Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Halloween Fright Nights - Walibi Holland - 18 October 2015

Halloween Fright Nights - Walibi Holland - 18 October 2015

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Halloween Fright Nights - 18 October 2015

It's the time of the year again. A bunch of gruesome actors and mazes have been placed in the park for a good fun Halloween Horror Experience. These events always pull the biggest crowds throughout the entire country and tickets are only available online. For me as a seasonal pass holder it's a yearly occurrence on visiting them.

This year we've received 3 new scarezones with only 1 scarezone being replaced. Adding the count of scarezones up to 7 areas in the park! The park also features 4 haunted houses which requires an entry fee and one single walkthrough which is free of charge. In overall, plenty of horror throughout the park.

I arrived somewhere around 3-ish in the park. Knowing the Halloween event starts around 6pm. I've had some time to get used to my camera again. (I really need to use it more often.)

Img_8924.jpg
As with pretty much any event in Walibi. It's extremely crowded in the park. Queues around 90 minutes are pretty common on these days.

Img_8933.jpg

Img_8937.jpg

IMG_8986.JPG
With these crowds on the coasters. I took the time to finally check out that new 4D movie the park had. Pretty nice movie, but I still prefer the older one. This one misses a huge chunk of storyline.

Img_8990.jpg
Slowly all the areas start to open up. Still about an hour left until all actors arrive though...

Img_8994.jpg

Img_9003.jpg

Img_9005.jpg

Img_9007.jpg

Img_9015.jpg

Img_9028.jpg

Img_9036.jpg

IMG_9041.JPG
Theming elements on the mainstage. They sure are happy. :lol:

I started off in one of the new scarezones: Hellfire. The name pretty much explains it, all demons from hell are roaming around here. I really loved the grime and masks. Looked really good. :)
Img_9048.jpg

Img_9058.jpg

Img_9061.jpg

Img_9090.jpg

Img_9094.jpg

Img_9101.jpg

Img_9113.jpg

After this I continued to another new area: Game Over. Lovely scarezone with probably the best music all around. A huge playlist of awesome remixes from a lot of games! Too bad it was pretty dark in this area so it was extremely hard to capture various actors in their act.

Img_9125.jpg

Img_9128.jpg

Img_9129.jpg

No Halloween is now-a-days complete without Zombies. So I'd introduce to you: Quarantine. It has some references back to Left4Dead as well.

IMG_9140.JPG

Img_9148.jpg

IMG_9150.JPG

Img_9153.jpg

Img_9155.jpg
Back to the mainstage in the center of the park. A show in the theme of the 3rd and final new scarezone should start soon. Twisted, the scarezone is a bit in theme of the doms and subs in the BDSM culture. But for what I've seen in this zone, didn't even come close.

Img_9183.jpg

Img_9188.jpg

Img_9197.jpg
The show itself is pretty much our Halloween Horror Clown being bored and want to be entertained by the doms and subs. After little fireshow and some lame angle grinder action on a few metal plates, he's disappointed and finishes off with a too obvious magic trick and it's over. Imo since 2008 the shows have gone backwards on real horror. Good thing that the rest of the event is top notch.

IMG_9248.JPG

IMG_9250.JPG
Near the boomerang they had a nice square with a DJ booth playing music. The music was nice and such but there were so many people just partying over there. Apparently people go to themeparks for clubbin'. :lol:

IMG_9264.JPG
Up next was a scarezone they had last year placed in the mainstreet: Things. The new location didn't do really good to me. Too few room for the Things to play around with their victims.

IMG_9267.JPG

Img_9272.jpg

Img_9275.jpg

Img_9285.jpg

IMG_9290.JPG

When exiting this scarezone you're pretty close near one of the Haunted House which I had a ticket from. The park works with timeslots for when you can enter the queue of that certain Haunted House. This system has been close to perfected throughout the years. The timeslots are 30min long. I entered around the start of the timeslot the queue and in roughly 30 minutes you've exited the house again. It all goes extremely smooth. :)

The first haunted house we did is called: "The Villa". It's the oldest maze out of the 4 in the park. But it still is extremely popular. Pretty obvious because this house is a concentrated bundle of all familiar horror movies like Scream, Saw, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, Chucky and plenty more. Pretty cool to walk through various scenes from those movies.

IMG_9301.JPG
The entrance of the Free walkthrough in the park. Located in another brilliant area. The redneck area! :D I had some time to spare before I went into the 2nd and last maze for the evening. So I checked out the walkthrough.
Not much changed on last year, still a very fun walkthrough with some good scares.

IMG_9311.JPG

IMG_9348.JPG
Another DJ booth blasting out some good beats and every 30minutes a little dance show with the rednecks was on stage.

Img_9377.jpg

Img_9392.jpg

Img_9399.jpg

Img_9405.jpg

After a while it was time for the Maze. My personal favorite and also the newest maze in Walibi: Jeffersons Manor. The story goes that the family died in a mysterious way and rumors are going that they used to summon spirits, which was eventually fatal for them. A lot of extremely good scares and some brilliant techniques are used in this maze. Love it! I highly recommend this maze to anyone visiting during the fright nights.

With some time left I continued to the last scarezone: Scarecrows. Another great scarezone with very good grime and masks. I've spend pretty much all time over here until closure of the park.

IMG_9417.JPG

Img_9427.jpg

Img_9429.jpg

Img_9447.jpg

Img_9466.jpg

Img_9468.jpg

IMG_9478.JPG

IMG_9485.JPG

Img_9486.jpg

Img_9489.jpg

IMG_9493.JPG

The Halloween Fright Nights were a blast for me. Too bad I don't have any time to go at least once more before the end of the season. Otherwise I'd definitely would have done that. For the people who are interested: The fright nights are only 2 weekends left and are on 23-24-25-30-31 October and 1st of November.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
What awesome details! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
The boomerang, Goliath, and the SLC look so much better with the newer color schemes. The haunted houses looked really fun, especially the redneck one. What did you do to the lady giving you the middle finger?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Did you happen to take any pictures of the construction site for the 2016 coaster?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports