Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Millennium Force Gets NEW Trains at Cedar Point!

Millennium Force Gets NEW Trains at Cedar Point!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Really?! 2017? looks like we're stuck with that land clearing for an extra year.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Yes, my TTD better not go anywhere. And it won't, until as other said, it's not cost effective anymore.

And no, what did the FunTV's say?

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Well I don't think they're new trains because I was just on it yesterday and there was a lot of wear on lapbars/floors/etc. lol
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
It was a trivia question

What will the new attraction for 2017 be
A. Roller coaster
B. Thrill Ride
C. Water Ride
D. None of the above

D: None of the above. You didn't think we'd spill the beans so soon did you? ;)

next time I go I'll video of it

Points on hand: 6,539.00 Points
That's a peculiar bit of teasing, but ultimately I don't think it amounts to anything. I wonder if 2017 was a typo, though, lol.

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

GerstlCrazy wrote:
Well I don't think they're new trains because I was just on it yesterday and there was a lot of wear on lapbars/floors/etc. lol

They reused parts that still have some life... The chassis and some other parts of the train are new.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
aj74205 wrote:
That's a peculiar bit of teasing, but ultimately I don't think it amounts to anything. I wonder if 2017 was a typo, though, lol.

Speculation of course, but immediately I felt this would fit into current Cedar Fair plans pretty soundly. IF its true that they get the Dive Next year. I could see CP getting the Amusement Dark treatment for '17. That would not be a roller coaster, thrill ride or water ride.

Calling Dark Ride 2017.

While CF has let rumors fly rampant and giggled at the chaos, and recently have gotten much better at being tight-lipped about future plans :evil:, they've never officially lied or been misleading. Could be a new show or restaurant or game arcade too. The top three worst arcades I've ever seen are all at Cedar Point X_X. That park is my first true love but I just can't with these outdated poorly maintained arcades. I just can't.

CoasterDave, did you see the trees by Magnum's exit? They did like those trees

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
LuckyK wrote:
It was a trivia question

What will the new attraction for 2017 be
A. Roller coaster
B. Thrill Ride
C. Water Ride
D. None of the above

D: None of the above. You didn't think we'd spill the beans so soon did you? ;)

next time I go I'll video of it

Can confirm this question was displayed on FunTV last year when I was forced to watch FunTV for probably 100+ hours of my life. Thank god the B&M roar would mute Paramore for 10 seconds or so to spare me from that.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

True Addicts
True Addicts

LuckyK wrote:
they've never officially lied or been misleading.

95% of the planet was sure they would get a dark ride last year and they got floorless Mantis instead, which quite frankly I knew about in May and thought was a stupid employee rumor until the test paint popped up (that suspiciously was not similar to the chosen colors at all....) one day during low zone checks. That test paint lasted about a week until it hit the internet and then the "I hate your ride but I want to see the test paint" enthusiast retards showed up that HAD to justify riding it like guys justify their fat girlfriend.

Good thing they weren't smart enough to understand that you can't see the side of the track if the train is wider than the track.

Also guys don't bark up Dave's tree. If he knows anything about 2017, there is a very good chance it's nowhere near a complete picture and he's not stupid enough to tell.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
On another note, from what I've been hearing, Wicked Twister will be closed for a while, which stinks. I know it's not the most significant coaster at the Point, but I really like impulse coasters, and I'd like to get the credit this summer.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Wicked Twister is significant, I think - those spirals with a fantastic view of Lake Erie! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I'd say only another week or two. They've reassembled the track and the train is complete in the station. They just need to start testing on it and all the other opening day stuff that it never did.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

True Addicts
True Addicts

It'll have to get certified, which is probably going to be 100 cycles since I believe that is the number for a major modification or replacement of something.

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

LucyK - I haven't had a chance to make it over there yet.
Wicked Twister also got new trains and it has been cycling for a couple days. No word on where they are for commissioning and state clearance.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ So that's why WT was late. I wonder what prompted them for new trains on MF and WT?

And also, was WT trains the last thing you couldn't speak of, or is there something else still? (Simple yes or no answer is adequate, we don't want you losing your job :P)
coasterdave wrote:
Nah, Magnums trains had a complete overhaul in 2013. You're missing Point Pavilion, Lakeside Dining room and pavilion renovations, and at least one more thing. But I like my job and don't want to announce anything the park hasn't. Sorry for vague responses.

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!