Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Hersheypark 2017 - Triple Drop Tower

Hersheypark 2017 - Triple Drop Tower

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post June 23rd, 2016, 11:04 am
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
So Hersheypark just posted this on their twitter. No idea as to what this might be yet.

Last edited by Paradox on August 3rd, 2016, 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post June 23rd, 2016, 2:47 pm

Points on hand: 609.00 Points

Ok so hear me out: a giant water ride that gets you drenched, but instead of water, there's only melted chocolate.
it is I, your average at best hand builder, Chase
Goldensnake1 wrote:
Banned for agreeing with CG Coasters.

Post June 23rd, 2016, 4:03 pm

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
World's first Mack ChocoSplash; a Pulsar clone with a chocolate splash pool to replace Roller Soaker
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post June 23rd, 2016, 6:49 pm

Points on hand: 1,681.00 Points
CoasterMac305 wrote:
to replace Roller Soaker

You mean the one that doesn't exist anymore lol

If anything it would replace Tidal Force :p

Also I saw a good point on TPR: the 1 is "dropped"...
I'm not brand new to NL2 so ignore how many posts I have atm, I post a lot other places :)

??????????????????? ?????? ?????? ?????? ????g???????? ???????????????????

Post June 23rd, 2016, 7:36 pm

*to go in place of.

The 1 in 2017 is "dropped", so a 207ft drop tower seems to be the most theorized ride. Would definitely welcome that addition.
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post June 23rd, 2016, 11:17 pm

Points on hand: 4,657.00 Points
Bank: 6,667.00 Points
I wouldn't mind a pulsar clone, it may not be the most thrilling thing, but it looks interesting, and the US needs more Mack. A drop tower is one of the few things that Hershey is lacking and the Falcon's Fury model seems to be selling so its a good chance.
What are these for?

Post June 24th, 2016, 7:33 am

Points on hand: 6,144.00 Points
CKidd wrote:
I wouldn't mind a pulsar clone, it may not be the most thrilling thing, but it looks interesting, and the US needs more Mack. A drop tower is one of the few things that Hershey is lacking and the Falcon's Fury model seems to be selling so its a good chance.

Pulsar is actually quite thrilling imo
Taron>Helix get mad

Post June 24th, 2016, 9:07 am

Can't remember where I heard it, but I'm fairly certain that after Kissing Tower was built, a 200ft height limit was set in place for the park. Not 100% this is accurate, but that can be a factor in speculation.

Post June 24th, 2016, 3:57 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
207 isn't all that much more than 200, smart use of the terrain in the park or digging a pit for the base could solve that relatively easily.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post June 27th, 2016, 12:31 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
CG Coasters wrote:
Ok so hear me out: a giant water ride that gets you drenched, but instead of water, there's only melted chocolate.

That's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 27th, 2016, 4:42 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
straightbanana wrote:
CKidd wrote:

Pulsar is actually quite thrilling imo

Compaired to most rides of that size. It's not that thrilling.
But if you look at the ride in general. It's a lot more thrilling than it looks. :)
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post July 26th, 2016, 10:23 pm

Points on hand: 5,394.00 Points
Bank: 1,660.00 Points

Post July 26th, 2016, 10:34 pm
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Might actually be something decent. I hope it's an Intamin.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 26th, 2016, 10:57 pm

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hmm, I'd expect something fancy from the look of displayed chocolates! Hard to take a guess! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 27th, 2016, 1:42 pm
Paradox User avatar

A drop tower made out of chocolate.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 27th, 2016, 5:35 pm

Points on hand: 1,319.00 Points
I'm not quite sure what they mean by saying "an attraction like this has never been done before" but to me all signs point to a triple S&S tower like the one at Knotts Berry Farm. Kinda hope that's not it though... :P

Post July 27th, 2016, 7:21 pm

Points on hand: 7,295.00 Points

Post July 27th, 2016, 7:34 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

So the clues are according to my dull brain:
1. A non-equilateral triangle
2. 5 or 4 rotating circles with a giant arrow pointing down in the background
3. Three different ways to accomplish something
4. Up and down arrows, "flight".

