Board index Roller Coaster Games NoLimits Coaster 2 New to No Limits 2

New to No Limits 2

All discussion relation to NoLimits Coaster 2 should be posted here. Purchase NoLimits Coaster from this page: nolimits-coaster-2-purchase-and-upgrade-links-t32524.html

Post September 30th, 2015, 4:09 pm

Points on hand: 79.00 Points
Hey guys! I bought No Limits 2 just recently, I've been playing around with FVD++. Where is a good place to start with NL2? What is a coaster I should make in FVD that isn't too complicated but allows me to learn the basics of the program?

Post September 30th, 2015, 4:22 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

When I was first learning FVD I began with just a simple wooden out and back coaster. As my knowledge with the program grew and I began learning new elements I started making more advanced coasters (such as Intamin and B&M).

Overall I think your best bet is to start with a simple wooden coaster that doesn't really have much of a "shaping" guideline like B&M and Intamin does.

Happy building! :)
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post September 30th, 2015, 4:24 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Well, I'd say start with a generic wooden coaster. Don't worry about shaping it based on manufacturers but just try to make it be generically woooden shaped. That way you can get the hang of designing track in nl2 instead of following specific style shaping. It also is good way to learn to control the more basic parts of your ride like forces and layout.

Edit: basically what he said haha
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post September 30th, 2015, 8:09 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

My experience was a bit different, but related. I actually mastered newton 2 before trying out FVD, and it's largely the same except more advanced control over the track. So basically what I did with newton you'd apply to FVD. I started making generic things, not following any manufactures style but rather getting the hang of the program and making generally realistic elements. That's where you should start in FVD. After that I moved on making coasters from each manufacture, one from Intamin, B&M, etc. and I'd do it repeatedly. At this stage you don't want to be terribly precise, but instead generally copy the elements. After that was mastered I was able to really focus on the small details like specific roll speed, timewarp transitions and complex multi-force zones. Just take it step by step, and remember that it doesn't all come at once. I've been using newton since it was first released and I'm still discovering new things in the program, and better ways to get what I'm looking for and recreate elements better.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post October 5th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Points on hand: 3,557.00 Points
It's so user friendly to use Nolimits 2 for building coasters, I wonder why people use third party programs for building. I understand the use for them for Nolimits 1, but not for 2. Then again, that could explain why people STILL use it.

Post October 5th, 2015, 5:52 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Just start by placing nodes and making elements you'd like in rides. Once you get to a point where you understand how the tracks form then you can make them look really good and plausible :)
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post October 5th, 2015, 6:10 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points
Unrealistic Coasters wrote:
It's so user friendly to use Nolimits 2 for building coasters, I wonder why people use third party programs for building. I understand the use for them for Nolimits 1, but not for 2. Then again, that could explain why people STILL use it.

i gave up nl2 a long time ago been learning newton 2 since its alot easier

Post October 5th, 2015, 9:02 pm

Points on hand: 4,800.70 Points

^^^^It's not so much about user-friendliness, it's about control and raw power over track design because force based programs are for the most part not too user friendly but are powerful. FVD programs simply allow for a much greater amount of control over your track than NL2. Both work fine though, it's just that FVD's are more powerful... but you need to know what you're doing. There are some handbuilt tracks better than some FVD'd tracks out there.
It's been a long time
Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCErEzTkqrD55UEiIiiKsKmg

Post October 6th, 2015, 2:44 am
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,053.00 Points
I like handbuilding because I'm not screwed if I finish a layout and want to change something in the middle of it.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post October 6th, 2015, 5:29 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Well, as a NL1 user, I'm proud of being a handbuilder! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post April 27th, 2016, 12:50 pm

Points on hand: 1,315.00 Points

Post April 27th, 2016, 3:04 pm
Turbo User avatar

Points on hand: 5,506.00 Points
Bank: 21,857.68 Points

Force Vector Design, it's a program used to create shaping based upon forces experienced in the ride.
Coaster Count: 582 // Top Five: 1. Helix 2. Nemesis 3. Big Bad Wolf 4. Boulder Dash 5. Balder

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
4 G's to the taint was a bit much for me because I'm not a power bottom like Turbo

Post April 27th, 2016, 3:32 pm

Points on hand: 1,315.00 Points

Return to NoLimits Coaster 2