Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Employment Show Stalkers

Show Stalkers

This category is for all theme park employees, past, present, and future.

Post March 30th, 2015, 3:14 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 32.00 Points
Bank: 4,860.00 Points
I am a sound tech/stage manager at Six Flags Over Texas, and my show right now is the only one running right now until June. My question is, how would you deal with a show stalker (someone who stalks the shows and performers and techs)? I have already had my first round of them this past weekend for the shows opening weekend, and the other techs said that it only will get worse, but the question is how worse can it get? For those that are wondering possibly what show that I am doing right now, there is a link to the page below and the cast picture from last season as well.
Show Link: https://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/attr ... -cabaret-0

Cast:Image
Attachments
cast.jpg
This is the cast from last season. The park has not updated the cast picture to this year yet.
cast.jpg (8.33 KiB) Viewed 1864 times

Post March 30th, 2015, 3:23 pm

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Get everybody that he stalks to awkwardly stare at him until he leaves :lol:

In all truth, I have absolutely no idea. Being the light tech in our school shows we never have anybody watching what we do 8-)

Post March 30th, 2015, 3:24 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Post March 30th, 2015, 3:28 pm
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

RCT3rox wrote:
Get everybody that he stalks to awkwardly stare at him until he leaves :lol:

In all truth, I have absolutely no idea. Being the light tech in our school shows we never have anybody watching what we do 8-)

I wish. With me being the sound person, everyone goes to me with their problems about the show and their lives for advice that is in the show, so I get to hear some of the most randomist stuff that you can imagine

Post March 30th, 2015, 4:59 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Hmmm... Show stalking, usually something like that happens when seasonal pass holders are a big fan of the show or whatever other reason. From my experiences, that only ends up affecting the actual performers and not all the techs and everything backstage around it. (Although, I'm sure they will notice the same person(s) being in the crowd every show :lol: )

I guess as long they are nice and don't harass the preformers it should be all fine. You'd might even have something to laugh at after performances. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post March 30th, 2015, 5:38 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I think Coasterdave needs to tell the site about Pegkeeper.....
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post March 30th, 2015, 6:23 pm

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

Oh... no thanks.... you can if you'd like

But, I've mentioned before I perform at Cedar Point. We definitely have groupies. Many give gifts and hugs and are harmless. Then there are some who have full on stalked performers. Social media is crazy when you're in the amusement live entertainment. I've had many people contact me became they found me.... Mind you, my name isn't posted around the park (like theater shows) and they still find me. Some people have found notes on their cars to pictures of them in a normal day. It can get creepy. We're lucky to have people that respect and enjoy our shows so often, but sometimes it pushes the limits... Like the couple that watched 5 of our 7 shows in one day... Then tried to kiss us. Not kidding.

Untitled.jpg
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Post April 1st, 2015, 11:37 am
Mr. Freeze User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
Hmmm... Show stalking, usually something like that happens when seasonal pass holders are a big fan of the show or whatever other reason. From my experiences, that only ends up affecting the actual performers and not all the techs and everything backstage around it. (Although, I'm sure they will notice the same person(s) being in the crowd every show :lol: )

I guess as long they are nice and don't harass the preformers it should be all fine. You'd might even have something to laugh at after performances. :lol:

They very well could be. They have tried to contact me already and the show has only been live for TWO DAYS!!! I am not a performer by any means, but why would they want to try and contact me?
coasterdave wrote:
Oh... no thanks.... you can if you'd like

But, I've mentioned before I perform at Cedar Point. We definitely have groupies. Many give gifts and hugs and are harmless. Then there are some who have full on stalked performers. Social media is crazy when you're in the amusement live entertainment. I've had many people contact me became they found me.... Mind you, my name isn't posted around the park (like theater shows) and they still find me. Some people have found notes on their cars to pictures of them in a normal day. It can get creepy. We're lucky to have people that respect and enjoy our shows so often, but sometimes it pushes the limits... Like the couple that watched 5 of our 7 shows in one day... Then tried to kiss us. Not kidding.

I understand completely. they would try to give one of the performers gifts and tried to take her with him to China, and the whole nine yards. Although we all got a laugh out of it afterwards, it is still one of the weirdest things that I have ever come across at a theme park.

Return to Theme Park Employment