Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Cedar Point removing Shoot the Rapids

Cedar Point removing Shoot the Rapids

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post February 21st, 2016, 9:33 am
Mikey User avatar
Site Admin
Site Admin

Points on hand: 6,049.50 Points

Insurmountable Never-ending Trouble Arising from Mechanical Idiocracy and Negligence

Post February 21st, 2016, 10:26 am
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
I've also read that Cedar Point will be removing Skyscraper and Challenge Racing from the Challenge Park before the season begins. This seems like a sign that the Challenge Park could be on its way out for a Soak City expansion.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/inde ... 016_i.html

Post February 21st, 2016, 10:48 am

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Soak City has been neglected for years, I'll be surprised if they bother adding anything to it. Honestly I can see them just removing the entire place for more land for the park.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post February 21st, 2016, 11:01 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/inde ... 016_i.html

If I was giving the "Ride Warriors" tour I'd totally run a group of screaming children through the areas with the most spiders.

I'm wondering if the Go Kart and Skyscraper replacements (I don't see why they wouldn't get replaced) will end up filling in the place Shoot the Rapids leaves behind. I did find it odd they stuck Slingshot in where they did, but if part of the long term plan was to axe Ripcord and the Go Karts it makes more sense to me.

Then again the park is without a log flume now which is kind of needed during the summer. Perhaps one of those Mack things would do the trick? Hell it could use some of the same trenches.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Previous

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!