Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Blase Rhine and TTD03: MidStates Tour 2015! PICS POSTED

Blase Rhine and TTD03: MidStates Tour 2015! PICS POSTED

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

^Of course you can compare which is simply better, despite their obvious differences. I personally don't care but the two giga coasters most people compare are I305 and F325 for some reason, probably because most people think they are the best ones. And yeah, though I don't care about travel method (I can stand roadtrips) the prices are pretty high, that's the reason I haven't done one yet.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I really want to go on an ECC trip, but I don't live in Europe and cannot afford one lol.

You would have to pay me to go on a TPR tour.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Paradox wrote:
Coaster Hero wrote:
I like how you compared I305 to F325 because there's a lot of debate on which is better.

Yea I don't understand why there is debate over them. If they were both Intamins then yes I could understand, but you are comparing two different companies with two unique styles and rides that are not like each other at all.

I never understood why enthusiasts need to make a big deal out of which ride is better. They are both fun rides and at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

Coaster Hero wrote:
I've been wanting to go on a Thrillcoaster Tour for a while and it sounds like it's a lot of fun.

They look pretty good but I utterly despise bus/car travel. The trips are also very pricey.

Not trying to advertise the company (or am I)
This trip was $2,795.

That $2,795 paid for:
  • 3 meals a day: 1 hotel meal, 1 park meal, 1 restaurant meal
  • All transportation from the parks
  • 8 days in nice, clean hotels (Springhill Suites by Marriot)
  • All admission costs to the parks.

All said and done, its costs 1 person 3 days at Disneyworld to spend that kind of money, so to get a trip that is 3X longer seems like a killer deal!

And trying to not give away too much about next year's tours, but maybe #northoftheborder, #southernstudios, and #tct2016 should give you some clues :)

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

75 photos have been added to this post. The trip report is pretty much done, with the exception of some extra photos on Blase's phone.

Points on hand: 4,765.00 Points

I'd suggest you visit Holiday World during HWN next time. The fastest operation of any park you will ever see and all 3 woodies run insane at night. I'm surprised you found Legend rough. When I visited earlier this year my friends and I all thought it was running the best out of the three. Smooth and insane laterals. Voyage was smooth too, save for one bad ride out of my ~20, but the brakes hurt it leaving Legend as my favorite at the park just as it was when I visited in 2007 as well. Raven was running great too but it just can't match the intensity of the other two. Legend is my #2 wood behind Boulder Dash and it's very close to being my #1, Voyage is my #3, and Raven bumped up about 5 spots for me.

Glad to hear you liked Thunderbird though, I thought I would hate it and ended up loving it.

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Thanks kyle for including this wonderful photo of me... :lol:

Side story: I didn't want to go on Escape from pompei because I didn't want to be wet... Well I was sorta forced to go on it. I sat in a row with a person who was a tad bigger than the rest of us so the bar wouldnt go down far. We went down the drop and I came out of my seat a little and got hit by the huge wave of water.... This was my face due to that experience...
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Haha. Guess I didn't see that when going through all the photos. Was very funny though :lol:

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

That photo is amazing :lol: . You're reaction is hilarious! Everyone else is smiling and having a good time and then there's that one guy in the middle
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Blase Rhine wrote:
To be honest, we didn't have much time to do the park. Only 8 hours.

When I went I had like 2 hours. Just got in all coasters before a thunderstorm ruined the entire day. And I think I've even seen more of the park than you guys have with 8 hours :lol:
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Stormy situations do ruin all ride times! Oh speaking of storm types, a sandstorm is expected anytime at Ferrari World...

;) + :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Previous

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports