Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Carowinds 2016 "We look forward to making a bigger SPLASH "

Carowinds 2016 "We look forward to making a bigger SPLASH "

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 849.00 Points
9b58faeb-363d-40d1-b64e-5080d19752b8.png
via screamscape-2016 - Waterpark Expansion or Attraction - Rumor - (3/19/15) While it is too early to confirm anything, several different people sent in word that Carowinds is looking into a large possible expansion of their waterpark for the 2016 season. One that would see the waterpark spread over to the other side of Thunder Road, and make use of the never-used portion of Carowinds parking lot along-side the back end of the coaster.
One person did claim to have heard Thunder Road may get the axe for this, but I highly doubt this after the park has spent millions over the last several years completely rebuilding much of Thunder Road over a multi-phase plan. It would be easier to follow the example of Kings Dominion and run a path under a section of the coaster to lead to more slides on the other side.
(8/23/14) Carowinds dropped a new hint about what is in store for 2016... and it will certainly involve water. To quote park spokesperson John Taylor, "We look forward to making a bigger SPLASH next August when we gather again to announce our epic 2016 expansion plan."
So will this be an expansion to the Boomerang Bay waterpark, or could this be a much needed new flume ride for the park? I'm hoping for the later, especially since the waterpark just added two new slides for 2014.

I'm still trying to think what we could be getting a water ride?

Carowinds
May 23 at 11:12am ??
After 39 wonderful years and nearly 40 million scream-filled rides, Thunder Road will give its last race on July 26. The ride is being retired to make room for future family-fun attractions. Please join us this summer as we say good-bye to this iconic coaster.
IMG_0207.JPG
IMG_0207.JPG (78.07 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

IMG_0206.JPG
IMG_0206.JPG (74.71 KiB) Viewed 1030 times

I was looking around in maintenance and stumbled upon this gem...

whats your take on 2016 what would you like to see in 2016

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
We already have a topic on this here, and you posted in it! This is basically the same info twice! Until we have more info, there isn't need for another topic.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!