Board index Off Topic Board Fun and Games What is your Fav/least Fav wooden coaster?

What is your Fav/least Fav wooden coaster?

All forum games go here.

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
favourite: Wodan Timbur Coaster
least favourite: Anaconda at wallygator
Taron>Helix get mad

Points on hand: 1,589.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
Favorites:
The Voyage - Need I say why?
Outlaw Run - A relatively smooth, seriously wacky ride
Prowler - Ground-hugging GCI

Least Favorite
The Boss - The only coaster I've ever been on where I wanted to get off before the midpoint, both times I rode it. People who think Mean Streak is rough should ride this (Mean Streak really isn't bad, just bland) and see what they think.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Boss is definitely my favorite wooden coaster. Lightning Racer is my least favorite, only beating Mean Streak because LR looked like it would be so awesome while simultaneously doing so little. They both commit the same crime, doing nothing.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 6,869.00 Points
I am not the biggest fan of Lightning Racer and think it is way overrated, but I always thought the first section before the tunnel delivered. There are some significant jolts of floater and the snappy transitions make it have a certain energy. The combination of the great drop, the slow graceful hill, the short hop, and the turnaround reminds me of Ravine Flyer II in some way and every element provides great pops of floater air. I agree that everything after that is on the weak side aside from a few minor pops and slight laterals. The other 2 GCIs I've been on that I remember riding (White Lightning and Wildcat. Don't really remember Gwazi) are way more fun.
1.Boulder Dash | 2.Legend(HW) | 3.Beast | 4.Ravine Flyer II | 5.Intimdator 305 | 6.Phoenix | 7.Twisted Timbers | 8.Wicked Cyclone | 9.Thunderhead | 10.Storm Chaser

Points on hand: 1,589.00 Points
Bank: 1,000.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Boss is definitely my favorite wooden coaster.

Are we talking about the same Boss?

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
One of my favorites is Tremors at Silverwood Theme Park. My least favorite is SOB... actually not! The "defunct" Hercules! Where the heck did the momentum go after the first big turn?! The ride decelerated from 70mph to "bike-pottering" 10mph in an elevation! The rest of its layout was like tootling... :shock:
Last edited by lol240 on June 12th, 2015, 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
My worst two were Rolling Thunder and Hercules. Both were quite painful...Hercules even hurt front row on the slow sections. Painful is bad enough, but at least don't be boring and painful at the same time. Ah well. Both are gone anyways.

Top two are El Toro and Boulderdash, though to be fair those are really the only two stand out wooden coasters I've ridden. Villain was a lot of fun, Wild One is good...some others are/were ok, and that's about it.

I guess if you had to have only ridden two excellent wooden coasters, those two are a pretty solid selection haha.

Post September 19th, 2015, 7:37 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I guess this thread goes pretty well with the sticky topic "2015 Golden Ticket Awards Results"! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to Fun and Games