Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Six Flags Dubai Breaks Ground!

Six Flags Dubai Breaks Ground!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Post July 5th, 2016, 10:10 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
DUBAI PARKS AND RESORTS BREAKS GROUND ON THE CONSTRUCTION OF SIX FLAGS DUBAI THEME PARK

??? The ground breaking for Six Flags marks the start of phase two of the Dubai Parks and Resorts development
??? Six Flags Dubai will be Dubai Parks and Resorts fourth theme park alongside motiongateTM Dubai, LEGOLAND?? Dubai, and Bollywood ParksTM Dubai

Dubai, UAE: Dubai Parks and Resorts today announced that construction has commenced for Six Flags Dubai, the first Six Flags branded theme park in the region, marking the start of phase two of the development.

Planned to open in late 2019, Six Flags Dubai will be the fourth theme park at the Dubai Parks and Resorts destination and will include 27 rides and attractions for all ages across six themed zones; Thrillseeker Plaza, Magic Mountain, Fiesta Texas, Great Escape, Great Adventure, and Great America. Set over an area of 3.5 million square feet with an opening day footprint of 2 million square feet, the estimated cost of the project is AED 2.6 billion.

Six Flags is one of the world???s largest amusement park corporations with 18 properties in the Americas. Appealing to thrill seekers of all ages, Six Flags Dubai will feature at least three world record breaking rides in addition to 6 Roller Coasters, 4 Aerial Attractions, a 350-meter River Rapids ride and 3 performance spaces along with many attractions tailored for younger guests. Additionally, the park will have 16 Food and Beverage outlets and 16 Retail outlets.

Raed Kajoor Al Nuaimi, Chief Executive Officer, Dubai Parks and Resorts, said, ???We are delighted to announce that construction has commenced on the region???s first Six Flags branded theme park. This is the fourth theme park at our destination alongside motiongate??? Dubai, Bollywood ParksTM Dubai and LEGOLAND?? Dubai and it will help us strengthen the appeal of Dubai Parks and Resorts as a must visit destination in the region.
Six Flags is a very successful brand in other parts of the world and the introduction of this exciting theme park will further establish Dubai Parks and Resorts as the region???s largest leisure and entertainment destination.???

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 5th, 2016, 10:18 pm

Points on hand: 9,972.00 Points
Three world records. At least one of them's probably going to be like:
World's largest Larson Loop Roller Coaster confirmed; tied with every other Larson Loop Roller Coaster in existence but still technically a world record!
mkingy wrote:
Yoda was famously quoted as saying:

Yoda wrote:
Free the Orcas, you must
Sith will prevail, otherwise

Fluorometholone

Post July 5th, 2016, 10:53 pm
Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
AmatsuNL wrote:
Three world records. At least one of them's probably going to be like:
World's largest Larson Loop Roller Coaster confirmed; tied with every other Larson Loop Roller Coaster in existence but still technically a world record!

Wouldn't surprise me lol. All the rides barring the Premier at the entrance seem like clones and cookie cutter rides. Maybe the Premier will be a Full Throttle clone too lol. I don't see this project actually finishing, Dubai is a place like China where many parks get started but never finish.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post July 6th, 2016, 8:11 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
With all the delays and issues Six Flags encountered with RMC (NTG lady, Goliath delayed 2 months and station fire, TC lift fire) and issues that they're seeing from a distance (Lightning Rod and part recall), I'm surprised and glad to see that there's still a Goliath-looking clone in the background of the concept art. I think Six Flags, as bullshity a company as it is, is particularly dedicated to getting the latest and greatest with regards to world-class roller coasters (not flat rides). Most of my favorite coasters are at Six Flags parks, and when I think of parks I want to be at right now, many Six Flags parks come to mind.

Also I think it's cute that the themed areas of this overseas park are named after their US parks lol. I wonder if there will be recognizable features in each area, like Magic Mountain being mountainous, Fiesta Texas being set in a custom-landscaped cliff/quarry, and Great Adventure having a really terrible footpath layout.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 6th, 2016, 3:50 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
^Only one of those is RMC's fault, the part recall(Colossus wasn't really an issue). Most of those are Six Flags fault anyway. This concept art looks less good than the last one, A red wooden coaster? seriously? Bright red? ew. The 4d and pulsar clones will be fun, and I'm guessing that coaster near the center will be a tony hawk clone. That entrance coaster doesn't look like a premier to me, it seems like it has a lift hill before the loop and then a bunch of airtime hills. of course there is no way that is anywhere close to the real ride it seems like it'll definitely be odd. Anyone know where the 6th coaster is? Thankfully I don't see a larson loop anywhere. Maybe in the back in what looks like the western area?
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post July 7th, 2016, 7:54 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
That red roof thing makes me think of a part of Ferrari World, lol. ;)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post July 7th, 2016, 8:21 am
Oscar User avatar
Founding Member
Founding Member

Points on hand: 11,502.60 Points
Bank: 187,052.60 Points

That red canopy looks like Ferrari world
Support Us! - Click Here To Donate $5 Monthly!
Paradox wrote:
No need to tell Oscar about the problems. He is magic.

