Board index Videography User Submitted General Videos Weekly Coaster Ideas (canceled)

Weekly Coaster Ideas (canceled)

Post YouTube videos of whatever you want here! Don't forget to use the YouTube forum code to embedd the videos properly.

Post October 29th, 2014, 4:44 am

Points on hand: 443.00 Points
Bank: 3,797.00 Points

EDIT: I will not be doing this anymore due to lots of school work and other more important NL2 projects and competitions going on

Weekly Coaster Ideas

---------------------------------------
Every week I will try to upload a short video of an idea I have pertaining to rollercoasters. It may be a complete coaster layout or just an element. Although the rides will be made in FVD++, my ideas will not be focused as much on trackwork, but more on creativity and uniqueness. If you have any suggestions on what I should do for a week, please tell me, because I am completely open for suggestions. Hopefully these videos might spark inspiration for your own rides, or if they don't, hopefully they are just fun to watch ;) I will try to cover a wide range of coaster styles so that many people can find inspiration for their rides. Also, every single element in these videos are free to use if you want. In fact, if you see an element you like, I encourage you to use it in your ride!

Here is the first video in the series

Make sure to like, comment, and subscribe!!!

Please note that videos may not come exactly weekly. They might be a little earlier or later than a week considering that I have other priorities than just NL2. It is only called weekly because that is the normal rate I will try to release videos. If I have some videos ready though, I will certainly release multiple videos in a week.
Last edited by TheCoasterMan589 on October 13th, 2015, 7:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Favorite Coasters- MF, GateKeeper, El Toro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Maverick, Nitro, Raptor, Hydra

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Sweet, didn't see anything like the is coming! Nice job! Will post around to get the word out!
Thanks for doing this!

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
TCM589, just go for it! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Here is episode #2.

These Videos are so fun to make!
Favorite Coasters- MF, GateKeeper, El Toro, Kingda Ka, TTD, Maverick, Nitro, Raptor, Hydra

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points

What do you mean? I am using things that I have built myself, not other people's stuff. I could make a jet coaster though ;)

I'm pumped for the next video. It will be my first woodie and I think it is pretty good. I might even completely finish the ride and release it :)

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
All I can say about that woodie is holy poop that looks amazing

Video #3 is out.
I might need to change the name of this video series because I cant stop posting these videos! It should be more like "Daily Coaster Ideas" :lol:

I decided to just leave a raw POV because I don't want to completely reveal what it looks like offride so that winning the challenge (which I posted below the video) will be more of a prize.

Here is a little challenge for you. The first person to guess the height of the drop of this coaster within 5 feet gets to be the first person to test. Let the guessing begin...

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
I'll go with 235 feet
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points

Right on the money Bouncypip11! That was faster then I expected. Do you want the link to test???

Fun Fact: With a top speed of 77 MPH and a drop of ~205 ft., it would be the tallest and fastest wooden coaster ever.

Points on hand: 3,436.00 Points
Bank: 1,275.00 Points

^Check your PM

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Thanks!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Video #4 Is out

I personally think this is my best idea yet. It is super intense, is really fast, and has a great mixture of elements. What do you think?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
@TCM589: If you strike the word "weekly" you can still use this thread! Time to bump! :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to User Submitted General Videos