How I yearn for the Six Flags clues that are subtle as 98% of the Superman logo or a giant ring.

Anyways I'm banking on a choose your adventure Intamin drop tower where you can choose standing, sitting, or sit+tilting but the seats are arranged in a ring like Falcon's Fury.

JetstreamCoasters wrote:
I'm not quite sure what they mean by saying "an attraction like this has never been done before" but to me all signs point to a triple S&S tower like the one at Knotts Berry Farm. Kinda hope that's not it though... :P

They could mean never been done before in the USA or some BS like that.

Post July 27th, 2016, 10:48 pm

Points on hand: 5,701.00 Points
Possibly excessive analysis time:

Clue 1: Hershey Bars are rectangles, Reese's are circles, and the three Kisses form a triangle. All three shapes will be present in this attraction. The hint about chocolate covering every side implies that either riders will face every direction, or perhaps that the attraction will be visible from everywhere nearby.

Clue 2: The video shows several circles of Kisses rotating, then they rearrange into a triangle. Therefore, the attraction will have rotating elements on a triangular structure. The text clue seems to imply this will be built at one of the higher sections of the park.

Clue 3: We've got the same three candies present here, again going back to the shapes motif. The numbers indicate there will be three of something on the ride. The text clue mentions 3 ways to fun, so perhaps the ride has three programs or three options for guest to choose from. It also hints that this will be a one of a kind attraction.

Clue 4: The candy in the video rises, then falls, then rises again. The Hershey Bar is vertical, indicating that this will be a tall ride, and the clouds in the background support this. The text statement makes it sound like the attraction will begin with a vertical launch, but that there is more to the ride than that. It also sounds as if this may be the tallest ride in the park (or tallest of a specific type).

Based on this, combined with reported sightings in the park, my guess is the following: This attraction will be a triple S&S tower, with each of the towers running a different program. One tower will be a standard space shot and one will be a standard turbo drop. However, the third will be the world's first S&S rotating tower. Additionally, this will be the tallest thrill ride in the park, though not as tall as the Kissing Tower.

I'm guessing I'll be partially correct, but probably not 100% on. I guess we'll find out in a week.
Coaster Count: 535 (114 wood, 444 steel); Park Count: 110
Top 5 Wood: El Toro, Voyage, Thunderhead, Outlaw Run, Boulder Dash
Top 5 Steel: Superman the Ride, Fury 325, Millennium Force, X2, Intimidator 305

Post July 28th, 2016, 1:21 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
It is absolutely not going to be a triple S&S tower--those are so unconscionably boring and Hersheypark doesn't drive in the slow lane. They installed 3 world-class Intamin coasters in a row. I'm definitely on board with the idea of them getting an Intamin drop tower with 3 different ride styles; I recall seeing blueprints for those on screamscape a few months ago, and I've been thinking Intamin drop tower since the first teaser was revealed.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 28th, 2016, 1:53 pm
Paradox User avatar

I like S&S towers better than Intamin ones lol. Supreme Scream at Knotts and Scream at SFNE are my favorite drop towers and don't even come close to the piece of crap that is Zumanjaro.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post July 28th, 2016, 3:37 pm

Zumanjaro and Lex Luthor are legendary lol. You are crazy. And this one would be a face-down dropper which is even cooler. I want to ride Falcon's Fury
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 28th, 2016, 3:40 pm
True Addicts
True Addicts

tiepilot35 wrote:
those are so unconscionably boring and Hersheypark doesn't drive in the slow lane.

They have two GCI's that are somehow more boring than American Eagle, (technically 3) and Great Bear, which is probably the worst B&M invert.

Post July 28th, 2016, 3:41 pm

Fair point. But the Big 3 make up for that and then some, in my opinion.

Post July 28th, 2016, 5:53 pm
Paradox User avatar

tiepilot35 wrote:
Zumanjaro and Lex Luthor are legendary lol. You are crazy. And this one would be a face-down dropper which is even cooler. I want to ride Falcon's Fury

Zumanjaro and Lex do nothing except fall fast. There's no feeling of freefall and the initial jerk at the top is nothing. Both S&S and Intamin can't beat Larson/ARM when it comes to drop towers though.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!