 Points
Bank: 4,476.00 Points
I can actually do both of those. How about just a plain white strip on corkscrew, and recoloring the twisted sit down to white so that anyone can edit it in a simple program. I will also remove the NL logo from both.

That would be great, thanks! I literally have basically not used the sit-down because of that. If it can be edited in paint or any other free program I'll be good haha. I actually have been meaning to put in a request with you for a specific thing at some point but I honestly got a little burnt out and am just getting back to seriously building. Really, though, thanks for doing all this!

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

both are already done, check the first post for the drop box. the solid white portions should be easily editable in paint

Thank you! Also, I never really changed the car textures in NL1 so I'm kind of guessing as I go along here and don't want to screw anything up. Could you (or anyone really) explain the difference between, say, the three different textures that came along with Thunderbird? Or actually, one is obviously for a Thunderbird recreation, I assume the "cartexture_01_colormap" etc. are for custom colored stuff and the basic Thunderbird pattern could be followed or played with, but what are the _normalmap images for?

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

the normal map is the bump mapping basically. it tells the simulator where certain details are raised or lowered. the specular mapp give an overall very subtle finish the whole thing automatically. The color map is what defines what is going to be colored by the choices you make in the editor, or by the regular car texture. in the color map file, whatever is black lets the cartexture file as is. white is colored by the editor, and grey is a mix.
the car texture itself it what you mostly change. put all of the texture files in a folder in your park file, and point the train to the car texture files that were modified. NL2 automatically applies the color map, normal and specular maps provided they are in the same folder and have the same name structure.

Ugh, I really, really, really don't want to be asking too much of you when you're already doing all these textures but if you or again someone else could ELIF just editing the textures in Paint or GIMP because as of right now I can't even select the proper shapes to recolor, I don't think...

I'm pretty sure once I have the textures in the colors I want I can manage to get them in-game based on the above post but I'm having a real time over here. I swear I'm not a tech-idiot but something about this is really going over my head.

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I made a quick "how to"for everyone. Download ALL textures for your selected coaster style from my dropbox, and put them in a folder within the same folder that holds the park files:

then, go to the coaster properties > trains > train 1 color setup tab, and point each of the car textures to the textures that are in the folder that you put the textures in. Only point to the files that are just plain old cartexture_01, cartexture_02 etc. Do this for all of your custom textures for each train.

then, when save and freeze your coaster, it will have the changes in textures stores. if you notice the textures are all grey, except for some parts. whatever is gray is overwritten by the colors you select for the coaster itself in the coaster properties > colors tab.

I have used my generic corkscrew template here to demonstrate how the red stripe was replaced with white. the cartexture names MUST remain constant. If you rename cartexture_01 to Corkscrew_01, the you must also rename the others to Corkscrew_01_coolormap, Corkscrew_01_normalmap, and Corkscrew_01_specularmap.

Let me know if you have any questions!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ Awesome, I'll turn this into a help topic at some point!

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Fantastic Tallon, greatly appreciated! I'll be sure to use this on my upcoming ride when it comes to it!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

There are several more templates available now.
Running total:

corkscrew
floorless
limlauched
mack_launch Sans NL logo only
rocket
suspended
twistedinverted
twistedsitdown
twistedwing

Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points
Hey tallon. You seem really good and it was suggested I come here. I'd really appreciate it if you could make a texture for Elucidator.

anyone-skilled-in-making-car-textures-t35053.html

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Sure thing. You said you have png with the logo? PM it to me, and I'll work on it.

Goku1910 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,514.00 Points
Bank: 2,212.00 Points

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dive Coaster is now available. Texture 3 is what you will want to edit.

Hyper coaster 2 seat is now available.
Last edited by TallonD83 on May 14th, 2015, 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Points on hand: 378.00 Points
Hello, I've been working on a recreation of Kings Island and was wondering, if you could possibly do a texture for Diamondback and The Racer. I hope its not too much to ask for. :oops:
Here is the first car:
(All three trains are different colors)
And the two for The Racer:

There are 3 trains on The Racer and Diamondback also.

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I will see what I can do. What color is the 3rd train on the Racer? and are there color differences between trains on Diamondback?

Points on hand: 378.00 Points
There are two trains on both sides of The Racer. So in total four trains for The Racer. On the one side, they're both blue, and the other side, they're both red. Diamondback has three trains.
One that's green:
One that's brown:
And one that's red:

Here is where I got those photos, there are many more if you need it for reference.
http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comm ... ionID=1277

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Racers are done. Diamondback is being a pain however...

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Look at the photos above, the numbering is on the opposite side for the red trains
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

well son of a ^&$#%*(&%^#($*&%$*W#&(^%)(*&^$#W)*%&

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
details are a B!tch, aren't they?
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

TallonD83 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I think even worse is that I was working on a Diamondback rec already...
I will leave the track work to better builders...

PreviousNext

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2 Tutorials and Templates