Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Busch Gardens Tampa Closes Tanganyika Tidal Wave

Busch Gardens Tampa Closes Tanganyika Tidal Wave

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Points on hand: 6,689.00 Points
According to Screamscape, the park's shoot the chute water ride (Tanganyika Tidal Wave) is closed for good. The last day to ride the ride was yesterday, April 10th.

This kind of came out of the wild blue yonder, but a Busch Gardens Tampa spokesperson has apparently confirmed to PixelsAtTheParks that April 10th was the last day to ride the Tanganyika Tidal Wave attraction. The attraction is now closed for good it seems, though it makes little sense to me to close one of your big water rides just before the start of summer, rather than close it down at the end of Summer.
I suspect something very WRONG may have taken place with the ride to suddenly close it down, as the park's official rehab schedule page still had Tidal Wave listed last week to be closed for a scheduled maintenance break from May 9 to May 13th... but I guess they have opted to close it instead and have now removed that listing from the page.

Any thoughts of what could go in its place or maybe a refurbishment? Comment your thoughts below!

If anything i hope its just a refurbishment and the ride will be back in operation come maybe August!
Drummer, Guitarist, Coaster Enthusiast and a metal head??
126 Credits and counting!
Creator of MK Media on all social media platforms!

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
matthew6969 wrote:
The attraction is now closed for good it seems, though it makes little sense to me to close one of your big water rides just before the start of summer, rather than close it down at the end of Summer.
I suspect something very WRONG may have taken place with the ride to suddenly close it down

That better be the case, or they are worse than Mt. Olympus.

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
They were probably planning on axing it at the end of the season, but a major part broke and they didn't feel like ordering it.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Rumored reopening date ive been hearing is October 10th kind of like what they did with Le Scoop at BGW renovate it big time.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!