Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Country Singer Kenny Rogers To Build Theme Park in Georgia

Country Singer Kenny Rogers To Build Theme Park in Georgia

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
few months ago, Kenny Rogers announced plans to retire after a world tour in 2016 and open some sort of entertainment/theme park in the Atlanta-area called Kenny World.

The Sandy Springs resident recently chatted with England???s The Guardian newspaper about his current Christmas tour and unveiled a few more details about his next career move.

Rogers said next year???s tour will be the last fans will see of him as a musician, but ???40 miles north of Atlanta, on an island, [will be] Kennyland or Kenny World. It???s going to be something really special.???

Rogers also said the project would be similar to Dollywood, but ???more high-tech???We are doing a SXSW theme, where singers and songwriters will want to come here. We have an avatar of me on the stage.???

In the interview, Rogers, who hasn???t announced those final tour dates yet, also shared his political beliefs and expressed his support of Donald Trump.

???I really like him,??? Rogers said. ???I think his problem is that he says what everyone wants to hear, but he doesn???t say it well. I love what he says, I have to admit. He can be president and not owe anybody anything; he???s one of the few people has the money to do it, and has the guts to do it. You???re biting off a lot by doing that. He believes everything he says: whether he???s right or not, he says what everybody fears.???

Source: http://music.blog.ajc.com/2015/12/22/kenny-rogers-talks-atlanta-area-theme-park-support-of-donald-trump/

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
So another Kennywood in Georgia? Has he realized he will never beat Dolly lol?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

^ you know there good friends and have done many duets together got a feeling it will be as good as dollywood

Paradox User avatar

Nah as long as it isn't owned by Herschend it won't be as good as Dollywood lol.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
As a person currently living in GA:

Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

^but hes a great singer and im willing to drive there to go to it

Paradox User avatar

deere839 wrote:
^but hes a great singer and im willing to drive there to go to it

Just because he's a good singer doesn't mean the park will be amazing or that everything that the park adds will be amazing. Sky Rocket is an excellent example of this.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 4,748.89 Points
The next Hard Rock park, Kenny Rogers land! Doomed to fail but we'll still try anyways!
Mind Bender at SFOG is pretty great
Check out my WIP thread
Currently working on Thunderbolt, a second generation Schwarzkoph.

^You never know right now the ecconomy is doing great lower gas prices from when Hard rock Park and he does well in the south i got a feeling this is the next big boom of parks

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!