Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Over Georgia 2016- New Kiddie Lands

Six Flags Over Georgia 2016- New Kiddie Lands

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

AUSTELL, Ga. ??? A redesigned roller coaster, family water war, Batcopers and the 65-foot Superman Tower of Power will await guests to Six Flags next year.

Six Flags Over Georgia announced the all-new DC Super Friends themed area and the all-new Bugs Bunny Boomtown for the 2016 season Thursday.

The two new areas will feature 12 rides and attractions, several of which will be the first in the Six Flags company.
???These two new sections of the park will offer families hours and hours of fun with attractions mom, dad and the kids can experience together,??? said park president Dale Kaetzel. ???This latest expansion continues our multi-year plan to provide thrills for guests of all ages and includes the addition of Hurricane Harbor in 2014, two new devious rides in Gotham City in 2015 and other additions planned for the future.???

The original Dolphin Show area, which has remained at the park since the 1990???s, will be transformed into the epicenter for the all-new DC Super Friends kids??? area and will feature 5 new attractions, including: ?? Superman Tower of Power, which releases the dare devil in the bravest of souls throughout this 65-foot tall bouncing thrill ride; ?? The Batcopters, an opportunity to help save the City of Gotham by flying high in the sky; ?? Wonder Woman Flight School, where pilots can take flight and control their own invisible jet; ?? Harley Quinn Mirror Maze, filled with disproportioned mirrors and devious stares; and ?? The Joker Funhouse Coaster, the ultimate family thrill ride to show no fear and conquer the Super-Villain through 900 feet of track at 30 miles per hour.

The park???s current children???s area, Bugs Bunny World, will be re-themed to Bugs Bunny Boomtown and feature seven attractions, including:
?? Daffy Ducks Bucket Blasters, a wild and crazy family water battle;
?? Speedy Gonzales Speed Boats, where guests will be screaming ???Andale Andale??? on
six speed boats;
?? Bugs Bunny High Sea Adventure, a chance to fly through the air on a junior sea-worthy quest.
Construction on the project is expected to being later this month.

Source: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/entertainment ... n-t/nnXSS/
Last edited by Blase Rhine on September 3rd, 2015, 11:12 am, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: Changing for SFOG news
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post September 2nd, 2015, 11:13 pm
Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,282.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
This looks to be a great addition to the park! and it looks like the park has more good additions in its future
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

Post September 2nd, 2015, 11:15 pm

Points on hand: 1,155.00 Points
This actually sounds really awesome! Looks like one of the best family additions a I've seen from a Six Flags park!

Post September 3rd, 2015, 12:43 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points

Post September 3rd, 2015, 3:47 am

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

What's happening to all the 2016 links? They're all no longer working even though it's past 5AM
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post September 3rd, 2015, 10:42 am

Points on hand: 3,410.00 Points
Call me impatient, but that's 5 years without a new coaster. I'm guessing 2017 will have something good.

Post September 3rd, 2015, 10:44 am

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Anyone know what rides ill be able to ride in this addiction I want to try some of them in my visit.

Post September 3rd, 2015, 11:11 am
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points

Wittloc wrote:
Call me impatient, but that's 5 years without a new coaster. I'm guessing 2017 will have something good.

They said that they are in a 3 year process... First year was a waterpark, second is this, third I am going with a new coaster. Hopefully a launched coaster since we don't have one of those.

I am actually very happy with this addition! I had in my mind it was a new slide complex so this is amazing, I cant wait to see it for myself!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post September 3rd, 2015, 11:12 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
Wittloc wrote:

You're impatient. 5 years is NOT long at all unless you happen to live by SFMM.

atter1 wrote:
This actually sounds really awesome! Looks like one of the best family additions a I've seen from a Six Flags park!

More like one of the ONLY family additions I've seen from them, if not the one and only.

is it sad that i think this is the best six flags annoucements

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points

^not that excited about those 2 for some reason im excited about these rides

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^Probably because you know that you're more likely to head up to SFOG than Gadv or SFDK
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

^its just those layouts dont interest me with The Joker having a boring layout and not a amazing RMC layout and then Total mayhem will just eventually end up at every six flags park like the B&M inverts

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!