Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Employment How can I turn my passion into a lucrative career.

How can I turn my passion into a lucrative career.

This category is for all theme park employees, past, present, and future.

Points on hand: 2,652.00 Points
Bank: 2,739.00 Points

I am not looking for handouts, I have never have been that type. I am always looking for a hand up. My biggest passion always has been and always will be roller coasters and amusement/theme parks. It has been that way ever since my first visit to Canobie Lake many, many years ago. Yankee Cannonball has always and always will hold a special place in my heart. I worked at Sea World for a couple years back in the early 2000's, it was a fun job, but, I never felt it would go anywhere. I kick myself every day for leaving because that could have been my golden ticket to bigger things in the amusement industry. I am also an experienced musician/music teacher (no credentials, just over 20 years as a musician). I have been stuck with what I do because I am damn good at it, but it is tearing me down little by little, don't want to get into details, but not being paid legally/fairly for the hours I put in is really getting to me. Anyway, I am looking for ideas/leads as to how I can turn my passion(s) into a legit, lucrative career. I have been searching and searching, but, most of the available positions require a degree. My one major regret, in fact the only regret I have, is dropping out of college to chase that almighty dollar. my last year of college I was making almost $20 per hour, with full benefits and advancement opportunities. Sadly, that career was short-lived. I live in Southern California and any input, please keep it positive/constructive, would be greatly appreciated. Please keep in mind I am living on my own and must be able to make a minimum of $11 per hour, that's my current wage and cannot afford to make any less. Thank you in advance for taking the time to respond, and if you didn't respond, thank you anyway for reading.
"if you found your laughin' place, how come you ain't laughin'."https://www.facebook.com/calicoaster1/

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
You would most likely need a degree in some form of engineering.

I would love to go to IAPPA and try to get an internship of some sort.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Return to Theme Park Employment