Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Disneyland At The Center of a Measles Breakout

Disneyland At The Center of a Measles Breakout

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
RCT3rox wrote:
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
TTD03 wrote:
^ I bet someone infected touched something, which then someone touched it, and then it spread that way.

Do a little research before telling something like that.

Measles is spread through the air. So by just talking, sneezing and coughing, people can get a hold of the virus. The worst thing is you're actually contaminating people, before you even know your sick. You start spreading the virus roughly 4 days before any of the symptoms show up and since Disney is a dreadful pit of stubborn parents with a gazillion children, all crammed up into one place. Stuff like that gets even spread around faster than wildfire.

Continuing from this, for those who don't quite understand the vaccination thing - even those vaccinated can still get the virus. It's not 100% reliable, it's just a strong protection against the virus, and when larger numbers of those media-fueled parents opt out of vaccinating their children from these (vaccine preventable!) diseases, the "herd immunity" among large crowds is lost. Thus increasing the chance for the disease to spread, especially to those too young to even be vaccinated. So, the virus most likely came in from an infected child, vaccinated or far more likely not, and inevitably began to spread it among the children in the park. This is why I hate this anti-vaxxer movement so much!

I just have a fear of needles so I hate vaccinations! And I hate people blaming the park for this, its not like Disney purposely gave one kid the measles and told him to go spread it, it is the parent's own fault if they knew he was sick and brought him to a hotspot for movement of viruses.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
it is the parent's own fault if they knew he was sick and brought him to a hotspot for movement of viruses.

If they knew he was sick, then yes, it's the parents fault. But I doubt that was the case since as I earlier mentioned: While carrying the decease, you can spread it around roughly 4 days before seeing any symptoms of illness. This is believe is the major cause of such breakout.

RCT3rox wrote:
Continuing from this, for those who don't quite understand the vaccination thing - even those vaccinated can still get the virus. It's not 100% reliable, it's just a strong protection against the virus

And that's true as well with pretty much any vaccination. It's never 100% reliable but a 1 in 1.000.000 chance is a lot better than a 1 in 2 to get infected.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

This better not become a trend or it wont be long before we have to run the trains through a bleach waterfall each cycle.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
...While carrying the decease, you....

Before I say this know that your English is excellent and better than some native speakers. I'm 99% sure English isn't your first language and this isn't something an autocorrect or spellchecker would pick up. You want the word "disease", not decease. If you say "carrying the decease" and add a "D" to make it "carrying the deceased", that's a classy term for a corpse/dead body, and the word "decease" can be used in place of "death" most times. Just an FYI.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
...While carrying the decease, you....

Before I say this know that your English is excellent and better than many native speakers. I'm 99% sure English isn't your first language and this isn't something an autocorrect or spellchecker would pick up. You want the word "disease", not decease. If you say "carrying the decease" and add a "D" to make it "carrying the deceased", that's a classy term for a corpse/dead body, and the word "decease" can be used in place of "death" most times. Just an FYI.

Mikey wrote:
This better not become a trend or it wont be long before we have to run the trains through a bleach waterfall each cycle.

Do it when they transfer trains off each night.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 56.00 Points
Hey, I was planning to visit Hong Kong Disneyland in the next month. You know I was quite eager to visit Indiana Jones Adventure: Hidden Eeyore that is one of the biggest secrets of Disneyland. I hope all the issues will be solved out till the next month.

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!