Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Park's backstage

Park's backstage

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 4th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 2,777.00 Points
Bank: 122.00 Points
Hey! I have been searching everywhere, but I can't find any information in how parks backstages are (only Google Maps aerial shots, but I don't know what each building serves for. Since I know that a lot of people here have worked at parks, could you please give me some insight on how things works? All kind of info is interesting (personal experience, articles...)

Post February 4th, 2015, 5:00 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
I remember seeing the Timberliners for The Voyage left behind this fence on a walkway stacked on palates just out in the open. I couldn't ever take pictures of them, because if they caught you with your phone. Your ass was grass.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post February 4th, 2015, 8:41 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I love Timberliners. They are so damn comfy and are much better than PTC's.

The problem with them is that they only work on coasters specifically built for those trains. Which is why Hades is only good on the new track parts.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post February 4th, 2015, 9:27 pm

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
When Pilgrim's Plunge was open, I had a specific farting area, that I frequented after lunch.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Post February 5th, 2015, 6:27 am

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
In Hershey. Between the stadium and the park is a set of buildings that serve as the park's offices, and the shops and warehouse where they work on the rides. when I went on a tour in 2012 they were housing SDL's original trains
What are these for?

Post February 5th, 2015, 9:05 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
At Great Adventure, the whole space between Batman and the 2nd hill of Nitro is the Admin offices, employee parking lot, training center, and maintenance shop.

Return to General Theme Park Discussions