Board index Theme Park Discussions Theme Park News & Construction! Dragon King Suspended Coaster - Djurs Sommerland 2017 POV!

Dragon King Suspended Coaster - Djurs Sommerland 2017 POV!

Theme Park Construction And News Forum

Paradox User avatar

Points on hand: 7,113.00 Points
Bank: 10,198.60 Points
Looks like the park has begun teasing their 2017 attraction. Their last major coaster was Juvelen in 2013, and last year they added a big family area so this could possibly be a more thrilling ride. I'm hoping for a launched Gerstlauer.

EDIT: Video Broken
Last edited by Paradox on September 24th, 2016, 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:
Just don't employ stupid people and you're golden.

That's like finding a Waffle House with no white trash in it.

Post May 16th, 2016, 11:31 am

Points on hand: 3,266.00 Points
rawr xd

No clue what this could be. Just please don't do a dino walkthrough.
Lightning Rod|Intimidator 305|Fury 325|Twisted Timbers|Storm Chaser|Wicked Cyclone|Skyrush|Maverick|El Toro|Voyage

Post May 16th, 2016, 1:40 pm
mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 28,048.00 Points
Bank: 0.00 Points
Jora Entertainment seem to be involved in live set peices and special effects - wouldn't surprise me if it was something like a dino walkthrough / ghost train.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

Post May 17th, 2016, 12:44 am

Points on hand: 13,491.00 Points
Or... VR Youngster Coaster (which is more intense than kiddie tracks) can be a good addition, I think. :)
-- I was happy to be with NL1 - [:')] --

Post June 27th, 2016, 12:11 pm
Paradox User avatar

The park has posted this teaser on facebook. Apparently more information will be provided this week as well. The park has also apparently applied for an attraction with a height of 25-28 meters.

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Post June 28th, 2016, 11:49 am

The stats also referring to the track height "25-28 meters" make me think of a Corkscrew. And the name will be like Python that's on a posted trailer!

Just a shot in the dark! ;)

Post July 5th, 2016, 9:02 am
Paradox User avatar

Next year Djurs Sommerland is building Europe's longest and fastest family suspended coaster.

30 meters tall
85 km/h
825 meters long.

And they will announce something that they say is very unique about this coaster later.

Looks like an extended version of Orkanen. I love that they are getting a custom layout!
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

mkingy User avatar

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Maybe a barrel roll?
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

Paradox User avatar

Intamin confirmed! Definitely a strange choice considering they don't usually do suspended coasters, but seeing as how all the other major coasters in the park are Intamin, minus the Gerstlauer bobsled, I can see why the park went with them.

New roller coaster in Djurs Sommerland 2017

Djurs Sommerland invests approximately 12 million ??? in a huge new family thrill ride, scheduled for completion when the park opens in May 2017. The ride is Djurs Sommerland???s biggest single investment so far and also the biggest single investment in a Danish amusement park. The new ride is Europe???s fastest and longest Family Suspended Coaster ??? with a combination of elements that makes the ride unique. These will be published at a later time.

??? 30 metres tall.
??? Maximum speed 85 km/h.
??? 825 metres long.
??? Expected height restrictions: Minimum 120 cm.
??? Capacity: Approximately 750 passengers per hour.
??? 2 trains with 14 passengers per train.
??? G-force impact: Up to 4 G.
??? Duration of ride: Approximately 2 minutes.

The ride manufacturer is Intamin AG, Liechtenstein ??? www.intaminworldwide.com ??? who has also supplied Djurs Sommerland with Piraten (2008) and Juvelen (2013). The roller coaster will be constructed in an area of approximately 10.000 square metres. The new ride will be a part of a new, extensive themed area.

Jora Entertainment -www.joraentertainment.com - who participated in the concept development of the themed area Bondeg??rdsland with 10 rides (2015) as well as the new ride S??ulken (2016), will also be assisting in the new 2017 expansion.

The new ride will be the 27th ride addition since Djurs Sommerland built Denmark???s biggest roller coaster Piraten in 2008. During this period more than 53 million ??? have been invested in new rides and improvement in the park, and the visitor numbers have increased from 487.000 guests in 2007 to 801.000 in 2015. Follow Djurs Sommerland on facebook.com/djurssommerland for updates and pictures of the construction process.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 9,697.00 Points
I'm curious to see what their family inverted trains will look like. I feel like they won't be the typical 2x2 impulse trains. Guessing a very similar design but 1 row to a car.
X2 ??? Intimidator 305 ??? Millennium Force ??? Iron Rattler ??? El Toro ??? Fury 325 ??? Maverick ??? Skyrush ??? Twisted Timbers ??? Voyage

Points on hand: 227.00 Points
Bank: 11,457.10 Points
Definitely a barrel roll.
All hail your great Arrow Dynamics overlords.

