Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park Meets Going totally bonkers~ Tour 2016 (30th June - 16th July)

Going totally bonkers~ Tour 2016 (30th June - 16th July)

Planning a theme park visit? Post it here to organize a theme park meet with other members of the site. You can't go wrong with taking another enthusiast with you!

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 2,175.50 Points
Bank: 45,000.00 Points
And yup. As some might have seen it in a different topic. I'm going for another USA tour this time with a bloody load of driving and long themepark hours. Now the question remains, who feels like meeting up with me in one of the following parks on the following dates?

The rough schedule:
30th June: Flying. Arrival Houston. ZDT's Amusement park & Six Flags Fiesta Texas.
1st July: Six Flags Fiesta Texas & Six Flags Over Texas.
2nd July: Magic Springs & Crystal Falls
3rd July: Silver Dollar City
4th July: Frontier City
5th July: Worlds of Fun
6th July: Six Flags St. Louis
7th July: Holiday World
8th July: Kentucky Kingdom
9th July: Indiana Beach
10th July: Michigans Adventure
11th July: Mt. Olympus & Timber Falls(?)
12th July: Valleyfair
13th July: Nickelodeon Universe
14th July: Little Amerricka & Timber Falls
15th July: Six Flags Great America
16th July: Six Flags Great America?/Chicago Area rides?/Flying back home.

Pretty much everything up to Michigan's Adventure is set in stone. Anything after is still insecure, as it may be switched around a bit for a better fit. Let me know if you feel like tagging along on one of more days. It's always great to meet more members. :)

Also a useless sidenote: If everything goes as planned. I should ride my 1000th coaster in St Louis. <3
Last edited by Dirk_Ermen on June 29th, 2016, 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Coastercount: 1410 (I've seen the world and it's horrid contraptions... @.@)
- Wood: 142
- Steel: 1268

Post June 22nd, 2016, 6:15 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Dirk_Ermen wrote:
11 July: Mt. Olympus

Don't die lol.

This is a pretty nice trip you have here. It sucks that you are skipping out on Dollywood, even without Lightning Rod it is still one of the best parks in the states.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post June 23rd, 2016, 2:33 am
Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Paradox wrote:
This is a pretty nice trip you have here. It sucks that you are skipping out on Dollywood, even without Lightning Rod it is still one of the best parks in the states.

Already been to Dollywood before and the detour didn't weigh in enough to all the other new parks. As it would be an additional 9 hours back and forth into the wrong direction. I'll visit the park sometime again when the Lightning rod hype is over, perhaps after another big new ride/coaster.

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
Hope you budgeted for various skip the line passes! July 1st through 4th is going to be madly crowded because of the holiday.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

tiepilot35 wrote:
Hope you budgeted for various skip the line passes! July 1st through 4th is going to be madly crowded because of the holiday.

I kinda expected that. So yes, we budgeted those in. :)

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
I'll definitely be at Great America, but I'm tempted to join you for Minnesota/Wisconsin... or at least Indiana Beach
American Eagle Lover

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
What does "Chicago Area" imply? I might see if we could get a beer and real artery clogging pizza that day but I'm financially not in a good place right now so probably no.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Points on hand: 5,889.00 Points
Giordano's!!!
Attachments
giordanos.jpg
giordanos.jpg (59.39 KiB) Viewed 3928 times
American Eagle Lover

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
What does "Chicago Area" imply? I might see if we could get a beer and real artery clogging pizza that day but I'm financially not in a good place right now so probably no.

Knowing me and mom, probably doing those 4 tiny "parks/coasters". :lol:

True Addicts
True Addicts

You know Kiddieland died and SFGAM bought the historic kiddie woodie for 10,000 dollars right? Now it's next to Batman I think.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
You know Kiddieland died and SFGAM bought the historic kiddie woodie for 10,000 dollars right? Now it's next to Batman I think.

Yes, I've already ridden that one back in 2010(?) :lol:

But there is still Go Bananas, Safari Land and 2 "Haunted Trails"s in Burbank and Joliet. :lol: Riding all the tiny crap in the area while we're there anyway.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

So, looks like the schedule is close to finished. Doubt anything else is going to change.

So Jonny. What/how/where do we meet for SFGAm/Mt Olympus/Indiana Beach?

True Addicts
True Addicts

Dirk_Ermen wrote:
But there is still Go Bananas, Safari Land and 2 "Haunted Trails"s in Burbank and Joliet. :lol: Riding all the tiny crap in the area while we're there anyway.