Post July 7th, 2016, 8:25 am

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
My point was not whether the incidents were or were not RMCs fault--the bottom line is they were RMC-related projects most of which had major setbacks for various reasons, many being second-party.

After looking closely again, I really like the idea of the white coaster at the front. I love the huge drop into the plaza and the big loop around the Six Flags logo, it's like an homage to SFMM.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Post July 7th, 2016, 8:35 am
Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
So ride-wise we have:
1. Goliath SFGAm clone
2. Pulsar clone
3. S&S free spin clone
4. Whatever is over the lake (Gerstlauer spinner clone?)
5. Cool looking entrance ride

Still not sure why anyone wants to keep building in Dubai when it'll be inhospitable to non-microbial life in 30-40 years time from climate change but whatever.
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Post July 7th, 2016, 12:44 pm

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Now that I think about it, I'm willing to bet that entrance coaster is actually a B&M. Back to when the first concept art was released it featured a B&M Giga, seems to me that entrance ride is the evolution of that concept.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Post February 15th, 2018, 4:00 pm
Traintastic26 News Writer
News Writer

Points on hand: 7,584.00 Points
Interesting bit of news from screamscape stating that they won't be getting a RMC Goliath clone after all, but it will be getting a Mack Hypercoaster in the vains of Flash and DC Rivals.

(2/15/18) While we wait to find out more about the attraction line-up coming to Six Flags Dubai, Screamscape has been informed that the park actually will NOT have an RMC built coaster when it opens. Instead the park is said to be getting a Mack Rides built Hypercoaster experience. If I had to guess, this will end up being similar to the Mack built DC Rivals coaster that opened in Australia a few months ago.

I would presume that it's for the entrance coaster shown in the artwork here:

Sources:

http://www.screamscape.com/html/dubai_p ... tm#SFDubai

https://www.coaster101.com/2016/05/03/s ... open-2019/

Post February 16th, 2018, 7:46 am

Points on hand: 15,350.90 Points
The ultimate test for any westerner who wants those credits badly enough.

Post November 8th, 2018, 11:42 am
News Writer

A review is currently being carried out on the plans for Six Flags Dubai which could delay the parks planned 2019 opening:

https://blooloop.com/news/six-flags-dubai-review/

Post November 8th, 2018, 12:36 pm

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
I just hope we still get that MACK Hyper. That???s what I am personally excited for.
Last edited by Kw6sTheater on May 2nd, 2019, 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Post November 8th, 2018, 7:02 pm

Points on hand: 7,125.00 Points

Traintastic26 wrote:
A review is currently being carried out on the plans for Six Flags Dubai which could delay the parks planned 2019 opening:

https://blooloop.com/news/six-flags-dubai-review/

shocker..

Post February 7th, 2019, 2:28 am
News Writer

Well, it's official. Six Flags Dubai is on hold:

DXB Entertainments says Six flags Dubai put on hold over finance

DUBAI, Feb 6 (Reuters) - DXB Entertainments PJSC said on Wednesday that the Six Flags theme park project in Dubai cannot proceed as a syndicated finance facility is no longer available.

DXB Entertainment said the decision came after its board mandated a strategic review of its future development plans and capital deployment.

???In the intervening period, actions, including formal notification by Six Flags, resulted in funders??? concerns being raised specifically in relation to the revised projections for the Six Flags Dubai Project,??? the firm said in a statement. (Reporting by Asma Alsharif Editing by Alexander Smith)

Post February 7th, 2019, 7:12 am

Points on hand: 1,304.00 Points
We all saw this coming. I was wondering if Dubai Parks & Resorts would realize that their elaborate plan isn???t sustainable in a place only accessible to the very wealthy. Something like this might really work in China, where the middle class is booming, or possibly even the States...?
1. Voyage 2. Intimidator 305 3. Maverick 4. Skyrush 5. Mindbender (Galaxyland) 6. Fury 325 7. Kumba 8. Goliath (Six Flags Over Georgia) 9. The Beast 10. Phoenix

Out of 139 creds

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!