Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 What Scenery Creator Is Best For NL2?

What Scenery Creator Is Best For NL2?

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post March 29th, 2016, 11:08 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
What do people that incorporate a lot of scene objects in their NL2 packages have to say about the program they use? I'm going to start creating my own soon and I thought I would look for recommendations. I'm fairly confident in my ability to figure out how to use any 3D program but I don't know if certain ones work better for use in NL2. It doesn't need to be very fancy. OR, if there is prime location to download public packages with footers, queue stuff, paths, various fences, etc., send me that way. I want to make my own coaster name sign too, though.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post March 29th, 2016, 11:15 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Personally I use Sketchup and Blender (barely as I am learning). Sketchup is a bit much to deal with and you can find yourself rage quitting a lot if you don't know how to use it correctly :lol: I would recommend learning Blender (it has a pretty steep learning curve but is worth it in the long run) and if all else fails begin modeling with sketchup. Hope this helps!
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post March 30th, 2016, 4:34 am

Points on hand: 15,383.90 Points
SketchUp is good for buildings or general ease of use (textures are literally painted on). Blender is good for key-frame animations, anything that requires curve or array modifiers, objects that might need you to modify extensive geometry quickly, UV mapping (SketchUp can also do that but I think you need to download a plug-in), or advanced object material acrobatics that go over my head at this time. Applying textures is not as intuitive as SU.

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
I use sketch up - I've found some fairly easy methods to make handrails, steps etc. It works for me because I don't have the spare time to learn blender and sketch up to me is very intuitive (It's quite similar to CAD such as autocad and microstation I feel).
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post April 2nd, 2016, 10:37 pm

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
Is there a solid free/trial version of Sketchup that can do the basics?
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Post April 2nd, 2016, 10:57 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Blender is completely free and on steam.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Points on hand: 5,716.00 Points
Bank: 2,500.00 Points
I use Sketchup, it was very easy to pick up from watching a video tutorial.
Blender seems a bit more complicated but is a much more powerful program. Also I have learned that Blender is much better from a performance standpoint because of the way Sketchup exports the models.
Plantoris

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2