While I admire your spirit, I'm judging you pretty harshly for going to frigging Joliet for what I'm assuming is a powered oval.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Day 1 is done. ZDT's visit was way too short. Very fun ride! And I still don't understand the RMC hype. IR's airtime is good but all the useless banking and trick tracks do nothing to me. I enjoyed more on that forceful ending on Poltergeist. That was just wow.

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Hmm, people seem to be a tad negative when it comes to a "Trick Track" part. You can think that section as one elongated plus unstable S-Curve!

;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Paradox User avatar

Apart from it's 2 big drops, Irat looks completely meh.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Exactly Paradox. That's what it entirely is. Oh and the tunnel is nice for 1 second because it's pitch black.

Day 2 was a success. 3 parks and 5 hours driving in between. Riding all coasters and more! S&S 4d was a lot more fun than I expected. Can't wait to see a few more of these. Superman VR was fun. 5 minutes dispatch times, but I do prefer the ride without VR.
Stopped at Austin for a kiddy. Check!
Mr. Freeze was an absolute blast! So much fun! Too bad it broke down later on the day. Shockwave/The new Revolution VR was an absolute mess. 15minute dispatches, no help from staff and we had to clean our own headsets. It surely was an interesting experience riding with a 1 second delay. xD
Titan ran like a monster. Even after a complete stop at the far end of the mcbr it still flew through the end of ride. Turn off that MCBR and we've got a fully blacked out train. Better than I305 ever did. xD

Time for magic Springs today!

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

I had one ride through Titan once where the end didn't grab well at all, I hate the car dragging through the brakes the whole time.

I'm not crazy over my only RMC (Texas Giant) either. I was expected something that came close to El Toro. It's still an incredible ride though! the overhyping just made me disappointed.

You prefer New Rattler or New Texas Giant?
Nice to hear the writeups, thank you!

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Austin wrote:
You prefer New Rattler or New Texas Giant?
Nice to hear the writeups, thank you!

NTG was a huge letdown. After the first drop and the double up. The ride is pretty much over for me. So choosing from both rides. IR definitely wins.

Dirk_Ermen User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Well, we're just exiting Silver Dollar City.

Magic Springs started really quiet. Even though we came in like an hour after opening. Luckily we did that because one ride was down for a while. Got in all the coasters fairly quickly. Arkansas Twister was cool. Rattled a lot in some areas but it wasn't horrible due it only happening at floater air. xD Did a few rides around the park and figured we could continue our drive to SDC. At this point the crowds started to come in and fill the water park as well with long queues.

SDC was cool. Arrived at 6pm. Apparently free next day entry when buying a ticket after 3pm! <3 Quickly rushing to the big coasters. Wildfire flew just in a breakdown for 10min. But since we could queue up immediately for next train front. We stayed. Fun ride! I think it's the only B&M without an MCBR. Drop is a lovely floater all the way down in the backseat.
Powderkeg slightly dissapointed me on the first ride, as I expected more ejector air with that shaping. Front seat was also a great ride with lovely air and speed.
Outlaw Run was next. I understand the hype. It's fast. Ejector air pretty much everywhere and doesn't slow down until the final brakes. Im still figuring out where to put this ride. It's slightly rougher than it's full steel hybrid brothers. But the squeaking wheels don't match up with a woody feel. xD Front seat delivers the smoother steel ride. But backseat the more woody like ride. Tough nut to crack. I need an RMC category for this. xD
Today started out with a ton of rain. I was glad that I got at least the big rides in. It poured so much we decided to go to the store first for some grocery shopping. We returned when it was dry. Did Thunderation, fun mine train! Rode the weird indoor dark ride type coaster: Fire in the hole. I laughed my ass off with mom complaining about a wet seat. (Not realising you will get wet) xD In overall, awesome park! Too bad we got chased away early due more rain and thunder ruining our plans. But we got a raincheck ^^

Tomorrow Frontier City! Still nobody caring to tag along anywhere?

Paradox User avatar

I was actually surprised by Powder Keg. I didn't expect there to be any air at all, but it produced quite a lot especially since it is designed more for families.

Outlaw Run is a pretty fun ride, but I do feel like it is a bit overhyped.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Paradox wrote:
Outlaw Run is a pretty fun ride, but I do feel like it is a bit overhyped.

That's true now! Well, not true at all... before Lightning Rod comes, though! :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Return to Theme Park Meets