Board index Roller Coaster Games 3D Modeling Discussion Ultimate Ride Modeling Projects -

Ultimate Ride Modeling Projects -

Discuss anything related to 3D modeling from 3ds Max to Object Creator. Have a question? Get it answered here!

Post March 18th, 2016, 11:57 pm

Points on hand: 815.00 Points
I know no one actually plays Ultimate Ride games anymore, but I am doing this for myself, and while I say these are intended for Ultimate Ride, they can be available for NoLimits unless they have a polygon limits. As far as I'm concerned, Ultimate Ride games doesn't have issues with models over 90k tris, but I heard RCT games have huge issues with those. I'll leave you guys to guess what it is I'm modeling and what I am going to make for UR games and perhaps NoLimits if anyone wants.

On the side note, I am learning Industrial Design, so I don't really have much time these day.

Post March 21st, 2016, 10:36 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Maybe are you trying to create an iconic "EPCOT" building or a sphere for the dark ride? Looks pretty large! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post March 26th, 2016, 10:11 pm

lol240 wrote:
Maybe are you trying to create an iconic "EPCOT" building or a sphere for the dark ride? Looks pretty large! :)

It's going to be a prop model. The Epcot ball will be made with the original building as well as other buildings such as towers, 3 same supports like the URDC model, and so on.

This is going to be the inside. I'm going to be using just simple texture for the inside, and the outside is going to have large textures to it. URCD/URDC accepts 8192x8192 texture, so I'll use the best texture which is closest to that size. I am not going to replicate accurately as that's going to take more time, and you're going to be seeing how it's looking from the outside.

Polycount : 190K Tris in total of the model

Post March 28th, 2016, 7:20 pm

^ Keep it up! :)

Post March 29th, 2016, 8:24 pm

Well, there isn't a problem exporting to .obj. Here's my problem at the moment, I have to convert to .z3d to be able to export it for Ultimate Ride games. I know how to do that, but the problem is that I keep running into geometry problems. So, my option is now to make this mod NoLimit exclusive even though I would like to make the Epcot prop models for Ultimate Ride Disney Coaster. RCT3 is not in the option because polycount restriction.
-----------

Update : Never mind. I solved my problem and now I verified that the UVs are definitely a issue. I was having apparent UV problems in Maya viewport and I checked UVs in maya, but it looked fine. So, I went to check by after I found out how to get the model to work in zmodeler 1, and I saw UV problems.

See? This is a huge issue for me. :/

Post March 30th, 2016, 1:28 pm

I think I have found a solution.

Problem: I have to transfer the UVs 1-by-1, and ignore the problematic objects. I will UV map the problematic objects later on. There are 11520 objects in just the shell of the Epcot Ball which are the "triangles" of the Epcot Ball".

Solution: Only solution is to manually transfer as all other attempts using automated massive UV transfers has been exhaused.

----------

Progress : 0.2% - Possibly 1-3% a day. Minor distortion. Not a big deal since it'll be negliable with the texture it'll be given.

Post March 30th, 2016, 6:36 pm

^ I have to admit that I am not as good as modeling experts are, at judging your progress from technical values, but you seem to be doing well.

:)

Post March 30th, 2016, 10:08 pm

Some progress picture

Take a look at how nice and uniform it is right now

X Y = X^2*3 Total Percentage
12 432 11520 3.75%

As you can see, the progress is about 3.75%

How do I know?

Draw a triangle. Now, draw 3 triangle below the first triangle with equal length and lines must be colinear to the lines of the first triangle. Count the triangle from 1st triangle to 2nd set of triangle separated by a horizontal line. You see there are 4 lines of triangles. Now do another layer of triangles and you get 9 triangles.

Therefore, you get 1,4,9,16,25,36,49..... You see a pattern? They have something in common and they have something to do with X^2. Now you have a idea of my progress.

Post March 31st, 2016, 11:59 pm

Thanks for clarifying those graphic details and now I can have my eyes fixed on your stuff! Beautiful! :D

Post April 3rd, 2016, 9:41 pm

About 19 percent progress on mapping. God, I hate doing it manually, but no choice. 2193 objects in 11520 objects in shell has been mapped. 21 days will be needed to finish.

