Board index Theme Park Discussions General Theme Park Discussions Worst Trims?

Worst Trims?

Discuss anything related to theme parks in general.

Post November 27th, 2015, 4:31 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
^ That second vertical loop is now obviously forceless. :sad:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post November 27th, 2015, 12:13 pm
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
^What a shame. I'm pretty sure that's going to cost a huge deduction on my rankings~
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post November 27th, 2015, 1:13 pm

Points on hand: 645.00 Points
The Beast has the worst trims especially at the long, straight part. It actually hurt more than the jerkiness, but still my 3rd favorite coaster of all time.
"When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like What!?"

Post January 2nd, 2016, 10:30 am

Points on hand: 284.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
The trims on Mean Streak kill any chance of excitement on an already boring layout, although I guess they're a necessary evil to prevent extreme roughness. Wild Thing's trims are also pretty bad, that return run could be amazing if it wasn't braked to death, but with the brakes, it's okay at best.

You should never feel yourself slowing down on a first drop. A big WTF!

As for Voyage, the only thing ruined is the triple-down. After that, the ride regains the crazy speed throughout the rest of course.

Post June 11th, 2016, 5:58 pm
VF15 User avatar
News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 10,818.00 Points
The trims on Intimidator at Carowinds were biting fairly hard when I rode it :(. While I still got airtime on the main airtime hills, it was relatively weak airtime compared to Diamondback's air.

Post June 14th, 2016, 12:58 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Trims that are not in use lol! :lol:
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 29th, 2016, 9:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,632.00 Points
Easily the worst trims for me are the ones at the end of Thunderhawk at Dorney Park. It was just renovated so it's pretty smooth, except for the odd transitions due to the bad technology from the 20s. And it has a solid first half with a pretty location, good laterals, and some really nice airtime moments. Then at the end there are some bunny hills but the trim right before them has always been strong, and even with the new renovation they're still strong trims. Without them the airtime would be really solid, and the brakes causing a lack of airtime are really why it has a "good family ride" status for me, and not a truly great coaster. It's still a nice wooden coaster, though.

Post June 29th, 2016, 9:40 pm

Points on hand: 2,442.00 Points
Mako. Nuff' said
valravn derailed and killed tony clark rip in peace

Post June 29th, 2016, 10:05 pm
Blase Rhine User avatar

Points on hand: 30,499.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points

Voyage at Holiday World... literally comes to a stop before continuing throughout the second half
Sometimes I dream of unicorns and oreos

Post June 30th, 2016, 7:35 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
VF15 wrote:
The trims on Mean Streak kill any chance of excitement on an already boring layout

That ride's roughness is definitely exaggerated. I got a trimless ride cause I knew the people running it in 2014 in both the back and front. The ride actually has laterals in the front, but the layout is pretty terrible after the block brake. The back seat is a total waste and did nothing. You're really not missing anything with the trims on.

In my opinion Mean Streak and Rattler are the only the woodies that should have been RMC'ed. Texas Giant was salvageable, and Colossus was such a waste.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Previous

Return to General Theme Park Discussions