Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Best first drop you've been on

Best first drop you've been on

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post February 14th, 2015, 3:39 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
CoasterGuy2000 wrote:
You're parks and flat rides are definitely better but I've always felt America has the better coasters.

Just because you have more it's definitely not (always) better. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post February 14th, 2015, 4:56 pm

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Nowhere else in the world has the quantity combined with quality of the east coast of America. Within say 15 hours of driving I'd guess, you have:

El Toro
Kingda Ka
Nitro
Bizarro SFNE
Wicked Cyclone
Boulder Dash
Skyrush
Storm Runner
Superman Ride of Steel
Intimidator 305
Volcano
Apollo's Chariot
Griffon
Alpengeist
Intimidator
Fury 325
Afterburn
Ride of Steel
Ravine Flyer II
Phantom's Revenge
Millennium Force
Maverick
Top Thrill Dragster
Raptor

That doesn't include a lot of excellent supporting rides like Dominator, Talon, Batman, Great Bear, etc. I'll take the east lineup over any entire country in the world.

Post February 14th, 2015, 5:46 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
^This guy. Also, there are so many regions like that in America actually, with stocked parks in short driving distances from each other. But that eastern region is soooooooo stocked. I'm going on a trip to tackle some of those major parks (CP, Hershey, SFGAdv) with tiepenis35 this summer.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post February 14th, 2015, 11:48 pm

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

Almost every coaster I have been on has probably the best first drop I have ever been on, there are many factors I considered when typing in this response: ride surroundings IE: park location/topography, what specific experience I had on the ride, and whether or not it was a drop I would love to experience again and again, as well as what was going on with me emotionally as well as who was with me, so, with that in mind, all first drops on SFMM's coasters are the best, yes, some are small, not very intense, but all provide an experience unlike any first drop in any other park, take, for instance, TATSU (#1 overall for me) the drop itself is not the tallest, steepest, or fastest, but, if you have ever ridden Tatsu, you probably remember cresting the lift and looking down at ant sized people and feeling like you were hundreds of feet above them ready to drop straight onto them. What about the face-planting first drop of X2? or the great view of Santa Clarita valley from Viper as you crest the lift. Or, the surprising drop on Revolution that is completely hidden amongst the trees ( I Recommend riding at night for best experience). Even Terminator has one laterally and vertically g force crushing first drop. So, there it is, SFMM coasters have the best first drops I have ever been on with TATSU at the very top of all my steel coaster fave lists. Hoping to visit this year, last time I was there Full Throttle had just opened, great ride, but still miss Log Jammer.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Post February 16th, 2015, 10:56 am
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
^This guy. Also, there are so many regions like that in America actually, with stocked parks in short driving distances from each other. But that eastern region is soooooooo stocked. I'm going on a trip to tackle some of those major parks (CP, Hershey, SFGAdv) with tiepenis35 this summer.

Pretty sure it wasn't a typo but you said tiepenis35...

Post June 15th, 2015, 9:08 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Best first drop for me is definitely Millennium Force.
Millennium_Force_(Cedar_Point)_06.JPG

Post June 15th, 2015, 9:25 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Millennium Force is one of those rides that confuses me the most. I've heard great reviews from it but I've also heard that it's extremely overhyped. I'm not going to CP anytime soon so I guess I won't know for some time.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post June 15th, 2015, 9:33 am
afro85 User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 81.00 Points
Bank: 26,937.70 Points
I loved the vertical drop on Oblivion AT!!! Can't wait to try Oblivion in Gardaland!!!

Post June 15th, 2015, 11:01 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
The best drop that takes riders to a non-stop or trimless journey, should be Millennium Force's! For a more forceful and windy drop, I absolutely go for TTD and Kingda Ka - beyond the regular speed limit that most GPs would think of! Outstanding experience there! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 15th, 2015, 11:33 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
favorite first drop of all time... i think Goliath at SFMM. May drops are more forceful and bigger and yada yada, but the way it accelerates into that tunnel. I love that
Paradox wrote:
Millennium Force is one of those rides that confuses me the most. I've heard great reviews from it but I've also heard that it's extremely overhyped. I'm not going to CP anytime soon so I guess I won't know for some time.

Roller coasters to fans are like pop stars. Some people like them because of what they do, others like them because of WHO likes them and then you have those that don't like them because they are popular. it isn't world known for nothing lol

so hard to pick just one, but Goliath SFMM. I love that drop so much. The build up of speed, the height, that lil' tunnel way down there. It's like the 2nd Phantoms Revenge drop at the start of the ride.

Post June 15th, 2015, 1:39 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

For best drop I have a tie between X2 and Twisted Colossus. I like both drops :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post June 15th, 2015, 2:24 pm
TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Oscar wrote:
For best drop I have a tie between X2 and Twisted Colossus. I like both drops :)

You have been on El Toro haven't you?

Post June 15th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
It's Millennium Force.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post June 15th, 2015, 3:30 pm

Points on hand: 999.00 Points
For me it was riding front seat on X at six flags Magic Mountain.
Right after the pre-drop, when the seat starts to spin and your facing straight down , then upside down was the best for me

Oh and I forgot, Desperado at Buffalo Bills at the California / Nevada state line

Post June 15th, 2015, 8:02 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,307.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
X2
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post June 16th, 2015, 2:31 pm

Points on hand: 443.00 Points
Bank: 3,797.00 Points

1) El Toro (By far)
2) Millennium Force
3) TTD
Favorite Coasters- MF, GateKeeper, El Toro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Maverick, Nitro, Raptor, Hydra

Post June 16th, 2015, 3:15 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Although it's nowhere near the best, the awkward floaty whip in the back seat of Raptor/Monster (the clone of it) is pretty odd.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post June 16th, 2015, 6:38 pm

Points on hand: 3,826.90 Points

Post June 16th, 2015, 7:41 pm

Points on hand: 133.00 Points
Back row of Fury 325. It whips over the crest of the lift for a pop of ejector and then you float, and float, and float...

For context, I've been on Millennium Force, X2, and many hypers, but not El Toro, any dive coasters, or Skyrush (I'm seeing those a lot in this thread.)

Post June 16th, 2015, 10:33 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

I thought I'd put in my top 3:

1. Intimidator 305 (VERY intense in the back because you're practically launched over the tight crest)
2. El Toro (If you're in the back, since the trains are long you get dragged past the second half of the turn and dragged down the drop. It also packs ridiculous air in the front too)
3. Behemoth (I picked this over Nitro's drop because it's longer and steeper, plus it feels more floaty)
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions