Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Holiday in the Park coming to Six Flags Great Adventure

Holiday in the Park coming to Six Flags Great Adventure

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
New Holiday in the Park????? Festival Captures the Magic of the Season at Six Flags Great Adventure

This winter, the Santa tracker will lead right to Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson. The world??????s largest theme park announced today that Six Flags Entertainment??????s annual holiday extravaganza ?????? Holiday in the Park ?????? will debut November 21 and run weekends and select days through January 3, 2016. Millions of glittering lights, dazzling holiday entertainment, delicious seasonal treats, Santa??????s village, animals and many popular rides will magically transform the summer thrill destination into a winter wonderland, and will be included with all season passes and active memberships.

Holiday in the Park will provide an escape from the hustle and bustle of the shopping rush, and a way for guests to create their own magical, memorable holiday moments. A visual feast will await just inside the gates as six areas of the park undergo a massive makeover that showcases the world??????s best holiday traditions. Each area will be an emotional journey, and bring the warmth of the season to guests in an entirely new way.

??????Holiday in the Park will be a winter spectacular on every family??????s must-do list and is included with every season pass and membership,?????? said Six Flags Great Adventure President John Fitzgerald. ??????We have invested years of research into making this the most incredible and immersive seasonal experience it can be, combining holiday traditions with thrills that are uniquely Six Flags.??????

Stunning light shows, illuminated, towering trees, the iconic smell of fresh pine and crisp peppermint filling the air and festive street vendors offering sweet and savory treats will provide a multi-sensory journey of winter delights. Kids can join Santa in his workshop and enjoy fun, hands-on crafts and activities. A new entertainment program will feature a tree lighting spectacular, grand stage production, live carolers and a nightly awe-inspiring finale. Regardless of the weather forecast, a touch of magic will ensure that snowflakes fall gently every evening.

Holiday in the Park also features nearly 30 thrilling rides such as SkyScreamer, Carousel, Big Wheel, Buccaneer, Parachutes and Tea Cups. Children can enjoy pint-sized thrills in the Adventure Seaport area. Coaster fans can conquer indoor coasters like THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster and Skull Mountain, and world-class coaster thrills like Nitro, BATMAN??????: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN ?????? Ultimate Flight, weather permitting.

Guests can create their own Holiday in the Park memories for free with a Six Flags Season Pass and active Membership. The event will be even merrier as meals are also included in the All Season Dining Plan program. More information about Holiday in the Park will be available on the web during the coming months.

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Points on hand: 5,149.54 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

It's no further North than Kennywood is, and they do holidays too.

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

This is indeed real, guys. They said there would be an a announcement today. Also, who would type that much just for an April Fool's joke?
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Points on hand: 398.00 Points
"and world-class coaster thrills like Nitro, BATMAN??????: The Ride, THE GREEN LANTERN and SUPERMAN ?????? Ultimate Flight, weather permitting."

No Kingda Ka?
WIP: In order of release priority: Nordschleife: Green Hell, unnamed B&M Floorless, unnamed Mack Launched Coaster
"I don't want to say never, because I think never is always the wrong answer." - Walter Bolliger

Coaster Hero wrote:
This is indeed real, guys. They said there would be an a announcement today. Also, who would type that much just for an April Fool's joke?

You don't know my friends

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
^^ I don't think being 400+ feet in the air would be very pleasant with our winters
What are these for?

^unless the hook up heaters as part of the train lol

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
I don't think 400' is the problem with Kingda Ka. Mechanical issues aside...consider the wind chill at 30* and 128mph wind haha. Brrrrr. I think Nitro will freeze my bones enough.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I was considering the wind at that height, but you're right the wind caused by the speed of the train would be greater.
What are these for?

Phantom's Revenge in 25 degrees was pretty bad, Ka would be so much worse :lol:

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
Yeah, though I will say, in the times I've ridden both Kingda Ka and Nitro in the cold, Nitro was actually worse because the cold lasts for over a minute with lots of wind, plus another minute at increasing elevation on the lift hill, whereas Kingda Ka is over within 35 seconds.

if I do this event I want kingda ka running lol so I can wear shorts

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

I think this Holiday in the Park will be an overall success, and I'm glad to see it coming to another Six Flags park, but considering that the park is in a northern climate, I think they might have some troubles running the outdoor coasters in December and January (at least at night).

