Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Fun Spot America possibly adding a Dark Ride and Coaster?

Fun Spot America possibly adding a Dark Ride and Coaster?

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
Just read this article from the Orlando Weekly about Fun Spot adding Live Entertainment along with a new "Old Florida" section, and in the fourth paragraph, it mentions some possible new attractions for the near future, most notably a dark ride and a roller coaster.

Fun Spot recently added new live in-park entertainment at their I-Drive area location. The new puppet and live character entertainment is akin to the Citizens of Hollywood at Hollywood Studios. The new characters are provided by local improv company, Power2Improv. Currently they are only there on Saturdays but other days should be added soon.

The new characters are part of a live children???s show and provide some in-queue entertainment for guests. The addition is interesting as Fun Spot currently features free admission with a per-ride ticketing system. Fun Spot in recent years has been promoting their all day passes and season passes. The online fan community has in recent months speculated that a small admission fee may help security at the park, which did see a shooting earlier this year.

The new live entertainment is part of a larger expansion that Fun Spot is planning. They announced a new water park in 2011 but the area that was planned for the water park recently saw the addition of Gator Spot. At the time of the water park plans also called for moving the Ferris Wheel to the top of the entrance plaza building, a move that was later cancelled as well. The long term plans for the property also included a dinner theater at one point. The dinner theater is now rumored to include the new Power2Improv characters.

Recently new signage in the park stated a new ???Old Florida District??? themed district would be added to where the water park was originally announced. While no new details have been released the Gator Spot area next door can give us a good idea of what the new area will look like. Among the new additions for the new area it will likely include a new dark ride themed to a trip to Florida. The Florida themed dark ride is part of the larger focus on keeping guest in the park during the afternoon rain showers. Other new rides are rumored to include a second roller coaster, a Dumbo-style spinner and a log flume. The roller coaster will be taller than the other two but with a short ride time. A new hotel is also rumored to be added to the park in the coming years.

The water park will now likely be part of the 12 acre addition across Fun Spot Way from the current park. The water park is still in the plans but the timeline has been pushed back. It is now on track to open around the time of Wet ???n Wild???s closure.

Sadly none of these additions or rumored additions has been announced for Fun Spot Kissimmee. The live entertainment may make its way to that park if the Orlando park test proves popular. The only other strong rumor for that park is of a larger buy-out by Fun Spot of Old Town, which sits next door.

http://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/arch ... a-district

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
I hope this comes true and I hope its a hyper gtx coaster

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I'm calling the Hyper GT-X
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

I'm actually pretty impressed with these plans for expansion. When I lived in Florida, I visited Fun Spot back when it was just an FEC (although a good one), and now they've become a good small amusement park. :)

I wouldn't expect the coaster to be anything too expensive. Maybe it could be a Hyper GT-X, Premier Sky Loop, Eurofighter, or something else similar.

Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
please don't be aa premier sky loop

That would actually be a really good addition to the park. Those rides are great.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

^
There are only two others (soon to be three) in the entire country. That's not very many compared to other kinds of clones (Batman clones, Boomerangs, SLCs, etc.).

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
deere839 wrote:
^no there not theres already to many in the usa

Apparently 3 coasters is too much. Even though these are a lot better than an SLC and there are currently about 13 of them running in the USA. :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Judging from attractions they have, El Loco might be added. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
VF15 wrote:
The roller coaster will be taller than the other two but with a short ride time.

This Screams shuttle coaster to me.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
theres to many of those to

I agree with the SLC's but with Vekoma's new trains and track design I would love to see more. Boomerangs are huge crowd pleasers because the GP absolutely love the forwards and backwards elements (which might explain why people still ride Goliath at SFNE).

Batman clones are actually really good and don't take up as much space as a custom B&M invert they are also really forceful especially backwards and fun.

deere I've told you many times before clone does not equal bad (Vekoma is the exception, but from the park's standpoint boomerangs and SLC's are great for the GP).
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

im not sure if this is true but I hear during the opening of lightning run some fun spot people were there riding it

Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
im not sure if this is true but I hear during the opening of lightning run some fun spot people were there riding it

Aren't they both owned/operated by the same company?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I mean, why wouldn't people from fun spot be riding a coaster at another park? are they not allowed to travel? Beyond that with the exception of tempesto,(because of apollo) I think the skyloops have a positive change on a parks skyline. I can't say what they ride like as I have not been on one, but neither has the only one I've seen complaining about the skyloops.
What are these for?

usually you see some higher ups go to other parks to see how well the ride does to see if they would want to build one

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I mean any moment can be a possible business decision, but people are allowed to have fun too
What are these for?

Paradox User avatar

I agree but deere does have a point for once. Kennywood actually rode Wicked at Lagoon before building Sky Rocket. If you look at SR's layout you will see the similarity to Wicked in the first half (Tower->overbanked turn->zero-g).

CKidd wrote:
Beyond that with the exception of tempesto,(because of apollo)

I think Tempesto's location is perfect. It does look great from the outside IMO and it looks great in the Fiesta Italia section with its vibrant colors.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I wonder if El Loco needs a larger space than Tempesto (which Deere is pointing out) does. ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

this is where they got to expand for right now

but I hear they bought some of this land here right now they added a gravel lot for now

Last edited by deere839 on July 21st, 2015, 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
they bout

How does one "bout"?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!