They may imitate the Wingrider (Cf. Furious Baco.) train design. :)

Coasterkidmwm User avatar
True Addicts
True Addicts

Points on hand: 8,049.10 Points
Bank: 15,000.00 Points
Family Intamin invert with 4G's. So it'll be like a post-2010 Cedar Fair B&M invert?
"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

mkingy User avatar

tiepilot35 wrote:
I'm curious to see what their family inverted trains will look like. I feel like they won't be the typical 2x2 impulse trains. Guessing a very similar design but 1 row to a car.

Agreed, from what I can tell those impulse trains have a height restriction of 54 inches? I think they'd need to design something that had a height restriction of 48 inches to really be classes as a family coaster.
Coaster Count - 198
France 2019 Mini Trip Report

True Addicts
True Addicts

Their lone spinning coaster they've made has neat trains. I'm wondering if they will be like those.

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
Their lone spinning coaster they've made has neat trains. I'm wondering if they will be like those.

Hopefully they lose the vest on the trains. Both Vekoma and B&M have vestless trains for their family inverts.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
Interesting what they're billing as family rides these days. I'm all for making rides accessible to as many people as possible, and especially to younger people... but 100 feet tall, 50+ miles per hour and up to 4Gs with a POSSIBLE inversion seems to be pushing it for a family coaster, to me. Why not just call it the park's next big thrill ride? I guess they called it a "family thrill" ride but still. I suppose it makes more sense for the park to draw in more full families with 3+ people but with the ride stats so far it makes very little sense to me. Maybe it will seem more realistic when there's more info.

^ There's a lot of difference between the Kiddie and Family Fun concept, I think. Like completely tame or can be a tad thrilling due to moderate thrills provided for starters and seekers.

Paradox User avatar

zacattack1104 wrote:
Interesting what they're billing as family rides these days. I'm all for making rides accessible to as many people as possible, and especially to younger people... but 100 feet tall, 50+ miles per hour and up to 4Gs with a POSSIBLE inversion seems to be pushing it for a family coaster, to me. Why not just call it the park's next big thrill ride? I guess they called it a "family thrill" ride but still. I suppose it makes more sense for the park to draw in more full families with 3+ people but with the ride stats so far it makes very little sense to me. Maybe it will seem more realistic when there's more info.

Yeah the 4G's is definitely a bit much for a family ride lol. From the facebook video you can see the entire layout and there's no barrel roll in it unless they hide it behind the rock wall, but it seems like just the small trench dive is behind that.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

Points on hand: 2,475.00 Points
^ Oh I hadn't seen the video at the time I made the post, was just going on what others have said. I agree though the inversion seems unlikely. Still. 4Gs!

^^ My point stands, though. I see what you're saying, and there's unquestionably a difference between a kiddie ride and a family ride. Theoretically there's even a difference between a "family fun" and "family thrill" ride, but we're splitting hairs. I was mostly wondering why specifically the park would opt to bill a ride as a Family coaster that, by its stats, seems like it will be equal to (if not greater than) other coasters that are clearly billed as full-sized, "full-thrill" rides. It doesn't change what the ride does or how thrilling it is, but it's a curious marketing decision based on what information we have so far.

Look at it this way: It's missing five inversions which is definitely no small deal in terms of it being a family-vs-thrill ride, but in terms of the stats we have so far, it is as tall, slightly faster, and pulls as many Gs as the B:TR clones.

Paradox User avatar

Overhead layout released

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

True Addicts
True Addicts

So is the area with the X's a block brake or something like drop track?

Paradox User avatar

Coasterkidmwm wrote:
So is the area with the X's a block brake or something like drop track?

It's the dive into the shed which you can see in the announcement video.
Coasterkidmwm wrote:
gouldy wrote:

XLR8R User avatar
CoasterCrazy Media
CoasterCrazy Media

Points on hand: 3,273.01 Points
Dat prelift.
Storm Chaser | Intimidator 305 | Lightning Run | Twisted Colossus | Maverick | El Toro | Millennium Force | Xcelerator | El Loco | Magnum XL-200
Coaster Count: 154 - Last Credit: Ragin' Cajun (Six Flags America)

Next

Return to Theme Park News & Construction!