Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area [NL2] Mack Wild Mouse (Dark Knight)

[NL2] Mack Wild Mouse (Dark Knight)

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

Post March 21st, 2016, 11:14 pm

Points on hand: 4,563.00 Points
This is a standard Mack Wild Mouse that I'm building as the Dark Knight coaster for my Great Adventure recreation. Since it's a standard Wild Mouse model it can easily be adapted for use in any park. This is the version with the lift on the left as viewed from the station, the Mirror Coaster function can be used to change it. So far, trackwork is done and I have yet to start supports. It does not have the rolling load/unload station as that would require scripting, instead it uses separate load and unload stations with quick timing.

Style: Gerstlauer Bobsled (this is the closest thing there is in NL2)

Track length: 1279.23 ft

Max Height: 50.2017 ft

Min Height: 4.38412 ft

Max Speed: 28.462 MPH

Max Pos Vert G: 3.49

Max Lat G: 1.51

Cars: 6

Capacity: 844 pph

Download here:
The Dark Knight.nl2park
(18.37 KiB) Downloaded 265 times

Post March 23rd, 2016, 12:42 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Your wild mouse track seems to pull strong vertical g's according to RCDB saying 2.5 or 3.0 is the average for that track type. Reminder: Not that I'm making compaints, but just wondering so! Props to your "skilled" trackwork that amazes people here!

Great replication! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post March 23rd, 2016, 12:29 pm

Supports are well underway. I initially tried doing them in the lattice style like the actual Dark Knight, but there was no way to get them outside the clearance envelope horizontally. So, I scrapped that and I'm doing them in the "tree" style instead. It's not as accurate but at least won't have constant clearance violations. I also added another block right before the station and one between the station and lift, and changed both stations to load/unload and set Passes on both stations to 1. This way, two cars load and unload together then dispatch together, like Maverick. This lets it run EIGHT cars smoothly and increases the capacity to an astounding (for a wild mouse) 960 PPH. The lift never slows down! I may wind up pulling the bottom of the big drop up a bit if the positive Gs are too strong, I'll look into it more.

Current progress:
Supports near the station are done, I'm working my way to the other end then doing the lift supports, then finally flanges.

The Dark Knight.nl2park
(33.69 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

Post March 23rd, 2016, 8:31 pm

Coaster is complete and will be released shortly. The standalone release gets a new color scheme, while the version included in the Great Adventure recreation as Dark Knight keeps the original black supports and track and silver cars.

Post March 24th, 2016, 10:23 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^^ Thanks for talking about loading / unloading systems, too! They are exactly what I have to care about, because I got some pieces of "technical" advice from one NL professional "Steve Benham" (That was a big surprise! Let me say that I adore his tracks!) who had gladly rated my latest steel track!

^ That "blue" track is a pretty good match for those whitish supports. :D
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Hard Hat Area