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Remember, B&M and Intamin protocol say the coasters can't run under 40 degrees. I think this poses quite an issue.

But this is indeed real and I can't wait for the Off-season to be 2 months shorter now!

Nitro is brutal in the cold, because it's fast and a long ride. Kingda Ka will be even colder. 128 mph in brisk temperatures, not to mention the wind that high up and the fact that it's slightly colder up there? Ouch. I'd still do it though :lol: I can't wait.

^The offseason blues just got a lot better now! Also, that 40 degree requirement is not mandatory for themeparks to follow in NJ (No law against it) . It is in Pennsylvania (Parks have to listen to the manufacturer's requirements), which is why Hershey's coasters are closed during the winter.
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Good to know lol, means SF will just not follow the rules at all!

On another note, my good friend Jason in marketing at Great Adventure pranked the person who did all the early morning press release crap for HITP! He also pranks the park President!
Funny video and sums up pretty much what Six Flags corporate does at Great Adventure!

VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Coaster Hero wrote:
Nitro is brutal in the cold, because it's fast and a long ride. Kingda Ka will be even colder. 128 mph in brisk temperatures, not to mention the wind that high up and the fact that it's slightly colder up there? Ouch. I'd still do it though :lol: I can't wait.

I doubt that they'll be running Kingda Ka during Holiday in the Park just because the circumstances might not allow it. I'm actually surprised that they're willing to run the B&Ms in December and January because of all the factors working against these rides in the cold weather.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I am almost certain Nitro and Superman won't make it.
I have a video showing Nitro barely making it through the course, and this was just a few days ago and 55 degrees. How will it do at 25?

The trains got refurbished, and more importantly the wheels were replaced, and you know what happens with new wheels. I noticed when I went on it was crawling through the course, but once the wheels break in it will return to its normal speed and pacing.
It's been a long time

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Update on this: A full list of open rides has been released. No surprise here, but no Ka, Zu, Toro, or Bizarro open. Also, Skull Mountain is being renamed as Poinsettia Peak for Holiday in the Park!

Also, access a full park map of Holiday in the Park here!

Open Rides:
  • Air Jumbo
  • Air Safari
  • BATMAN: The Ride
  • Big Wheel
  • Buccaneer
  • Bugaboo
  • Bugs Bunny Barnstormer
  • Bugs Bunny Camp Carousel
  • Bugs Bunny National Park Water Tower
  • Bugs Bunny Ranger Pilots
  • Carousel
  • Daffy???s Deep Diver
  • Daffy???s Hot Air Balloons
  • Dare Devil Dive
  • D??j?? Vu
  • Fender Benders
  • Gingerbread Twist
  • GREEN LANTERN
  • Holly Jolly Roger
  • Houdini???s Great Escape
  • Jumpin Joey
  • Nitro
  • Pepe Le Pew???s Hearts Aweigh
  • Poinsettia Peak
  • Raja???s Rickshaw
  • Road Runner Railway
  • Safari Tours
  • SkyScreamer
  • Slingshot
  • SUPERMAN: Ultimate Flight
  • Sky Zooma
  • Taz???s Tornado
  • THE DARK KNIGHT Coaster
  • Twister
Closed Rides:
  • Bizarro
  • Blackbeard???s Lost Treasure Train
  • Bugs Bunny National Park
  • El Diablo
  • El Toro
  • Great American Road Race
  • Jumpin??? Joey
  • Kingda Ka
  • Parachute Training Center: Edwards AFB
  • Raja???s Rickshaws
  • Rockwall
  • Runaway Mine Train
  • Safari Off Road Adventure
  • Safari Tours
  • Skyway
  • Soaring Eagle
  • Splashwater Oasis
  • Swashbuckler
  • Tango
  • Wile E. Coyote Canyon Blaster
  • Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom
  • All water attractions

Safari Tours is listed as being both open and closed, so if I had to guess, I will say it's probably closed)

Full info here:
https://holiday.sixflags.com/greatadven ... tractions/

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
So dang lazy that they put "all water attractions" rather than listing the park's two water rides. lol
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I think it's great that they're trying it out. I'd love to take a spin on batman, superman, or nitro during the "off season".

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!