Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Mantis Becomes Rougarou Floorless Coaster - Cedar Point 2015

Mantis Becomes Rougarou Floorless Coaster - Cedar Point 2015

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Not noticeably stronger. It's still as pumpy as Mantis was, though. I'll never forgive them for using traditional B&M bulky harnesses. My ears after one ride on a mildly cold evening were burning from the brutal pounding in the second half.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
disaster249 wrote:
How are the lateral forces, since the heartline is a little off from what a floorless would typically have?

Unfortunately, there are plenty of laterals in the second half of the ride that will result in some headbanging if you don't ride it defensively. I still thought Rougarou was an all-around fun ride, but it's disappointing that I had to ride what's supposed to be a "new" coaster defensively.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
^ I mean, I'm not sure what people were expecting, it's the first of it's kind. Of course there were going to be some force issues with it.

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
There aren't force "issues". The same roughness Mantis had is present in Rougarou.

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

tiepilot35 wrote:
Not noticeably stronger. It's still as pumpy as Mantis was, though. I'll never forgive them for using traditional B&M bulky harnesses. My ears after one ride on a mildly cold evening were burning from the brutal pounding in the second half.

"Never forgive them" for using the harness style that was suitable for the track... OK. Remember there are reasons parks do things! AKA the new restraint system is too wide for the ride. With just switching the train they had to extend the handrails out. I love that people assume that the parks don't have a reasoning for their actions...
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Bank: 3,034.00 Points
^ because slimming down the new style of restraints will shatter reality

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Am I the only one who finds the old style restraints more comfortable?
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
tiepilot35 wrote:

Lol it hurt you when it was running at its slowest? You should have rode that bastard in the back in the morning with the trim off when it was like 100 degrees. Seriously though I get that it hurt if you weren't prepared for it, but the older Arrows like Shockwave were known for ripping out earrings.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!