Board index Off Topic Board Off Topic Discussion The Grammar Nazi Thread

The Grammar Nazi Thread

Here, anything goes. Talk about anything that you would like to talk about!

Post July 20th, 2015, 1:33 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Okay so this thread will be used whenever someone sees someone else post something with bad grammar. If you do post something make sure you know how to correct the bad grammar.

Sorry deere this thread is somewhat directed towards you but I'm really getting tired of your horrible grammar. It makes all of your posts even more confusing than they already are and it annoys many other people on this site.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 20th, 2015, 3:33 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Yeah good luck with that. This kind of thing has been attempted here in the past lol. And deere is an especially outstanding case. He doesn't care what you think about it.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post July 20th, 2015, 4:41 pm
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,602.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Paradox wrote:
Okay, so this thread will be used whenever someone sees someone else post something with bad grammar. If you do post something, make sure you know how to correct the bad grammar.

Sorry deere, this thread is somewhat directed towards you but I'm really getting tired of your horrible grammar. It makes all of your posts even more confusing than they already are and it annoys many other people on this site.

I think one should lead by example. With that said, I fixed your post. See the red commas you failed to use.

Now, back to the issue I have with these type of posts. While I do enjoy a good laugh and poke at some of the grammar and spelling mistakes people make, one must understand that some people really can't help themselves. You never know when one might just be dyslexic or have some other type of learning disability. They really can't write any better even if they try. Do correct grammar/spelling mistakes in the topics you see them, but do it in a respectful manner.

I am aware many of these can be aggravating as you have to try and figure out what that person is trying to say. Let us not turn CC into the shithole that other websites have become.

Thank you,
Oscar
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Return to Off Topic Discussion