Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Great Adventure- Batman Backwards (Namtab!)

Six Flags Great Adventure- Batman Backwards (Namtab!)

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

BATMAN?????? The Ride Backwards and El Diablo Headline 2015 Spring/Summer Season

Six Flags Great Adventure, the world??????s largest theme park, unveils a second thrilling roller coaster experience for 2015 as it flips one of its most innovative and adrenaline-charged coasters backwards for a limited time. The park also debuts its 13th roller coaster ?????? El Diablo ?????? during its 2015 season, which kicks off April 3.

BATMAN??????: The Ride becomes even more intense as it undergoes a gravity-defying role reversal from July 4th weekend to Labor Day weekend. Guests can dare to take on an all-new experience on the world-famous suspended, looping coaster when its chair lift-style train is flipped 180 degrees on the track.

BATMAN??????: The Ride Backwards Fast Facts:

Soar backwards, chair-lift style (beneath the track)
50-mph juggernaut
Five gut-wrenching inversions guests never see coming
2,700 feet of twisted track
Since opening in 1993, BATMAN??????: The Ride has given more than 27 million thrilling rides and reigns as one of the most popular roller coasters in the world.

??????The ride??????s intensity is ratcheted way up,?????? said John Fitzgerald, Six Flags Great Adventure president. ??????Thrill seekers will not want to miss this limited-time opportunity to put their inner ??????super hero?????? to the test.??????

41st Season Kicks off April 3 featuring Polar Bear Plunge, PEEPS????? and Safari Babies

Six Flags Great Adventure was voted America??????s second best theme park by USA TODAY readers in 2014. Its 41st season begins April 3-5 with Easter Weekend presented by PEEPS?????. On Saturday, April 4, Six Flags will host a special Easter Celebration giving guests the chance to search for eggs filled with PEEPS?????. The morning event will also include onsite entertainment, games and giveaways. The first 100 guests (toddlers to age 12) to arrive by 9:30 a.m. will receive a PEEPS????? Egg Hunt Participant Wristband and up to three spectator wristbands for friends and family members to join in the celebration. All participants and spectators must have valid park admission to receive a wristband. The event will take place at 10 a.m., prior to park opening.

Spring is a time for babies, and Safari??????s animal experts showcase the adorable, new additions including European brown bear cubs through two popular education programs. Safari Off Road Education offers students K-6 a journey in learning with 1,200 animals from six continents in the 350-acre wildlife preserve. Biology Day targets high school students with a special focus on land and marine biology. These programs, reserved for schools, operate when the theme park is closed. Schools can contact njspecialevents@sixflags.com for more information.

El Diablo Scorches 2015 Season

Guests can feel the wrath of the devil on El Diablo, the park's 13th coaster, beginning this spring. Inspired by Jersey Devil folklore with a Mexican twist, El Diablo features riders sitting in ??????face-off?????? (face-to-face) seats rocketing forward and backward pendulum style until the train gains enough momentum to complete a full revolution seven stories in the air. The fiery red coaster then kicks into high gear, completing full revolutions until it stops momentarily with riders suspended upside down, and then reverses direction.

"El Diablo is the perfect addition to Plaza del Carnaval, as it appeals to both thrill seekers and families alike. Rides like El Toro and Tango attract a wide audience to this area, which also provides ample opportunities for dining, shopping and relaxation from the excitement of the world??????s largest theme park," Fitzgerald added.

El Diablo is expected to open this May, and will have a 48 inch height requirement to ride.

New Outdoor Grill and Upgraded Cabana Cove at Hurricane Harbor

Beginning May 23, Guests can enjoy the delicious smell and taste of freshly-grilled food when Six Flags Hurricane Harbor debuts its new, outdoor grill. This open-air kitchen will feature giant turkey legs, hot dogs, hamburgers and Mexican-style steak. The park will also introduce an upgraded Cabana Cove, with new, luxury cabanas surrounded by a lush, tropical landscape.

Tickets, operating hours, park information and special events can be found at http://www.sixflags.com/greatadventure

About Warner Bros. Consumer Products

Warner Bros. Consumer Products, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, is one of the leading licensing and retail merchandising organizations in the world.

About DC Entertainment

DC Entertainment, home to iconic brands DC Comics (Superman, Batman, Green Lantern, Wonder Woman, The Flash), Vertigo (Sandman, Fables) and MAD, is the creative division charged with strategically integrating its content across Warner Bros. Entertainment and Time Warner. DC Entertainment works in concert with many key Warner Bros. divisions to unleash its stories and characters across all media, including but not limited to film, television, consumer products, home entertainment and interactive games. Publishing thousands of comic books, graphic novels and magazines each year, DC Entertainment is the largest English-language publisher of comics in the world.

