Board index Public Relations Introductions Howdy to all!!!

Howdy to all!!!

Say hi to the crowd of CoasterCrazians!

Post December 28th, 2015, 12:33 am

Points on hand: 204.00 Points
Hello. I am new (duh) and just purchased NoLimts 2. I have designed and built train layouts since I was 8. Several of them have been features in model train magazines back in the 80's. I have designed coasters (on paper) since I was in 5th grade. (way back in the 70's...lol) I got really into it in 7th grade when we had a drafting class. When I got my degree in Aeronautical Engineering my final project in one of the advanced fluid dynamics classes was an improved style coaster train. I have played and designed coasters in all of the Roller Coaster Tycoon games. I was playing tycoon 3 and decided to do a search for any new coaster programs. I found NoLimits 2. Started looking at youtube videos and was addicted. Bought it after about the 15th video I watched LOL.

I have started creating my own first coaster. And of course, I can't do anything simple...it's huge!!!! But, I'm learning a lot from it simply because of its size. It will probably NOT win any awards, but I'm having a ball doing it. I'm sure that when done and I take a video of it many people will find many flaws in it. That's ok... I am a chef now and I learned more by screw ups I made creating food than I ever did just following any recipes...

Glad I have found this place and I have already found answers to a couple questions here. So I thought I would join...

A bit about me... I am 48, live in Cincinnati Ohio USA area...and as I said I am a professional chef. I am engaged to an amazing Filipina (getting married when I go back there again later this year) and hope to move there permanently in the next couple years and open a restaurant serving American and world cuisine. I am a drummer in a Christian rock band and have played as a studio drummer for several Christian and country artists. I have 3 kids and 3 grandkids.

Post December 28th, 2015, 6:23 am
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Welcome to CoasterCrazy!
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post December 28th, 2015, 6:24 am

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,263.00 Points

Post December 28th, 2015, 10:31 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,572.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

Welcome! I'm glad this site has helped you find some answers you were looking for. Feel free to post any questions you may have as I am confident the members here will help you out. :)
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post December 28th, 2015, 11:06 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Welcome to noobland!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post December 28th, 2015, 2:54 pm

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
Greetings and Welcome Greg! If you have any questions or need any help with building or how to use NL2 just let me know, I would be glad to help.
Plantoris

Post December 28th, 2015, 9:38 pm

Points on hand: 2,442.00 Points
Welcome fellow Ohioan!
valravn derailed and killed tony clark rip in peace

Post December 29th, 2015, 1:57 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
I say welcome aboard! 8-)

ChefGregS wrote:
I have started creating my own first coaster. And of course, I can't do anything simple...it's huge!!!! But, I'm learning a lot from it simply because of its size. It will probably NOT win any awards, but I'm having a ball doing it. I'm sure that when done and I take a video of it many people will find many flaws in it. That's ok... I am a chef now and I learned more by screw ups I made creating food than I ever did just following any recipes...

You may be able to win at least a bronze medal. It depends on how "active" per week the Track Exchange is. Try your hand at creating what you like most.

Hope that you like this forum more! :D
Last edited by lol240 on December 29th, 2015, 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post December 29th, 2015, 2:14 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
The most important thing in no limits is to enjoy yourself! So I'm glad your already doing that. Welcome to the site!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post December 29th, 2015, 9:23 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Hello and welcome to the site!
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post December 29th, 2015, 5:08 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Welcome to the site! I hope you enjoy your time here and its always nice to see new faces! Let us know if you ever need anything! :)
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post December 29th, 2015, 5:41 pm

Points on hand: 6,184.00 Points
Welcome

Don't rush your designs, take your time. There are lots of videos out there and here to help you.
Don't let people get to you if they give u a bad review, learn from their words and move on.

Cheers

Post December 30th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
@ChefGregS: Revisit this page if you want to browse positive feedbacks from us. :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Introductions