Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Junker at Power Park Amusement Park For 2015

Junker at Power Park Amusement Park For 2015

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Well that was quick.

Junker looks awesome!
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Construction was insanely fast. It seems all of this year's rides are going up quickly.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

The pacing looks great! Even in action, that loop still looks demented :lol: , but it still looks like it has some hangtime.
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

Paradox User avatar

I'm still counting the non-inverting dive loop as an inversion and that cutback is gorgeous.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Hopefully that first dive loop gets some airtime.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The part before the flat part on the loop looks like it pulls really heavy G's. Looks like an awesome ride!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I am IN LOVE with the fact that there is no opportunity for that "do i really want to do this?" thought before being launched. It just drops right into the launch section, at around 30 MPH. I repeat "THERE IS NO BLOCK BRAKE BEFORE THE LAUNCH!!!!" US parks, are you paying attention...SIX FLAGS I AM ADDRESSING YOU PRIMARILY!! That's how you increase capacity.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points

^ Skyrocket moves right into its launch out of the station, it's awesome!

Paradox User avatar

spacemountainfan619 wrote:
I am IN LOVE with the fact that there is no opportunity for that "do i really want to do this?" thought before being launched. It just drops right into the launch section, at around 30 MPH. I repeat "THERE IS NO BLOCK BRAKE BEFORE THE LAUNCH!!!!" US parks, are you paying attention...SIX FLAGS I AM ADDRESSING YOU PRIMARILY!! That's how you increase capacity.

Gerstlauer doesn't do a brake before launces, even if there is a pre-launch like how Karacho has the roll. There is always the classic "Gerstlauer dip" right before the launch though.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Well with hydraulic launch coasters there HAS to be a place for the train to stop so the catch car can attach, be it the station or after a switch track, or something else. Also, wouldn't a block brake increase capacity? Or am I wrong?
It's been a long time

JAMMY User avatar
Event Coordinator
Event Coordinator

Points on hand: 5,820.00 Points
That thing is flying through the layout, the airtime hill into the dive loop looks like it'll provide insane ejector. Well, I suppose it depends on how much speed the MCBR kills when in operation, hopefully very little.
Favourite Park 2016:Still LISEBERG (mmm... HELIX)
Favourite Ride 2016: Still HELIX (at night)

Steam: JAMMYD777
https://twitter.com/JAMMYD778
https://www.youtube.com/JAMMYD778

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Nice, it's flying through it's course! Apparently I've been one year too soon to Scandinavia :lol: Perhaps I can arrange a short trip back. Since this looks like a marvelous expansion on what the park already is. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Coaster Hero wrote:

Well with hydraulic launch coasters there HAS to be a place for the train to stop so the catch car can attach, be it the station or after a switch track, or something else. Also, wouldn't a block brake increase capacity? Or am I wrong?

I would think it differs from ride to ride.

In theory capacity is completely determined by dispatch time. Therefore is you shorten the ride length (by removing a block) you ensure that there is more chance of that train stacking just before the station. That means there's no wasted time waiting for a train to enter the station to be unloaded/loaded/dispatched. If you're already getting stacking behind the station then removing the block will make no difference.

However, something that can be loaded as quickly as a Eurofighter (or X-Car) may be held in the station as it's waiting for the previous train to clear the next block. In that case a block brake would ensure that this train dispatches quick and therefore clears the station quicker to allow the next train in. Again this would require you to have trains stacked outside the station to be totally efficient, so I guess it often comes down to balancing both of these mechanisms.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

True Addicts
True Addicts

Also as far as block brakes go, I know from working Mantis that the "interval" for 3 trains was to dispatch when a train is in the peak of the dive loop. This is physically impossible to achieve with 3 trains as Americans because they're too slow lumbering around at the bins for this to be possible. With only two trains this is pushed back to the awkward S-turn (the one with the heavy whip) after the corkscrew. Yes you could dispatch the train way earlier, but then if the next train takes a bit longer due to a fat guest not fitting or something, you're just going to stack it harder if you dispatched early instead of at your interval.

I have no idea what they're supposed to do now with the floorless trains as the lift speed and other factors may have been changed, but I imagine it's a similar goal that's more manageable without adjusting everyone's seat 50 times per train like in the standup configuration.

As far as how this ride functions, it's probably relatively high capacity assuming you don't stack the trains if they're constantly shoving people through it. It's not a super long ride and Powerpark isn't nearly as big as lots of other parks.

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
That squashed inversion is still off. All other elements including a launch section, are pretty fun! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

gouldy User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 2,723.00 Points
Bank: 25,088.00 Points

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
Was interesting that they let the POV run for mult dispatches. It sounds like jackhammer vibetron 5000, but I suppose that's neither here nor there.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
It's difficult to really judge the hangtime loop till people ride it I think.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
That last video out of the 3 actually looks pretty good. Should be a fun ride, perhaps a bit slower in some parts than I originally imagined. But still good. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

True Addicts
True Addicts

They do have winter jackets on, so it's definitely cold runs.

Isn't it insane how this thing was constructed in only 2 months? That's even quicker than I thought.
It's been a long time

Paradox User avatar

The park has confirmed that the ride will open this Saturday.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

PreviousNext

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!