Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! All Season Flash Pass at SFGADV in 2016!

All Season Flash Pass at SFGADV in 2016!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 738.00 Points
Bank: 111,265.11 Points
Looks like Great Adventure is following Magic Mountain in the new trend of All Season Flash Passes. The pass works the same way, only 3 major differences.

#1, Price is $100 cheaper, so the price is $400.
#2, ALL rides are included, instead of limited rides like SFMM.
#3, NO blackout dates.

Every day you go to the park you get a 50% reduced wait time or Gold Flash Pass to use in the park. This is an awesome deal if you go to the park often!

A typical Gold Flash Pass at Six Flags Great Adventure is $75, so this pass pays for itself in 6 visits! So while not for the faint of heart, it is a great deal if you go often!

Final Thoughts: SFGADV's is a much better deal because it includes all the rides, is $100 cheaper and has NO blackout dates. Despite the fact it has a shorter season, it's only 10 weeks, so it's nice they dropped the price $100 for it. I'd gladly pay $500 if it included all parks and was Platinum.

Find out all the FAQ's, info and more here.

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Good ol' Six Flags making a quick buck on people who have way too much discretionary income on their hands.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
This is going to be abused so much. It's only a matter of time before the all season flash pass gets out of hand.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 10,012.00 Points
I don't think it would be a terrible idea to get one if you want to go very often and weekends are your only spare time. It makes sense for a busier park. Especially since this one doesn't exclude a lot of the best coasters like the SFMM one does.
1-Millennium Force | 2-Intimidator 305 | 3-Fury 325
4-Skyrush | 5-Iron Rattler | 6-X2 | 7-Kingda Ka
8-Voyage | 9-Maverick | 10-Monster

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I would absolutely buy this if I lived near SFGAdv lol. It's a really good offer like everyone is saying, compared to the SFMM one.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
Looks like Six Flags is probably going to implement this into all the parks. Would kinda suck though. Since the idea of the Flash pass works for me, if you're a new visitor to the park and want to experience it it full, without wasting time in a long queue. If you're a frequent visitor of the park. You've usually seen the rides over and over and then wouldn't care to wait a while in the queue. (Or at least, that's how it works for me.)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
I figured this offer would appear at other Six Flags parks once they opened up for the season (it's at SFGAm as well...haven't checked any others yet). This is a better offer than the SFMM version, but unless you know in advance that you're going to be visiting on 5 or more weekends/holidays it isn't a great buy. While I don't know how the crowds compare off-hand (I've only visited SFGAdv twice), weekends seemed worse at SFGAdv than SFMM but weekdays weren't as bad (though still quite busy). I'll also say that SFGAdv definitely wins in the operations department as they'll run three trains where possible.

As for the included rides, SFMM only excludes two attractions on the season Flash Pass: Superman and New Revolution. Both of these coasters are Platinum exclusive and are not included with any Gold Flash Pass. Full Throttle and Twisted Colossus are both included, though you only get one ride per visit, and X2 is an upcharge (X2 is not included on any Flash Pass). Every other non-kiddie coaster is unlimited access, as are the major non-coaster rides. At SFGAdv, the park doesn't have any Platinum exclusive attractions, which means all of the park's Flash Pass attractions are valid on all Flash Passes. Therefore, the pass includes all non-kiddie coasters and the major non-coaster rides (SFGAdv has more of the latter, but less of the former).

I still say to make this truly valuable, they need to make it unlimited usage at your home park and one time use per season at each other Six Flags park. If that was the case, I'd absolutely buy one at a $400 price point, but it would need to be $300 or less IMO as a single park pass.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

I think the point is that it is supposed to be exclusive, so the price point is set at the point where not many will buy. That's how Flash Pass will still remain that exclusive experience. My biggest issue is that you are spending $400, and on a 2 hour line day, you are still waiting an hour, that to me is useless. Charge me $500 and give me platinum without re-riding, and you got a deal.

Points on hand: 739.00 Points
Even though I go to Great Adventure every weekend now, I have high doubts if I want in on this or not, considering that I always try to be at the park first thing in the morning. Plus, I always see how busy the rides are during my visits, and I would only buy the Flash Pass if the park would be super crowded, or if I want to ride Kingda Ka over 100 times in a row.
Subscribe to my YouTube channel!
Follow me on Instagram!

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

^ Could only do that with Platinum on a busy day.

But if you go early in the morning like me, you know you can get on everything by noon if you do it right.

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I thought the marketing of these types of passes was for those that only get a day or 2.... either way I don't and probably will never agree with any system that doesn't work like Disney's system. But if it males them enough money to keep building decent rides, who am I to complain.
What are these for?

TTD03 User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Update:
The Joker will not be included. It is a Platinum only ride this year, but it does include 2X rides if you have platinum.

The Joker should be available next year, as El Diablo was Platinum only last year and this is year is available for all levels.

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!