Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Reviews Port Aventura Theme Park Review

Port Aventura Theme Park Review

Staff approved theme park reviews are posted here. Read the sticky topic for details in posting your reviews.

Post November 23rd, 2010, 12:59 pm

Points on hand: 805.00 Points
Just an hour's drive south from Barcelona, on the beatiful Costa Daurada or Golden Coast of Spain, there is an adventure waiting for you at Port Aventura. This incredible theme park is actually like visiting five parks without having to travel each time. A new adventure awaits in each section that includes Mediterranea, China, Mexico, Polynesia, and the Far West. It's like taking a whirlwind tour of the world, all within the gigantic Port Aventura theme park.

Your adventure begins as you enter PortAventura, when you step into the world of fire, water, light and music that is Mediterranea. Experience the excitement of the Furius Baco, but you best have a strong heart ????????? you will be catapulted from 0 to 135 km/h in only seconds! The whole family will enjoy the Port de la Drassana as you travel by water to the mysterious world of ancient China where you dock at the Imperial port of Waitan.

While in China, the daredevils in the group will want to ride the fabulous, and heart-stopping Dragon Khan. This looping and twisting monster roller coaster is not for the timid, with 8 full loops along it's length, while whipping through at a heady 110 km/h! Then there is the Fumanchu ????????? while not as terrifying as the Dragon Khan, this incredible aerial merry-go-round isn't a children's ride. For the family, there is a fun assortment of rides in the Area Infantil of China.

Another fabulous area of Port Aventura is Mexico where you will get to ride the oldtime mining wagons down into the depths of the El Diablo silver mine ????????? and pray you make it back out without being found by the ghosts of the miners who disappeared without a trace many years ago. If you do make it out alive, you must be brave enough to conquer the Hurakan Condor, a breathtaking free fall of 100 meters straight down.

Polynesia brings you all the sun and fun of the tropical islands with the Tutuki Splash, Canoes and the Kon-Tiki Wave. What else would you find in the tropics besides boats and water? While there are live shows throughout Port Aventura, the ones to be found in Polynesia are exceptionally picturesque. See the traditional Polynesian dance in the Aloha Tahiti show or the Gran Fiesta de Navidad, or see something unexpected with the Port Aventura on Ice show.

Last but not least is the Far West section of Port Aventura. This area should rightfully be called the Wild Wild West because it has cowboys, Indians, buffalo and one huge roller coaster called the Stampida. The Silver River Flume is an exciting water ride where you ride the "log" down the river and the Grand Canyon Rapids gives you the thrill of white water rafting.

Of course, Port Aventura isn't just rides and shows. There are many shops and restaurants in each area of the theme park. Each area has it's own boutique where you can get souvenirs along with the latest fashions of that region. Other shops offer handcrafted items, from jewelry to carved wooden masks from the south Pacific. When it comes time to eat, you can choose from many different restaurants including the Vinofera, La Hacienda and the Marco Polo ????????? and a plethora of self service options.

PortAventura is truly a vacation destination for the entire family. While you can take a day trip there, of course, it would be impossible to see the entire park in just one day. Plan several days and have an incredible vacation with a different cultural experience every day.

Post November 30th, 2010, 4:22 pm

Points on hand: 1,085.00 Points
To be honest, I've never heard of this park before. Now that I've read this great review I looked into some more of the park and it looks like a fun little park. Only six coasters but some good ones with somewhat of a variety. Anyways nice review. If I ever get a chance to go over seas, this park will be on my list!
This is not my signature.

Post July 15th, 2014, 11:56 pm

Points on hand: 132.00 Points
I have not been there, but since it was created by Busch and Universal my friends want to visit this park may be i will also go to the visit..any one tell me what is the special in Parks for the tourist?

Post July 18th, 2014, 3:54 am

Points on hand: 124.00 Points
Kasi if you want to visit PortAventura Park then I can guide you about it. It??????s located at Avinguda Alcalde Pere Molas S/N, 43480 Salou, Spain. PortAventura is just a short distance from the center of Salou. The park is quite large and cannot be fully experienced in a single day, if you are big on rides and shows then you may want to go for 3 days, 2 days is a good minimum to really experience as much on offer as possible. The park is divided into countries - Mediterrania, Polynesia, China, Mexico, and the Far West. Now go there and enjoy the ride.

Post July 20th, 2014, 1:32 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
It's very weird that old topics like these keep getting brought up.

Post March 14th, 2015, 6:57 pm

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
I'm going on a trip to barcelona with my family, I hope I get to take the train to this park because I have never visited it before
Taron>Helix get mad

Post March 14th, 2015, 8:24 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
straightbanana wrote:
I'm going on a trip to barcelona with my family, I hope I get to take the train to this park because I have never visited it before

As first: Welcome to the site!

I would say enjoy your visit to the park. Port Aventura is great with plenty of rides! :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 14th, 2015, 9:51 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
straightbanana wrote:

Welcome to the site

Post March 16th, 2015, 10:18 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Same feeling and hopefully he'll have fun there riding! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post March 16th, 2015, 4:16 pm

Thanks guys :D I'll give you my thoughts in a month or 2
Taron>Helix get mad

Post March 19th, 2015, 8:13 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
straightbanana wrote:

Welcome to the site and enjoy your time at the park!

Post August 9th, 2015, 3:44 pm

I just came back from the park for the first time and I LOVED it, I bought an express pass wich was a mistake because the park was really quiet :)
I did all the rides in one day (one of the best days of my life) and I have to say that Shambala is my favourite coaster ever!
Taron>Helix get mad

Post August 11th, 2015, 7:32 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Welcome back, traveller! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park Reviews