Board index Roller Coaster Games No Limits Coaster 2 things I've been curious about.....

2 things I've been curious about.....

Discuss anything involving No Limits Coaster Simulation.

Post August 23rd, 2015, 11:22 am

Points on hand: 144.00 Points
Hello. Now that I've got my NL2 sorted (thanks to this website!), I plan to convert my 600+ NL1 coasters into NL2 (long term project!) I've enjoyed NL1 a great deal, and whilst I can't profess to be an expert on every feature, I learnt enough to suit my own needs, so to speak. However, there were two very minor issues that used to bug me a little. The are largely academic now, but in case anyone could satisfy my curiosity by giving me a quick answer, it would be nice to know before I "close the door" on NL1:-

1. Sometimes my coaster would run in brilliant sunshine (even with a realistic sun "glare" circle in the middle of the screen), and other times the sky would look much duller. I never understood why. Changing the run-time parameters to sunny sky made no difference. All I could think of is that maybe the choice of wood/supports and terrain (i.e. the colors of them) influenced the brightness of the whole environment? (This is probably nonsense, ha ha!)

2. Sometimes I tried to insert a bit of scenery, e.g. a building. I'd download one from the web, in ".3ds" format, but every time I tried to incorporate it into my coaster, it would be about a tenth of the size I wanted! I couldn't find any option in NL1 to enlarge it, so I'm guessing once had to process it first through some model-editing software? If so, which programs did people find worked best (for NoLimits purposes)?

Many thanks!

Post August 23rd, 2015, 11:39 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I've yet to reinstall NL2 after completely reinstalling my computer however off the top of my head:

1. NL2 does have a day / night cycle - not sure if this is whats happening?

2. If you double click the scenery object you should be able to scale it (make sure you scale in the X,Y and Z) appropriatly!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 24th, 2015, 11:06 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
DaveWNL wrote:
Hello. Now that I've got my NL2 sorted (thanks to this website!), I plan to convert my 600+ NL1 coasters into NL2 (long term project!)

8-) (Keep fingers crossed.)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post August 24th, 2015, 2:00 pm

The questions I had related to NL1. (I can well imagine there will be a lot more customizing options in NL2 when I get to grips with it!)

Post August 25th, 2015, 4:36 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Yep, I see that now - my mistake didn't read it properly!

As far as I can remember - the little cyan blue handle should control scale on objects in NL when you select them. If you're going to rescale the object in modelling software you'll need something that'll export into .3ds filetype. Sketchup had problems in NL with black material faces so I used to use Anim8or. Blender would no doubt work just as well if you're familiar with that product.

Environment stuff - no idea, sounds like a bug to me.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post August 31st, 2015, 10:30 am

Aaah, thanks for that! I see now that the blue spot DOES affect the size! Before, it had only seemed to rotate it this way and that, but it may have been my clumsiness, whatever..... ; ) Anyway, I only intend to use a very few basic, simplistic things (e.g. buildings), just to give a bit of variation from trees really, but if I find that it adds to much to the total size of things, I won't go overboard on it.

Return to No Limits Coaster