Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Valleyfair 2015 - Soak City Expansion

Valleyfair 2015 - Soak City Expansion

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
It looks like the construction phase of the Soak City expansion is finally done. Pretty impressive how far they've come since October.
image.jpg
October 12, 2014

image.jpg
May 7, 2015

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
next year better be a damn good coaster!
Plantoris

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

^
I personally think a new coaster won't be coming until at least 2017, but yes, it is getting a little annoying that VF's coaster drought is lasting this long. :x

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Sorry about the double post, but I've been hearing that there is some digging/land clearing going on in the back of the park that can be seen from the top of Renegade's lift hill. Also, when I was at the park last week, I noticed that only Excalibur train was on the track. The other train's cars were sitting on the ground near the lift hill. So, could Valleyfair finally be receiving a new coaster in 2016, and would that call for the removal of Excalibur?

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
Sorry about the double post, but I've been hearing that there is some digging/land clearing going on in the back of the park that can be seen from the top of Renegade's lift hill.

I will suffocate. Who told you. Where are you getting this.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

I heard it from some other enthusiasts I know. Of course, there's no guarantee that this digging is for a new coaster, but I'm hoping that's what it's for. If it is a new coaster, I'm also curious as to whether or not it would call for Excalibur's removal. I hope they don't remove it, but it might be necessary.

They can use pleeenty of other sections of property before they would consider taking out Excalibur. There's no reason for them to drop their attraction number right now.

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I have also heard rumors about getting rid of Excalibur. I however feel that its unlikely, even though its the cheapest coaster in existence(j/k). I would be sad to see it go. Like someone mentioned, there are better places to put one. I think it will be put in place of the amphitheater, but I also feel like that spot would perfectly fit a Frisbee and I have heard rumors about that as well.

my 2 cents.
Plantoris

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

It is a bit odd that the amphitheater has been sitting dormant for this long and hasn't been replaced yet. I personally think that is where Valleyfair's dark ride might go if the rumors of all Cedar Fair parks receiving a dark ride hold up. A coaster in the amphitheater spot would have to be very compact.
Last edited by VF15 on May 24th, 2015, 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

I also agree that they're probably going to get rid of that amphitheater. It would open suuuuuch a good region of space (and right adjacent to the entrance; i.e. all this talk going about giving CF parks a version of a gate/entrance plaza coaster). Also I don't think I've seen that amphitheater being used even once.

GerstlCrazy wrote:
They can use pleeenty of other sections of property before they would consider taking out Excalibur. There's no reason for them to drop their attraction number right now.

Lol.

Anyways... this happened today. Had a great day at Valleyfair. Yes, it would seem change will continue to happen with the water park.

There is no understating how large this structure looks from all about the park.

My bitchass about to drop down the left one.

Review of Breakers Plunge: The Breakers Plunge is exquisite. The trek up all of those flights of stairs certainly takes a lot out of a human, that's why I only rode the Plunges 6 times today, when we wanted to ride it non-stop. The height is hard to describe if you're not there. For a water slide, that is an obnoxious height. The free-fall sensation is astounding, and the splash section of the ride is as comfortable as the fall. Excellent water slide. I intensely look forward to riding it more this season.

Review of Breakers Pipelines: The trapdoor slides have comfortable drop sections, but for whatever reason, their splash zones are as painful as the old panic drop slides at the park. My friend agreed. The drop of the trapdoor is exhilarating but we didn't want to return to them when we decided the splash was not comfortable. The Plunges have a splash comfort in a different league.

**As a P.S. the Barefoot Beach kiddie playground actually looks a lot better and more interactive in person. A.K.A. Valleyfair did the damn thang.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Well, freefalls or horizontal loops, take your pick! However we should try both! I actually love what they are like! They definately go well with a few coaster tracks and a S&S launch tower in the background! 8-)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

GerstlCrazy wrote:
GerstlCrazy wrote:

Lol.

Called it :lol:
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!