Post April 4th, 2016, 3:54 am

Looking forward to seeing the rest of that sphere. 19 out of 100% - not bad at all. :)

Post June 24th, 2016, 7:02 pm

I have mapped every part of the shell, and also had to redo the inside part, but it's more accurate now, so no worry.

Now, I'm going to work on the rest of the Epcot Ball, and I am going to make several version of it.

Post June 27th, 2016, 1:06 am

Glad to hear that you have been working on this sphere! :)

Post June 27th, 2016, 11:10 pm

Years ago, I promised Modstothemax that I was gonna make this. That site is gone by now. Oh well..

This is an outer space environment. I call it "Infinity and Beyond".

Forgive the horrid background, I only had a shitty texture to work with. I made it a little better than the provided screenshot. Doesn't make too much a difference though. Just more passable.

Post July 1st, 2016, 8:03 am

Are you going to set your EPCOT park in the universe? Hope that you're trying that! :)

Post October 4th, 2016, 2:15 pm

Finished with Infinite and Beyond Env, and finished with Hell Box Env I was working on. Gonna make some few more box env, and I'll be back to the Epcot project.

Day of Infinite and Beyond

Night of Infinite and Beyond

Dusk of Infinite and Beyond

This is the hell box concept I was working on.

Post October 6th, 2016, 8:39 am

Wow looks pretty magical, too! :)

Post October 15th, 2017, 1:59 pm

I found Low Planets mod using Wayback Machine. I also found 16k texture of outerspace, but had to use 8k texture instead of 16k to make URDC work. I am missing like 2 worthwhile environment, and that it. I have a plan to recreate those environment, but better version of them. Seem like URDC keeps crashing on me with this many mods. 100 Environments, 43 Themes. I already improved icons of themes, and replaced pictures to make them blend into URDC.

For this game, I have long term plans. As a matter of fact, I am putting the game into mycloud server, and keeping this game.

On that note, if anyone used to go to MTTM and is reading this right now, if you have Europa, or the Aztec environment, please do PM me them. I have contacted TomJoeNJ with no response, and no response from Princess_G either.

The dock you see is Indiana Jones mod found in wayback machine.

Showing off one mod I made for this games earlier than this thread

Post October 21st, 2017, 9:05 pm

^ My computer died, sad to say, so please make your dream come true instead... you're so a great designer! :cry:

Post October 27th, 2017, 10:05 pm

Well, I just retrieved 99% of mods that ever existed for Ultimate Ride games thanks to Princess_G having those files, and I will be definitely keeping those for people who wants modstothemax mods back. The pictures are the proof (Note, I changed so many icons to actually reflect the mods).:

As a matter of fact, the only four things that are missing is the Aztec theme, Terminator Environment, Alice's Horror theme, and The Cage environment. Aztec theme is recoverable thanks to X'ian, and Backdrop 2 Theme. The others are not recoverable. I will have to remake Alice's theme based off Wonderland theme someday, and I will have to make the terminator environment with my own interpretation. Some day...

Here's what I have in my game for now, and I don't have everything I got installed yet because I really want to fix some mods icons first.

