Board index Roller Coaster Games Hard Hat Area slosprint's dumb rides [B&M Mobius Dueler]

slosprint's dumb rides [B&M Mobius Dueler]

The Hard Hat Area is the place to post construction news about your ride, so this is the place to hype your future upload!

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Points on hand: 5,728.00 Points
The trend seems to be to put all your stuff in one corner, so here is my corner. Dunce hat required. Also the majority of screenshots in the old thread had wandered off, so I thought it might be good to create a new one that looked nicer, and maybe would turn into something half-decent.

So, Adventure Valley. Some of you may remember the wooden/wing coaster combo I have been working on, and while progress has been slow, progress has been made. I'm going to repost comprehensive screenshots here, but both tracks have been reworked a bunch of times, so you will probably see many new and improved features. I'm planning on eventually making this a park, and while just these 2 rides will be uploaded to the exchange when they are finished (and Steam Workshop), you can expect future coasters to be expansions, and for existing ones to be improved based on feedback with each iteration. I honestly think this is the best approach, so people who might enjoy the rides I upload can expect updates over time. If you want to test the rides out or provide feedback just add me on steam (link in forum signature). I've been uploading WiP versions to the Steam Workshop under friends-only.

TL;DR: read the above, seriously.

Both coasters are in the track-work stage. I'd say the wooden coaster, which I'm calling Splinter for now, is around 95% complete, with possible reworks to the final turnaround and hill in the future. The wing coaster, which for now is Shatter, is only around 30% done, with reworks needed in the overbank and first hill, and the circuit incomplete.

Thanks for reading, here are some pictures:

ss (2015-07-16 at 07.14.09).jpg

The side view probably gives you the best idea of both rides. The wooden coaster is a high-speed twisted double out-and-back, where as the wing-coaster is a slow, compact ride built on disorientation. At current count, the rides intersect 56 times (over the course of both rides). This count is likely to be much higher when the wing coaster is complete.

ss (2015-07-16 at 07.13.05).jpg

Top view.

ss (2015-07-16 at 07.13.36).jpg

Front view, lots of track.

ss (2015-07-16 at 07.25.52).jpg

Looks like a train yard from here.

2015-07-16_00004.jpg

Zero-g-roll has a near collision with the wooden coaster station, but passes the tunnel test.

2015-07-16_00002.jpg

Ignoring the currently awful over-bank, what do you guys think of the following element? I wanted to create a kind of flying snake dive in the context of a wing coaster, and crashing through the lift structure of a wooden coaster during it seemed perfect.

ss (2015-07-16 at 07.30.15).jpg

Another angle of it

2015-07-16_00003.jpg

And another

ss (2015-07-16 at 07.16.06).jpg

Like a tiny, twisted X-Flight. If X-flight had a wooden friend.

2015-07-16_00001.jpg

The far, flat turnaround will be supported like an old coaster, with cables in the center. I want to suggest that the new wooden coaster was built on the foundations of an older one, I might incorporate these support elements in other areas as well.

A final question: Should I replace the first triple up on Splinter with one large hill? The rest of the ride is very fast and low to the ground, so do you think a large hill would be a better lead-in?

If you want any more angles, feel free to ask for them, otherwise that's in for now. Sorry for making such slow progress, but I've been really busy lately.
Last edited by slosprint on January 12th, 2017, 7:42 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Boulder Dash was the only good roller coaster.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Being bust happens.

That said I'll give you ballsyness points for making such a crammed in wing coaster. Those things are hard to make. Other than that, it looks very interesting so far, and good luck with supports when the time comes lol.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Please PLEASE check the lateral G's on that winger! That rolling looks fast.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

tiepilot35 wrote:
Please PLEASE check the lateral G's on that winger! That rolling looks fast.

It's very slow and disorienting like I said. Gs are fine.

"or if you're when the hydraulic fluid was dumped out of the motor is goes 200ft up the tower and is like "LOL nope"" - CKMWM 2016

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Short trains so it gives you much more flexibility with wingrider shaping. Looks good though, hope you pull it off!
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I got bored of this project and had other stuff to do, so it went on hiatus for a while. Now it's back and there's a third coaster entering the tangle.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Have fun supporting. Nice "i'm a noob" intamin colors lol

Points on hand: 0.00 Points
Bank: 15,033.00 Points
slosprint wrote:
I got bored of this project and had other stuff to do, so it went on hiatus for a while. Now it's back and there's a third coaster entering the tangle.

i like the way the three coasters interact/intertwine with each other!

Points on hand: 2,091.00 Points

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Have fun supporting. Nice "i'm a noob" intamin colors lol

Point taken, colors have been changed to alternating by track type rather than rails and crossties being different colors.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Sorry it's just like the biggest indicator ever of a first coaster, especially if it's black and a neon color.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

No problem, I appreciate the feedback. I'm probably gonna end up making it the worn style instead of new as well.

True Addicts
True Addicts

So is it a hyper? Accelerator? Mega-lite?

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

I finally got the main knot of the wing coaster to pass the tunnel test. Tunnel collisions take up about a third of this area, but at no point does track touch tunnel.

Points on hand: 483.00 Points
Bank: 19,590.00 Points
I sent you a steam friend request to test your friends only workshop park.

True Addicts
True Addicts

You're braver than me. I use the circle tunnels lol

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

The issue with circle tunnels on wing coasters is they don't accurately represent vertical clearence, and the center of the train doesn't require much clearence at all. I wish NL2 allowed for a clearence train to be dragged along the track in the editor, it would save tons of time.

Edit: I accepted your friend request cool5, but probably won't update the workshop page until I have each layout figured out. Also, the Intamin is an accelerator which will hopefully end up weaving around both rides. All I really have figured out at this moment is the I305-ish run out to the far end of the wing coaster, where it has an insanely fast airtime hill and returns doing a steep stengel dive over the lift and breaks of the wooden coaster. I'll hopefully get the shaping on that done tommorrow so I can show pictures.

True Addicts
True Addicts

Yeah I forgot it'll literally make a giant circle lol.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

Wing coaster layout is complete, it's short because the lift is only 36 feet tall and it has to make it back to the station, but it still manages 5 inversions and some nice airtime at the end. Also yes, that is an in-line twist into the brakes. Ignore the red coaster for now, it's still in very early stages.

Points on hand: 2,091.00 Points

^36 feet tall! Its impressive that you got 5 inversions in with that height!

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ Yeah, I wish I could be kind of a terraforming expert, specially for mini tracks with elevations! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

True Addicts
True Addicts

Honestly I'm impressed you made one of those wing coasters tiny without it killing everyone.

EDIT: Added "wing coaster"
Last edited by Coasterkidmwm on May 14th, 2016, 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

There's still time for that.

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
I only see 4 inversions
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

slosprint User avatar
Premium Member
Premium Member

1: initial dive
2: zero g roll over station
3: dive loop
4: weird thing
5: in-line twist

Next

Return to Hard Hat Area