Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Trip Reports Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report - 3/7/16

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Trip Report - 3/7/16

Visited a theme park and have a wild time?!? Post your trip report here and tell us all about it!

Post March 13th, 2016, 11:42 am

Points on hand: 6,575.00 Points

My cousin was graduating the Navy this past week. I woke up on Monday morning and decided to go. I went alone, but had a great time. Below are my reviews of rides, shows and overall.

RIDES

Batman: The Ride
-Rides: 8; Forward and Backward; both sides
-Comments: This ride was amazing. Very disorienting. If no one noticed, each side is different. The 'seat spin fins' are placed in different places on each side. I thought it was fine but heard several people say it was 'too much' for them.

Boomerang
-Rides: 1; Backseat
-Comments: Why did I do that to myself... Although I will say I prefer the updated train styles (@Carowinds).

Iron Rattler
-Rides: 8; Front, Back and Middle
-Comments: My first RMC. Very forceful and very smooth. Contrary to POV videos, it did NOT slow at the top of the lift. Sent the trains screaming down the first drop. The ride pacing is obviously interesting being built on the side of a cliff, but it makes it all the better. This ride is now in my top 10 at #7.

Pandemonium
-Rides: 1
-Comments: My first Gerstlauer spinner. Overall a very fun ride. I caught myself giggling??? anyway. Only able to ride once because I went to the park by myself and required 3 people later in the day. More comments on that below.

Poltergeist
-Rides: 3; Front and Back
-Comments: Been on Flight of Fear (KI and KD), but it was nice to really see the head choppers. Great Ride.

Road Runner Express
-Rides: 1; Back
-Comments: Fun little layout but was extremely rough. I???m talking Mean Streak was smooth as glass compared to this. I???m honestly wondered if there was a bad wheel.

Superman: Krypton Coaster
-Rides: 2
-Comments: Love the first drop on this ride. Nice slow turn and bank off the cliff into a forceful layout. My favorite part of the ride was the turn on and off the cliff (post loop). The banking dive back off the cliff was amazing. Very fun ride.

Scream
-Rides: 3
-Comments: Fun, however I haven???t been on a S&S tower ride that did both shot and drop. I do have to say I prefer this version to the ???one trick pony??? types.

SHOWS

A little pre explanation. I was obviously judging every detail of the shows. This is how this industry has taught me. These reviews are coming from a resort composer, arranger and performer.

Memphis to Motown ??? 4/10
I understand I didn???t go to the park during peak season but I wasn???t impressed with this show or the performance. This show featured 7 vocalists and a backtrack; this was your basic playlist show. The vocalists seemed reserved and didn???t sing to their full potential. It almost seemed like the show was above their heads. I hate to sound harsh and maybe it was just a rough run, but it was not good at all. Near the end of the show a few of the vocalists seemed a little more comfortable and tried to riff??? Several times in the wrong key. I???m not sure who or where the techs were placed but the balance was way waaaaaaay off.

Vinyl Countdown ??? 7/10
I was about 3 minutes late to this show because a park employee told me the wrong theater. I sat pretty far back but the venue was awesome for a theme park. This was a little better than the first show I saw. This is a combined show with multiple casts. I was entertained throughout most of the show; although this was another basic playlist show. I would suggest this show to people trying to get out of the rain or trying to see a show. Some performers were very good; some were out of breath from when I sat down to until the end. You could hear it in their voices and it ruined some songs; however overall a good show.

#ipop ??? 9/10
Now this was a great show. Your typical playlist show however, the performers were fantastic. The band was top notch. The vocalist were laying it out on the stage and it made it all the more enjoyable. This is the type of show I expect with a resort. I highly suggest this show to anyone who visits this park.

