Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Storm Runner Getting New Restraints at Hersheypark 2016!

Storm Runner Getting New Restraints at Hersheypark 2016!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
This just in! Storm Runner is getting the I305 and Maverick harnesses next year! This should greatly improve the roughness factor of the coaster! I do hope Kingda Ka is next, as it needs it!

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Awesome. Planning to hit it up this summer anyway, that's great news. I hope they announce that Fahrenheit will get it too. Frankly it could use them just as much.

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Am i the only one who doesn't mind the old ones?
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Out of all the coasters at Hershey, they felt that Storm Runner needed modifications the most?
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I'm willing to bet all Intamins will get the vest restraints once they approach that maintenance cycle in their lifetime.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
I'm willing to bet all Intamins will get the vest restraints once they approach that maintenance cycle in their lifetime.

Yeah I agree the replacement is a life cycle issue rather than an improvement issue.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Points on hand: 2,837.21 Points
Bank: 6,969.69 Points
As a tall guy, the old restraints on Storm Runner were barely noticeable, but Intamin's vests as seen on I305 are the worst. After a ride or two it's really hard to enjoy that coaster given the pressure on your collarbone combined with the rubbing from laterals. An unfortunate change to an excellent ride for me. Here's hoping they made some improvements over those on I305. Also noteworthy is they changed the straps on Kingda Ka (to a similar but more restrictive design) and it went from barely noticeable to very uncomfortable. Apparently 6'3" is too tall for even some newer, high profile coasters. :/

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!