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world??????s largest regional theme park company with $1.1 billion in revenue and 18 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 53 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions including up-close animal encounters, Fright Fest????? and Holiday in the Park?????. For more information, visit http://www.sixflags.com

I was right!
Last edited by Coaster Hero on March 24th, 2015, 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:
the world??????s largest theme park

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

^Not my words bro, I just copied the press release :lol:

Technically it is the worlds largest though, as they made the safari and the themepark one big park, which is kinda cheating ;)
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
By that logic, Geauga Lake is still the largest.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Which photo do you guys like? I'll definitely go for the 2nd one with a Batman train ruling that vertical loop! It's perfectly going well with the scenery, too! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
They had been rumoring this for a while, so not surpising. Still, should be fun for the park guests while it's there.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:

The "world" of New Jersey.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:

Isn't Six Flags Great Adventure technically the world's largest theme park by land area?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yes, SFGADV is the largest theme park by land.
Is it sad that we have all known this for months and this is not really news to me?

Paradox User avatar

TTD03 wrote:
Is it sad that we have all known this for months and this is not really news to me?

I think it is sad that they are marketing this as the world's largest themepark by adding the safari. Honestly using that logic, Disney is the entire city of Orlando.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
And then Geauga Lake was mostly...a lake. I think I've expressed my thoughts more eloquently in the past, but Namtab is utter shite and Six Flags' worst gimmick to date. Quite glad it's only temporary at each park.

Paradox User avatar

aj74205 wrote:
And then Geauga Lake was mostly...a lake. I think I've expressed my thoughts more eloquently in the past, but Namtab is utter shite and Six Flags' worst gimmick to date. Quite glad it's only temporary at each park.

I mean I would much rather prefer Namtab over Resare Dnim :lol:
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Paradox wrote:
I mean I would much rather prefer Namtab over Resare Dnim :lol:

LMAO good point.

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
Paradox wrote:
TTD03 wrote:

I think it is sad that they are marketing this as the world's largest themepark by adding the safari. Honestly using that logic, Disney is the entire city of Orlando.

I doubt Great Adventure is bigger than Disney. I am still confused.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Not 100% sure, but I believe they're comparing used land area of individual theme parks. Great Adventure which now includes the safari according to them is bigger than Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, etc.. They're not saying it's bigger than the entirety of Disney's properties in Florida. That wouldn't make sense anyways, one would have to weigh all Six Flags properties vs. all Disney properties in that case to be fair.

Also Disney doesn't own Orlando, how could they call it part of their park? I didn't understand that comment.

Paradox User avatar

dcs221 wrote:
Not 100% sure, but I believe they're comparing used land area of individual theme parks. Great Adventure which now includes the safari according to them is bigger than Magic Kingdom, Animal Kingdom, etc.. They're not saying it's bigger than the entirety of Disney's properties in Florida. That wouldn't make sense anyways, one would have to weigh all Six Flags properties vs. all Disney properties in that case to be fair.

Also Disney doesn't own Orlando, how could they call it part of their park? I didn't understand that comment.

It was a joke. It was in no way meant to be taken seriously.

How is the safari ride anyways?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

You know, since we are on the topic of backwards rides, SFGadv actually tried Bizarro Backwards for a limited time and only a few people got to ride, but people complained that it was too intense and nauseating. It makes sense they chose Batman to reverse.
It's been a long time

Points on hand: 35.00 Points
Bank: 4,336.00 Points
Bizzaro backwards just sounds like a nightmare.
Diamondback is Diamonbae.

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I can't believe it's worse than Batman backwards though. Comparing the rides when seated normally, Batman is infinitely more intense than Bizarro. I like both rides, but the intensity levels aren't anywhere near each other. The only thing I can think of that could make Bizarro worse backwards is it's longer ride time.

^Agreed! They're two totally different experiences but objectively the more intense of the two is Batman. Namtab is the only coaster I've ever gotten off of feeling ill, and it just is not a good experience backwards. Even though I know that layout by heart it's hard to properly brace for the snappy corks and it was way off-putting to slam into those B&M horsecollars for about the first time ever.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

aj74205 wrote:

Nah, I love Batman forwards, and I am going to love it backwards also!

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!