Environments
---------------------
3D Space
American Nightmare
Aquatica
Arctic
Asteriod
Asteroid
Azteca
Field
Big Top
Bio Valley
Biomass
Black Marble
Black Rock Canyon
Black Top
Black Water Falls
Blank
Blown Darkness
Blown Fusion
Box 1 - Hell Box
Cadrestial Desert
Caldera
Camoflague Arena
Canyon
Castle Whiteflash
Cavern
Cavern Fighter
Checkers
Cherbourg Gardens
Cj Ozland
CJsAttic
CJsCavern
CJxmas
Code Red
Coliseum
ColorfulLetters
Concrete Jungle
Cookies N Cream
Crater
Cuatro Caballista
Darkness
Death Star
Desert
Disco Trance
Dunes
Egypt
Egypt II-Giza
Electric Eye
Europa
Extreme Mountain
Field
Field of Swiftland
Fire and Ice
Flare Field
Frontier II
Frontierland
Frontierland III
Fruitstripe Gum
Galaxy
Geonosis
Glacier
Golden Valey
Gothland
Greenerian Mountain
Grid
GridII
Hades
Halloween
Haunted Grid
Headache
Hideaway
Highway
Highway Redux
Holodeck
Hoth
Hoth II
Ice Age
Ice Cavern
Ice Frontier
Iceberg
IJ Cavern
IJ Waterfall
IndianaJon. Waterfall
IndianaJones Cavern
Infinity
Island
JurassicPark Island
Lakeland
Main Street
Mars
Mars Island
Marz
Meadow
Meadowland
Metro
Miles of Rock
Mnt_Doom
Molten Island
Mountain
Nebula
Neo Discovery
Neon Asteroid
Neon Canyon
Neon Cavern
Neon Field
Neon Frontierland
Neon Grid
Neon Island
Neon Main Street
Neon Mountain
Neon Neo Cube
Neon Toontown
Neon UltraGrid
Northern Lights
Open Sky
Outer Limits
Park
Phantasm
Prisma 2
Prisma Qube
Psycho
Rainbow Grid
Red Faction
Red Fusion
Red Sea
River
Rocks
Ryansaqua
Sandbox
Sandland
Sin
Sky Works
Snow
Snow Bound
Snow Mountain
Space
Space Canyon
Spiders Lair
Starlight City
Starry Night
Starz
State Park
Sulfur Frontier
Sun
Syko Syrkus
Tar Pits
Tatooine
Tesselation
The Matrix
The Moon
Toontown
Twilight Zone
Twister
UltraGrid
Underwater World
Uni-matrix
Voxel Sphere Basic
Voxel Sphere Basic II
Voxel Sphere Color I
Voxel Sphere Color II
Water
Wild Wood Run
Wonderland
Yellow Livewire

Theme
------
Amusement Park
AMX
Backdrops
Backdrops 2
Black Hole Theme
Canopy Crawler
Caves
Cc33s Theme
Celtlands Theme
CFT
CFT2
CFT3
City
City Theme
Country
Creepshow
Daveh27
Dragons Realm
Dungeon
Dungeon2
Effects
Egypt Theme
Environment
Environment 2
Environment2
EnvSphrs
Express Rails
Flags
Floorless
Flying Colors
Flying High
Frontierland
Gothic
Halloween
Ice Frontier
Indiana Jones
Indiana Jones 2
Jules Verne
Jurassic Park
Lights1
Lights2
Low Planets
LuvBugs
Main Street
Marnetmars Oddities
Marnetmars Theme
Monster Island
MTTM Theme
Necronomicon
Neon Environment
Outdoor Life1
Outdoor Life2
Oz
Oz2
Psycho
Psychotic
Pyramids
Realistic
Roswell Theme
Sandbox
Sci Fi
Shadows
Sit Down
Space Dungeons
Space Theme
Star Wars I
Star Wars II
Startrek
SubHunt
SWN
Syko Syrkus Theme
Tomorrowland
Toontown
Toxic
Trees and Plant
Tunnel Pack
Twister
Underwater World
Water
White Out
Wild West
Wonderland
Xi'an
Xmas

Post April 29th, 2020, 3:41 pm

Points on hand: 76.00 Points
I know I'm probably gravedigging, but I've been trying to get my hands on the mods for Disney Coaster for some time following MTTM's closure. Do you still have them, ExoticLover, and if so, is it possible that I can have a link to download them? (The 4shared links on Princess_G's ultimate ride projects no longer work)

Post January 25th, 2021, 8:24 am

NepNep wrote:
I know I'm probably gravedigging, but I've been trying to get my hands on the mods for Disney Coaster for some time following MTTM's closure. Do you still have them, ExoticLover, and if so, is it possible that I can have a link to download them? (The 4shared links on Princess_G's ultimate ride projects no longer work)

No, you're not gravedigging. I still have those mods on my PC as well as fixes.

I hope this link works - https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=%21A ... 4C9FC723E6

Also, you will have a PM to ensure that I have a line of communication.

Return to 3D Modeling Discussion