OVERALL
This park has a nice collection of rides and attractions. The newly refurbished boardwalk looks fantastic and the 3 new rides have been installed. I didn???t get many pics as my phone was in a locker at the time I walked through. Operations was above my Six Flags expectations, however still has much room to improve. Most rides were only running one train, however it was ok as the park was DEAD. A few of my biggest operation stand point pet-peeves were:
-Iron Rattler: Ran 2 trains all day however, midday only loaded one train even when a line formed. There were no mechanical issues, just laziness. I know because I asked.
-Batman: Operations on a rainy day is terrible on this ride. A minimum of 3 people per side was required to run and since it???s a dual loading station with 4 trains we had to wait for 12 people to dispatch. I understand that; but when you make people leave a line because there are only 45 minutes until closing, that upset me.
-Pandemonium: I went to the park alone. I understand they must adjust loading procedures when weather changes. Telling me I can???t join a group that is trying to re-ride is not cool. I obviously came in line alone, telling me I can???t ride rather than letting me take an open seat is just not right.
-Then there was the professionalism throughout the park. Talking to other ride hosts and not checking seats. Stuff like that. To the point of train stacking for minutes at a time.
The park was not very clean in many sections and trash cans overflowing. I noticed 5 cleaning attendants throughout my 6 hours at the park.
I definitely enjoyed my visit. The few food vendors I talked to had a smile and always greeted me. I can???t say the same for the rest of the park. I would recommend this park to families and thrill seekers.
I give this park a 7.5/10

1.jpg

BM1.jpg

BM2.jpg

BM3.jpg

BM4.jpg

BM5.jpg

BW.jpg

IR1.jpg
IR1.jpg (17.27 KiB) Viewed 2321 times

IR2.jpg

IR3.jpg

IR4.jpg

MW1.jpg

MW2.jpg

POLT.jpg

SM1.jpg

SM2.jpg

SM3.jpg

Show.jpg

#IPOP.jpg

ME.jpg
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August
https://www.facebook.com/TrumpetDMR

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I am truly jealous of you. Iron Rattler is a gift from the gods.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

It. Is. Amazing. I now get the RMC hype.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Glad you had fun! I had fun too today at Great Adventure! Not open yet, but the construction tour of The Joker was fun!

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
I forgot their B:TR clone is Goliath, and B:TR there is the S&S prototype thing. I thought they were running 1 train backwards and 1 forwards on a standard B&M B:TR clone lol. Ooops. Superman and Rattler look frigging excellent IMO and I want to get out there sometime.

Magnum needs one of those glass loose article things with all of the phones that get ejected and then pulverized on the concrete at 50mph.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Goliath was down almost all day. I noticed it running loaded later in the day while riding something else on the other side of the park. I ran to the front, and it went down and didn't reopen :( I've yet to ride a Batman clone...
And yes magnum does!
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

Batman clones are useless. And San Antonio has two batman clones which should be municipally illegal. As far as I'm concerned, you dodged a bullet. I've been on 4 Batmans, and on one backwards. They're so passable it hurts.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
GerstlCrazy wrote:
Batman clones are useless. And San Antonio has two batman clones which should be municipally illegal. As far as I'm concerned, you dodged a bullet. I've been on 4 Batmans, and on one backwards. They're so passable it hurts.

I think they are forceful and fun, even more backwards, but I do agree that not every park needs one. Texas has 3 of them all pretty close to each other which is about as wrong as SFNE putting two boomerangs within 20 feet of each other.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

I think they're the most over-rated object in the universe. They're better than a lot of roller coasters- don't get me totally wrong- but as soon as it becomes something you only ride for the credit, you start to really feel it.

I would have liked to go on a clone because I never have. Boomerangs are simply credits for me now. I did appreciate the new trains in Carowinds as opposed to the older style. It was nice to be able to compare the two.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

Metazoanhaddock User avatar

Points on hand: 3,322.00 Points
Bank: 52,337.00 Points
Cedar Fair seems to be re-doing all of it's boomerang for the better. Last summer, when I rode Boomerang at Knotts with Oscar (actually convinced him to ride) It was by far the smoothest ride I'd ever had on it (Oscar can confirm). I was honestly blown away by how much they were able to reduce the discomfort usually caused by it.
Head Moderator
Director, Structural Engineer - PEAK Amusements
Site Contest Judge (Supporting)
Chatroom Admin

It's definitely a noticeable difference. I'm curious if all CF praks did that.
Cedar Point
2008-2015
--2015--
Beach Band- June-August

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Sooooo am I the only one that doesn't go for credits or care about them? I don't understand how a bunch of adults crammed into a kiddie coaster can possibly be fun.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
But the kiddie coaster like this is so fun! 8-)

-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park Trip Reports